*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• Just throwing it out there, but Spidey makes a good "tank" because he is regularly buffed, so I raise him and use him on missions. Screw your PvP meta.
  • Curiosity - does it make a huge difference between a 4 purple to 5 purple?
    I am thinking of gg into 4/5/4 instead of 3/5/5 - reason being I doubt as a attacker you will start aiming for purple?
    As a defense team, having a low 10Y ap will be gd to delay their time to attack as well since once he can actually heal the whole team.

Plus to create purple protection tiles - you have create yourself which is v. Unlikely that u can create all three tiles @ same time . without destroying them.

Max I saw is 2 tilew within a match.

AI likelihood of getting pumped protected tiles is low due to destroy of yellow web tiles. But getting 10ap is easier.
    Will be gd to have advice from spidy user. I am still consider abt it.
  • sparksue wrote:
    Curiosity - does it make a huge difference between a 4 purple to 5 purple?

Yes. Max purple is now around 250 defense tile. Without that L5 you're talking only 200. If you think 150 damage reduction isn't much, then consider the flip side -- is putting out two of Wolvie's strike tiles worthwhile or not?

sparksue wrote:
    Plus to create purple protection tiles - you have create yourself which is v. Unlikely that u can create all three tiles @ same time . without destroying them.

I have 3 out a lot of the time without even trying.

Here's the better question -- how often are you going to have 10 yellow AP, but not 11?

The difference between 1 yellow and 2 yellow is pretty big (13 AP vs 12 AP; 5 match 3s vs 4 match 3s). The difference between 2 and 3? Not much. 3 and 4? Even less.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    sparksue wrote:
    Curiosity - does it make a huge difference between a 4 purple to 5 purple?

Yes. Max purple is now around 250 defense tile. Without that L5 you're talking only 200. If you think 150 damage reduction isn't much, then consider the flip side -- is putting out two of Wolvie's strike tiles worthwhile or not?

sparksue wrote:

I have 3 out a lot of the time without even trying.

Here's the better question -- how often are you going to have 10 yellow AP, but not 11?

The difference between 1 yellow and 2 yellow is pretty big (13 AP vs 12 AP; 5 match 3s vs 4 match 3s). The difference between 2 and 3? Not much. 3 and 4? Even less.

Thanks for the points that you gave.
    It's does make sense regarding the Yellow decreasing from 11 to 10.

So to go for a Max defense tile, we will have to get 5 web tiles.Am I right? What's the current web tiles each for L5 skill? Do you have any idea on it?
    Understand that someone has actually posted the last web tile protection but they have actually nerf the defense point.
    Will be good that we have a updated one so that we can have a good look on the current defense tile we can get based on the no. of web tiles we have.

1 web tiles = ?? Protection
    2 web Tiles = ?? Protection

Also I am right to say that only the increase in strength is based on the no. of web tiles before any protection is cast on it? it will not change the current protection even there's a increase/decease of web tiles in the game play?
  • Interesting reading your guys' views on spidey. I'm currently 3/5/3 with 1 yellow waiting and am still deciding if I want to hold out for 2 purples
  • Interesting reading your guys' views on spidey. I'm currently 3/5/3 with 1 yellow waiting and am still deciding if I want to hold out for 2 purples

The answer is yes.
  • Honestly, I'm having second thoughts on Spidey's purple. Most of my games with him have had the enemy in a permanent state of stunlock, and being able to top my team off at 9 Yellow instead of 11 seems better for chaining games together. Who cares about mitigating 700 damage when you aren't getting hit?
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Interesting reading your guys' views on spidey. I'm currently 3/5/3 with 1 yellow waiting and am still deciding if I want to hold out for 2 purples

The answer is yes.

That's what I'm doing. I've already sold 2 yellow Spideys (and he's at 3/5/3 as well).
  • PhantomFO wrote:
    Honestly, I'm having second thoughts on Spidey's purple. Most of my games with him have had the enemy in a permanent state of stunlock, and being able to top my team off at 9 Yellow instead of 11 seems better for chaining games together. Who cares about mitigating 700 damage when you aren't getting hit?

I felt the same way... and then the blue matches started to dry up just enough and the game started to get out of control. His purple supplements his blue without costing the web tiles the way the yellow does. That's what makes it so good.

I'm 3/5/5 and very happy with it. I don't have to heal all that much because no one is taking much damage... even if I lose control of the stun lock.
  • rabscutle wrote:
    PhantomFO wrote:
    Honestly, I'm having second thoughts on Spidey's purple. Most of my games with him have had the enemy in a permanent state of stunlock, and being able to top my team off at 9 Yellow instead of 11 seems better for chaining games together. Who cares about mitigating 700 damage when you aren't getting hit?

I felt the same way... and then the blue matches started to dry up just enough and the game started to get out of control. His purple supplements his blue without costing the web tiles the way the yellow does. That's what makes it so good.

I'm 3/5/5 and very happy with it. I don't have to heal all that much because no one is taking much damage... even if I lose control of the stun lock.

