Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

2456717

Comments

  • I'm digging the waves concept. The surprise Wolverine drop in was unwelcome when AI had built up a bunch of redtile.png .
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anybody have details on the sub rewards/timing?
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    So I've already entered the event.

    Sub rewards are very similar to last event:
    1-2: Rectruit Token x2 (Enemy of State) / 1000 iso / 100 HP
    3-10: Rectruit Token (Enemy of State) / 1000 iso / 100 HP
    11-50: Rectruit Token (Enemy of State) / 1000 iso / 50 HP
    51-100: Rectruit Token (Enemy of State) / 1000 iso
    101-200: Rectruit Token (Enemy of State) / 500 iso
    201-300: Rectruit Token (Enemy of State) / 250 iso
    301-400: Rectruit Token (Heroic) / 250 iso

    401-1000 are all combinations of standard recruit tokens and iso.

    There are 8 battles in the sub event. The first can only be played once (high level characters are given to you). Two of the others require essentials (one Elektra, the other Storm Mohawk). Three of them are in "wave" format... the others are standard.

    Refresh time is 3 hours. 36 hour sub events.

    Hope this helps!
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    36h sub again?

    Anyway, spider man beats these endless things easily. match purple for shields and just wait until the active character pups up to web him up. Add Blade to the mix and it's over.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    ark123 wrote:
    36h sub again?

    Yep (just added it to the above post). icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I fear that survival mode is nothing more than a slightly different (and longer) kind of node buried in a same-old same-old story event.

    Ugh.

    And for kensterr, that sucks about laggy play time. . .but . . . GOOD!!! ignore this pve entirely and get your stinking paws off [my patch covers] you damn, dirty. . . etc.
    I don't need no Patch covers. icon_razz.gif
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    Anyone transitioning from star.pngstar.png to star.pngstar.pngstar.png should LEAP on this one. Patch is about a million times better for a transitioning player than some elektra covers.
    We should... but unless we have a mid-to-poor 3* character on our roster that hasn't been offered for a while - not the most likely of scenarios - AND were in the top 5% of the last PvE - nearly impossible - there's no way. I'm actually quite sad because Patch really is great but there's no way you can place well without essentials, and I have neither. And after killing myself for days just to come out with a single Daredevil, a red Sentry, and 50 HP, the time vs. reward equation is reminding me that this is stupid.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,696 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zumdahl wrote:
    I'm digging the waves concept. The surprise Wolverine drop in was unwelcome when AI had built up a bunch of redtile.png .

    I caught off guard by the wolvie drop in, and he came in and adamantium slash capt!

    I like the concept of the survival mode. But not the concept of survival node! Please give us a true survival mode!
  • Did anyone else notice that the recruit token percentages are messed up? Elektra goes from 2.3 (1 pack) to 2.8 (10 and 42 packs) percent chance but no other character's percentages change. Don't know how this will effect token pulls...
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Not a good start on Android.

    Select first slice, which has already started, push "enter".

    Go into event, please select a slice. I've already done that, I want the first one, as that's always the buggy easy one. Select again, push "enter".

    Go into event, please select a slice. Godsdammit.

    On Steam, I selected a slice this morning with no problems and it starts in 7 hours 40 minutes. probably.

    Edit: killing MPQ and restarting got me into the event. Rassen frassen.

    Same thing for me on iOS. Killing the app and restarting fixed it.
  • Mattfal wrote:
    Did anyone else notice that the recruit token percentages are messed up? Elektra goes from 2.3 (1 pack) to 2.8 (10 and 42 packs) percent chance but no other character's percentages change. Don't know how this will effect token pulls...

    Because the % are rounded to the nearest 0.1 of a %. If the chance of pulling someone went from 0.94% to 0.89% both are rounded to 0.9%. Get 10 of those and you get your 0.5% difference.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    I am enjoying the wave of the hand - with multiple characters laying down special tiles everywhere, is this finally doc ock's turn to shine?

