The Final Showdown

Options
240 rags / venom / jugg

Even harder than the last set. This seems to be the devs strategy for separating the leaderboard at the end.
Personally this mission isn't for me icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Where is it? Does it appear after you beat the 4 missions in the main event?
  • windfallstar
    Options
    It becomes available after you beat "Send Osborne a Message" and "Message Received"
  • There are 6 in total it looks like. 3 for Hulk and 3 for Punisher.
  • So..does dakan kill punisher? Totally should be how it ends...
  • I hope they make the rest of the story available somehow. I can't get past any of the matches with the lvl100+ Dark Avengers, but I'd like to see how the event ends.
  • I hope they make the rest of the story available. I can't get past any of the matches with the lvl100+ Dark Avengers, but I'd like to see how the event ends.
    All Punishers then deleted.

Or turned into Frankencastle!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    So..does dakan kill punisher? Totally should be how it ends...

***MAYBE SPOILER***

The episode ends with Daken chasing down the Punisher and says we'll see an event about it.
  • Nemek wrote:

***MAYBE SPOILER***

The episode ends with Daken chasing down the Punisher and says we'll see an event about it.

Thought it was referring to the comic book.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    240 rags / venom / jugg

Even harder than the last set. This seems to be the devs strategy for separating the leaderboard at the end.
    Personally this mission isn't for me icon_e_smile.gif

Who's required?
  • For anyone who successfully beats the 240/240/240 mission can you take screens and maybe post them here for those of us who can't beat it. Stinks that the endgame story will be unobatainable for a lot of people. 240 Rags/Jugs/Moon was rough. Trying to eat reds, greens, blacks, and pinks before the enemy=impossible
  • Nemek
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

***MAYBE SPOILER***

Thought it was referring to the comic book.

Ohhh, it very well could be referring to the comic book instead.
  • I beat that mission pretty easily, though started out with a good board. As usual you have to hold the red and green, and use Thor's red as a defensive move because your opponents cannot make any use of yellow tiles. As with the other missions, pretty much either 1 red match or 2 green match = game over against those super powered guys if you haven't killed Ragnrok by then.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Ohhh, it very well could be referring to the comic book instead.

I started thinking yay next pve event coming but then I read the Punisher Dark Reign The List so I'm thinking it was just some in game advertising for Marvel, although (a few years?) late.

Hope I'm wrong!
  • I am afraid to even try honestly lol. Maybe with a 5 blue spidey but just the idea of having to guard purple, black, red, and to a lesser extent green sounds rough. Normally I would say venom is the weak link, but everyone has such high damage that a stun means thousands of damage and possibly giving them the scary red or black ap they need. 5 health packs + 1 every 35 min...I guess I get a few attempts throughout the day while waiting on the last few hours go Do the rest of the missions.

So what is the assumed kill order then? Rag jug venom? Rag venom jug? Pretty sure with that 2 ap crud that rag has go go first.
  • 5 health packs + 1 every 35 min...I guess I get a few attempts throughout the day while waiting on the last few hours go Do the rest of the missions.
    Someone asked me just the other day why I squirrel away my health packs (currently at 100). It is for just such a rainy day as this
  • From my first attempt with blue stockpiles and a 5 blue spidey... it was fine until I ran out of blue matches right as all my stuns wore off. And then it was over... in like 2 turns.

With Spidey you need to constantly get fed blue because the hit points are so high it is almost impossible to keep up. I've been running with Wolverine and Punisher as they were pumped up for the event. I will be changing that plan for future attempts.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    the moose wrote:
    For anyone who successfully beats the 240/240/240 mission can you take screens and maybe post them here for those of us who can't beat it. Stinks that the endgame story will be unobatainable for a lot of people. 240 Rags/Jugs/Moon was rough. Trying to eat reds, greens, blacks, and pinks before the enemy=impossible

I'll do it. As long as I have two free slots so I can use Spidey and Wolvey, it shouldn't be too out of reach.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The only way you're doing enough damage to overcome these guys is with Wolverine's strike tiles. You can't possibly hope to lock down 3 level 240 guys long enough while playing defensively. Go with the +3 all, +3 red, +3 green and start off with 2 feral claws immediately. Keep them away from red and green tiles, and when you can't possibly do it anymore use Thor's red (or Magneto's blue) and pray it changes the right tiles into yellow. Most likely you've to have a board that at least starts you off with a match 5 (so you can have more AP to work with). You may want to simply retreat if the board looks bad, since your HP really matters relatively little as it's almost a guaranteed 1 turn kill once Ragnrok gets Thunderclap rolling.

Ragnarok has to die first. After he's down, it's pretty much over. Just make sure you got a fodder character to eat the Headbutt in the middle, so that you can at least always match enviornmental tiles to absorb the Headbutt.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    I am afraid to even try honestly lol. Maybe with a 5 blue spidey but just the idea of having to guard purple, black, red, and to a lesser extent green sounds rough. Normally I would say venom is the weak link, but everyone has such high damage that a stun means thousands of damage and possibly giving them the scary red or black ap they need. 5 health packs + 1 every 35 min...I guess I get a few attempts throughout the day while waiting on the last few hours go Do the rest of the missions.

So what is the assumed kill order then? Rag jug venom? Rag venom jug? Pretty sure with that 2 ap crud that rag has go go first.

Rag Venom Jug. Venom's stun can be a real hassle.
  • Nemek
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    the moose wrote:
    For anyone who successfully beats the 240/240/240 mission can you take screens and maybe post them here for those of us who can't beat it. Stinks that the endgame story will be unobatainable for a lot of people. 240 Rags/Jugs/Moon was rough. Trying to eat reds, greens, blacks, and pinks before the enemy=impossible

I'll do it. As long as I have two free slots so I can use Spidey and Wolvey, it shouldn't be too out of reach.

I just took the screenshots, I'll post them in a few minutes. Spidey/Wolvie should be fine, that's how I did mine.