Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

xdogg
xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
http://marvel.com/news/video_games/23865/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_enemy_of_the_state

POWERED UP:
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
:elektra:
star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_daredevil.png
icon_storm.png
star.pngstar.png
icon_captainamerica.png
icon_ms_marvel.png
icon_hawkeye.png

Notable Progressions:
12500 - icon_ms_marvel.pngredflag.png
25000 - star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png
45000 - star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png
75000 - star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_storm.pnggreenflag.png

Player Awards:
1-2 :elektra: redflag.png +
3-10 icon_wolverine.png Patch - greenflag.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png
11-20 icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png
21-150 icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png
151-400 icon_ares.pnggreenflag.png
401-800 standard cardpack.png
801-1000 icon_lol.gif

Alliance Awards:
1-100 icon_wolverine.png Patch redflag.png

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope I'm reading that wrong and survival isn't just a new kind of node that will be included in same-old-same-old story events. Gotta love how they didn't even answer the question directly in their own PR article...
  • That actually sounds pretty cool. Daken, xforce, and obw will be crucial due to healing.
  • Logia
    Logia Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Wait, do the enemies get tougher over time? If so, isn't the obvious strategy to sandbag and collect a ton of AP on the first weak opponent then spam your powers to victory?
  • It looks as if the player will not have any version of Wolverine, if are "against" him and the Hand. and his claws. and haircut.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on the Progression rewards and previous PvE rewards for Prodigal Sun; I'm betting on the following powered-up characters
    :elektra: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_daredevil.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_storm.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_hawkeye.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_captainamerica.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_caroldanvers.pngstar.pngstar.png

:electra: will of course be the required character for most if not all required nodes.
  • IReallyHatePVP
    IReallyHatePVP Posts: 254
    edited December 2014
    Well, something weird happened as I sniped My 1st (EDIT: ever) TRIPLE star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover reward ( icon_mrgreen.gificon_e_ugeek.gificon_mrgreen.gif ); the game reloaded at the 30 min. remaining mark, and when it returned, all of the icon_wolverine.png arts have changed (2, 3, and 4 star.png versions.) and they all look....fear inducing icon_e_sad.gif .

Also, rewards are Patch ( icon_wolverine.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png ) covers, in greenflag.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png order.

Top Prog is a greenflag.pngicon_storm.png cover. Yay?
  • Anyone transitioning from star.pngstar.png to star.pngstar.pngstar.png should LEAP on this one. Patch is about a million times better for a transitioning player than some elektra covers. 2 yellows are the only covers I ever bought with real money in the game, and god damn was that money well spent.
  • I'm actually very excited about the Red Ms. Marvel. Aside from that- with the holidays, and travel, and the Elektra grind - I'm happy to take it relatively easy in this one.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Anyone transitioning from star.pngstar.png to star.pngstar.pngstar.png should LEAP on this one. Patch is about a million times better for a transitioning player than some elektra covers. 2 yellows are the only covers I ever bought with real money in the game, and god damn was that money well spent.

I could use a icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png like crazy, and one of each color wouldn't go to waste, but top 20 in a long event? Ugh. If I had my old job, probably. With everyone off for the holiday I have a feeling those top spots will be populated with kiddies on Xmas vacay. Can't hurt to try, but man I'll be bummed when I fall short.

Buffed list kinda meaningless since 110 Mostorm buffed to whatever is going to go down too quick for more than 1-2 nodes. 5/1/1 DD might be nice in removing special tiles on some nodes, but without patch... expecting reduced usefulness. They really couldn't buff a third 3*? Lame
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Need Patch badly. Got him to 2/2/2 my first month playing... then he was vaulted
  • I need 2 greenflag.png for my Patch to be optimal and I have proven to be terrible at placing high in PVE. Still curious how this'll work out. Not too thrilled with the top progression reward being Mohawk.
  • Yes finally patch rewards! I'm going all out this event i will not get below top 150 no matter what! Also, yay storm reward because she's nearly playable (6 covers) for me and her build is 0/4/2 so i need that green bad. We should be grateful as patch is a great character and green storm is her best cover (some might argue that black is her best)
  • The new icon_wolverine.png art is pretty nice.

Also, turned this into an event thread and added the following to the OP.
    POWERED UP:
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    :elektra:
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_daredevil.png
    icon_storm.png
    star.pngstar.png
    icon_captainamerica.png
    icon_ms_marvel.png
    icon_hawkeye.png

Notable Progressions:
    12500 - icon_ms_marvel.pngredflag.png
    25000 - star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png
    45000 - star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png
    75000 - star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_storm.pnggreenflag.png

Player Awards:
    1-2 :elektra: redflag.png +
    3-10 icon_wolverine.png Patch - greenflag.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png
    11-20 icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png
    21-150 icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png
    151-400 icon_ares.pnggreenflag.png
    401-800 standard cardpack.png
    801-1000 icon_lol.gif

Alliance Awards:
    1-100 icon_wolverine.png Patch redflag.png
  • Call me crazy but why do we need so many week long PVEs?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, week long PVE's are much too long. 3-4 days is ideal, with two running every week.

And more directly on topic, it would be great if anyone who has already joined the event could post information about the format. Is it a standard pve with recharging nodes and 2:24/3hr timer, or is it something different?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2014
    I hope I'm reading that wrong and survival isn't just a new kind of node that will be included in same-old-same-old story events. Gotta love how they didn't even answer the question directly in their own PR article...
    Yup survival is just a new node. just with more than 3 enemies

And for the first post
    Sub duration: 36 hours
    Split Essentials: Mohawk/Elektra
    Node refresh time: 3 hours
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    No, week long PVE's are much too long. 3-4 days is ideal, with two running every week.

And more directly on topic, it would be great if anyone who has already joined the event could post information about the format. Is it a standard pve with recharging nodes and 2:24/3hr timer, or is it something different?

Two every week? wat. You want us to grind even MORE? Subs would last a day under your scheme.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new animations and survival mode is pretty laggy for me. Luckily I don't give a damn about this PVE.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fear that survival mode is nothing more than a slightly different (and longer) kind of node buried in a same-old same-old story event.

Ugh.

And for kensterr, that sucks about laggy play time. . .but . . . GOOD!!! ignore this pve entirely and get your stinking paws off [my patch covers] you damn, dirty. . . etc.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a good start on Android.

Select first slice, which has already started, push "enter".

Go into event, please select a slice. I've already done that, I want the first one, as that's always the buggy easy one. Select again, push "enter".

Go into event, please select a slice. Godsdammit.

On Steam, I selected a slice this morning with no problems and it starts in 7 hours 40 minutes. probably.

Edit: killing MPQ and restarting got me into the event. Rassen frassen.