    For me, it's made daredevil loads of fun - his abilities carry across well to multiple sets of enemies.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Survival NODE has 1/1 reward so each additional clear (several over the sub) gives you 20 iso8.png
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Mohawk as top progression reward? Really? Why not Elektra or at least Daredevil?
    Survival mode? all events are survival mode.. you either need to grind like crazy trivial nodes or face Deadly enemies every 3 hours for 20 ISO.
    And now we need to do those survival nodes for 20 ISO? icon_evil.gif
    Every event is just a mock for your players. Devs, you must bash your head against the wall until leftovers of your brains will fix in a right position... Or may be next crew will be smarter icon_twisted.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nefesh wrote:
    Mohawk as top progression reward? Really? Why not Elektra or at least Daredevil?
    Survival mode? all events are survival mode.. you either need to grind like crazy trivial nodes or face Deadly enemies every 3 hours for 20 ISO.
    And now we need to do those survival nodes for 20 ISO? icon_evil.gif
    Every event is just a mock for your players. Devs, you must bash your head against the wall until leftovers of your brains will fix in a right position... Or may be next crew will be smarter icon_twisted.gif
    They just gave away DD covers
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Spoit wrote:
    They just gave away DD covers
    Gave away? Who, when, where? icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • The wave mechanic is interesting, it does mean you are more unlikely to leave them without taking any damage whatsoever, unless you have a very strong counter to countdown timers... However with the new Hand Goons, they place trap tiles as well, so you have to be super lucky to avoid taking damage from the ones that cause damage... I set one off on my lvl 120 team and bammmm! my entire team was hit for 900 damage.... for most non-tanky 3* at that level it's about a quarter of their health!

    So it means literally unless you have someone who can constantly stun the heck out of the enemies (gamora's rnk 5 green starting to looking very appealing now), you're going to come away with moderate to heavy team damage after each node, heck you may even not survive the node... especially as the difficulty scales up to hard and deadly... Yeah, deadly goons will mean that deadly! you won't survive! I've always hated fighting Fury and Daredevil because of the trap nature... Now I get to add Hand Goons and Electra to the mix, is it was never about strategy with them, but dumb luck! I don't call "stun locking" strategy, that's a survival requirement!!!!

    When I use traps the AI seem insanely good at avoiding the ones that hurt them, and the ones that don't hurt them but benefit me the AI is great at removing them almost instantly.... My Electra shadow step traps didn't even last one turn as soon as I put them up, granted it's just two dodge tiles Yep useless as heck early on, but given the rate at which they are removed, I doubt the four trap tiles you get at rank 5 shadow step will be much good... Nice idea on her ability just poorly implemented.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nefesh wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    They just gave away DD covers
    Gave away? Who, when, where? icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif

    I think Spoit is mistaking "needing to place top 100 / top 150" with "free ride". icon_e_wink.gif
  • Vhailorx wrote:
    No, week long PVE's are much too long. 3-4 days is ideal, with two running every week.

    And more directly on topic, it would be great if anyone who has already joined the event could post information about the format. Is it a standard pve with recharging nodes and 2:24/3hr timer, or is it something different?

    Two every week? wat. You want us to grind even MORE? Subs would last a day under your scheme.

    Multiple events a week mean you can skip pve for a few days on occasion, and join back in the next one. With week long PVEs, you need to play constantly all the time for any rewards, and not being able to play for even a day pushes you out of any good positions. It is less grinding to do more events AND more rewards.
  • saurus wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    No, week long PVE's are much too long. 3-4 days is ideal, with two running every week.

    And more directly on topic, it would be great if anyone who has already joined the event could post information about the format. Is it a standard pve with recharging nodes and 2:24/3hr timer, or is it something different?

    Two every week? wat. You want us to grind even MORE? Subs would last a day under your scheme.

    Multiple events a week mean you can skip pve for a few days on occasion, and join back in the next one. With week long PVEs, you need to play constantly all the time for any rewards, and not being able to play for even a day pushes you out of any good positions. It is less grinding to do more events AND more rewards.

    So if they offer 2 events in one week that both have Thor (4*) as reward, do you seriously think that means you can skip PvE for a few days?

    The length of the PvE event is irrelevent compared to the prize offered. If they have a weeklong event for Thor (4*) it'd be a gruesome experience, but it'd still be just as gruesome if it was 2 3 day event offering Thor twice. Well, the latter would end up offering more total prizes over a period of time, but D3 isn't in the business of spontaneous giving extra stuff, and at any rate I doubt anybody is going to say, 'well they offer Thor twice so I only have to grind hard once because who needs extra Thor covers?' Everyone will still be grinding like a madman both times and complain about too much grinding. If anything such a schedule is likely to make the difference between the haves and have nots even greater since the haves are likely to win both times.