It's does make sense on using 3/5/5 since there's might be other users who's able to use Yellow to kill off. (example: Thor)
    But i guess either going for 3/5/5 or 5/5/3 is the way to go - to maximum either one of the ability rather then getting 4/5/4 - not maximum the potential ability that Spidy have in both ability.
    Nvm, still got sometime to think abt it. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • PhantomFO wrote:

You must be boosting every single match then. Because I've started and finished matches before getting enough blue to do more than a single stun (if that).

And if you're boosting every match... you're wasting so very much ISO.
  • I'm having to junk so many yellow Spidey covers. It's painful, but I'm committed to 3/5/5 I think.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    You have to look at characters AP in multiples of 3. Always assume you will only get 3 matches, not 4 or more. That said, there isn't much between 10 and 11 AP, you are gonna need 4 tile matches to activate, where the 10 is better is perhaps a 2nd use in the round. As if you had 12-10 gives you 2. Now you only need 3 matches to go off again, where you will need another 4 to go off at 11 AP. I look at AP at 3-6-9-12, etc, the diference between 4 and 6 isn't huge since it will require 2 matches. but the difference between 6 and 7 is enourmous, because that's one less match, that is how you should evaluate AP. Unless you are unbelievable at getting 4 tile matches. That being said, 10 is still better than 11 because while it requres 4 3 tile matches, you only need 1 4 tile match and 2x3tile to go off, where you will still need a fourth match at 11. The difference between 11 and 12 or 8 and 9, 5-6, 2 and 3 are negligble, as in either of those cases you would still need the same number of turns with or without a 4 tile match, where the lower number in tiers, (4-6)(7-9)(10-12) the 4,7,10 can go off 1 turn earlier with a 4 tile match, where the others cannot. In short of my babbling, rate AP numbers in multiples of 3, and weigh the options of dropping into that lowest number in each tier with a cover, or maxing out another.
  • Is it a viable tactict to just use stun and not heal with spidey?
  • jozier wrote:
    I'm having to junk so many yellow Spidey covers. It's painful, but I'm committed to 3/5/5 I think.

Same. Makes me sad as I've had to sell off 3 yellow Spideys already in pursuit of purple. icon_e_sad.gif Thanks to the first round of Double Shot, I have just one last purple to go.
  • bongo king wrote:
    Is it a viable tactict to just use stun and not heal with spidey?

Uh, sure... but why?

It's not like there are many other decent yellow skills in the game. I guess you could use it for IM40s battery, but that's the only case I can think of. Hood's twin pistols?
  • sparksue wrote:
    So to go for a Max defense tile, we will have to get 5 web tiles.Am I right? What's the current web tiles each for L5 skill? Do you have any idea on it?
    Understand that someone has actually posted the last web tile protection but they have actually nerf the defense point.
    Will be good that we have a updated one so that we can have a good look on the current defense tile we can get based on the no. of web tiles we have.

1 web tiles = ?? Protection
    2 web Tiles = ?? Protection

Also I am right to say that only the increase in strength is based on the no. of web tiles before any protection is cast on it? it will not change the current protection even there's a increase/decease of web tiles in the game play?

Defense tiles do not change after they've been placed.

Current values for a L141 Spidey:

0 tiles: 66
    1 tile: 111
    2 tiles: 156
    3 tiles: 200
    4 tiles: 267
    5 tiles: 333
    6 tiles: 333

Many Bothans died to bring you this information... ok... actually just a Wolverine, Thor, and IM40. But they looked a bit funny.
  • I don't like Spidey as much as others do. He is great in PvE events where they have level 240 heros with 20k hp that need to be stunlocked, but in pvp events he is SLOWwwwwwwwwwwwww and does nothing for the fast kill teams. If I have rag/BW, I'd rather have IM40 than Spidey. Because IM40 can smooth out maps where there are no red with his yellow, while spidey stuns while you sit there hoping red drops.

Dont' get me wrong, having a high level spidey is still good as a health pack since it literally takes 40 seconds to go into prologue, match some yellow, shoot some webs, and heal your team, but as an actual member of a team I am bleh on him. And the defense thing is HIGHLY overrated. The AI will not be matching 3+ purples or blue to actually take advantage of higher skill levels.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    D3 has said that Spidey is on the list for balancing...

Here's a thought on a not-too-painful nerf of Spidey's stun:

Blue: Increase the costs by 1 AP at all levels, and decrease number of turns stunned to one per two web tiles, rounded down.

Yellow: If needed, they could also look at decreasing the amount of HP he can heal by 20% or so.

Purple: No major change, the maximum of three defense tiles and creation only on player matches, not opponent, already limit this fairly well, especially if web tiles come out a bit slower.

I think these changes would keep the flavor of the character while making him more balanced. (And I love my level 82 3/5/5 Spider-Man).
  • I think they're going to nerf each skill all around. It seems like they want us to take more damage.