The Final Showdown

Options
1235»

Comments

• eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Going to try this crazy mission in a bit, but don't know what time I shoushould use.

Have a max thor, 77 spidey, and 77 wolvie.

I'm thinking wolvie/spidey for strike tiles and stun, but could als see wolvie/thor for damage and strike tiles. Guess it depends on how lucky a board you get lol

Would definitely do wolvie/spidey since I did it with 61 wolvies/18 black widow.. although i was able to get off one aggressive recon to take away the black venom had for devour. However, since you can easily stun (unlike me), it should be much easier icon_e_smile.gif
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My MVP for this was my new level 5 red Punisher the last cover received for getting 50K. The kill them once they are at 40% made this way easier than the first time around. Since these lvl 247 guys are similar to the buffed villains in Lightning rounds I am thinking there is a combo with Punisher which might work for those especially since there should be a lot of layers with pretty advanced Punishers after the last two weeks of Hulk events.
  • My MVP for this was my new level 5 red Punisher the last cover received for getting 50K. The kill them once they are at 40% made this way easier than the first time around. Since these lvl 247 guys are similar to the buffed villains in Lightning rounds I am thinking there is a combo with Punisher which might work for those especially since there should be a lot of layers with pretty advanced Punishers after the last two weeks of Hulk events.

Sadly, due to wolv tiles, thor's red>punisher 5 red in this. Around 6k damage with punisher for 8 ap vs 1.8k+ base, board control, and usually 1-3k min damage added and yellow built. Imo that beats 6k damage for 2 more ap. Just save 12 ap for 2 and u will always get something good out of it.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just beat the mission with 77 wolvie/85 o. widow/ 1/3/5 level 15 punisher. Boosted out 4 wolvie strike tiles early, and deny green/red while making widow matches on rags for 2k+ hits, finishing off with a punisher red. Took me 2 attempts. I really feel like these last missions should have some sort of extra reward. Since this is the conclusion of a week long event, why not give us a more meaningful prize than the standard, such as some HP?
  • Just not in the cards for me. Isolating red, but there are like 5 red combos on the board, then the AI just gets reds cascading for them after my turns. Needed this mission to get inside of 300, oh well
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Beat it first try again. 50 3/3/5 Punisher, 85 Wolvie, and 65 Spidey; same team as last time. Stunned occasionally while taking down Venom, then Rags, and then I Retribution'd Juggernaut in the face when he got to 7k HP. Only took about 300 damage (all on spidey). I'm sure Wolvie regen'd whatever hit him.

He has 19600 HP, so you can take down Juggs with the 40% when Juggs is below 7840. Molotov comes in handy once you have enough Strikes down.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Beat it first try again. 50 3/3/5 Punisher, 85 Wolvie, and 65 Spidey; same team as last time. Stunned occasionally while taking down Venom, then Rags, and then I Retribution'd Juggernaut in the face when he got to 7k HP. Only took about 300 damage (all on spidey). I'm sure Wolvie regen'd whatever hit him.

He has 19600 HP, so you can take down Juggs with the 40% when Juggs is below 7840. Molotov comes in handy once you have enough Strikes down.

Just out of curiousity, what was the starting board? Mine had all reds, so I lost it in the second move
  • eidehua
    Options
    Victory again, this time I actually got a screen shot icon_e_smile.gif
    74 wolvie, 35 punisher, 18 b.widow this time around.
    s1MUI7t.png

Kelbris wrote:

Just out of curiousity, what was the starting board? Mine had all reds, so I lost it in the second move
    Unlucky.. my board actually started with quite a bit of reds- a match 4 and another match 3. So I took the match 4, but the AI didn't take the match 3 red- went for environmental (iirc). So there's that.

It's worth trying several more times as your HP packs regen if you want top 300
  • Three attempts and I'm out of med packs for the night. I don't know how you guys do it. I've been working with a 66 Spidey 1/3/3, Max Wolv, and 38 Punisher 3/*/*. I've gotten down to Juggy alone once and Venom alone once. I isolate as much red and green as I can but then the AI goes and matches a yellow then all of a sudden a cacade of red falls into their lap. Also having trouble keeping enough blue flowing to stun anyone.

Oh well, I'm #666 right now...maybe that's why I can't win! I hope I wake up tomorrow with 3 shiney new Hulk covers.
  • Got a really good board and hardly took any damage at all....phew

IMG_38536064421798.jpg
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    Three attempts and I'm out of med packs for the night. I don't know how you guys do it. I've been working with a 66 Spidey 1/3/3, Max Wolv, and 38 Punisher 3/*/*. I've gotten down to Juggy alone once and Venom alone once. I isolate as much red and green as I can but then the AI goes and matches a yellow then all of a sudden a cacade of red falls into their lap. Also having trouble keeping enough blue flowing to stun anyone.

Oh well, I'm #666 right now...maybe that's why I can't win! I hope I wake up tomorrow with 3 shiney new Hulk covers.

Honestly, not sure if a 3 blue spidey would cut it. Had a blue cover and could only beat it when I upped it to 4
  • 85 thor, 67 spider, 30 punisher. Took like 4-5 attempts to get enough blue tiles. Spider kept getting one-shot.
  • eidehua
    Options
    SUPERTOM wrote:
    Three attempts and I'm out of med packs for the night. I don't know how you guys do it. I've been working with a 66 Spidey 1/3/3, Max Wolv, and 38 Punisher 3/*/*. I've gotten down to Juggy alone once and Venom alone once. I isolate as much red and green as I can but then the AI goes and matches a yellow then all of a sudden a cacade of red falls into their lap. Also having trouble keeping enough blue flowing to stun anyone.

You can probably try again by letting wolvie heal in prologue missions, and using the 1 med pack regen (more than 30 min till midnight) on punisher. As for spidey, do you have health packs in prologue still? Otherwise might want to try w/ b. widow as I did. Board luck is still definitely needed. I went +3 ap and +3 blue /purp and +20% dmg dark avengers, and Rags > venom > juggs