*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

1235779

Comments

  • So 3/5/5 or 4/5/4 are the consensus yeah? I just won my 3rd yellow cover in the Bad is Good event so I figure I'll use it but hold off on further yellow for now.
  • FoxInSoxFoxInSox Age Unconfirmed Posts: 75 Match Maker
    jozier wrote:
    So 3/5/5 or 4/5/4 are the consensus yeah? I just won my 3rd yellow cover in the Bad is Good event so I figure I'll use it but hold off on further yellow for now.

    For the most part, yes. You already need > 3 yellow matches for a heal anyways and his purple protect tiles are crazy powerful when maxed. That said, so long as blue is at 5 you really can't screw him up.
  • Is it just my faulty memory or did they stealth nerf his purple? Upgraded to 5 purple yesterday and after checking the numbers, it seems lower than what I recall it used to be when I had him at lvl 4 pre-patch.
  • Is it just my faulty memory or did they stealth nerf his purple? Upgraded to 5 purple yesterday and after checking the numbers, it seems lower than what I recall it used to be when I had him at lvl 4 pre-patch.

    I think they might have. I upgraded to 3 (+25% strength) yesterday and when I checked they were weaker than when I was at 2.
  • Mommson wrote:
    The scaling of the protct tiles seems crazy: lvl 50 spidey (3 points in purple)

    1 web tile: 46 protect
    2 web tiles: 69 protect

    At level 60 just now with purple rank 4:
    0 web tiles: 28
    1 web tile: 46
    2 web tiles: 64
    3 web tiles: 83
    4 web tiles: 110
  • I do think the purple got stealth nerfed. My L 125 spidey with 5 purp and 5 webs on the board generated a 300 protect tile. I've seen over 400 on a L141 pre-patch.
  • Meh, can someone with a lvl141 check in?

    Nerf was somewhat deserved, but then it still makes me wonder what they're thinking with Rags.

    And with the new numbers, 4/5/4 might seem like a good enough build.
  • Nerf is justified and doesn't hurt him too bad. I still rather run 5 purple because going from 11 yellow to 10 yellow needed for web only helps you in the rarest of circumstances.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Nerf is justified and doesn't hurt him too bad. I still rather run 5 purple because going from 11 yellow to 10 yellow needed for web only helps you in the rarest of circumstances.

    11 to 9 is more helpful than it sounds. Especially if you're stuck with Model 40 due to an event.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Nerf is justified and doesn't hurt him too bad. I still rather run 5 purple because going from 11 yellow to 10 yellow needed for web only helps you in the rarest of circumstances.
    It helps with Thor+Spidey or IM40+Spidey combos. It's not really an issue of life or death, rather of speed.
  • someguy wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Nerf is justified and doesn't hurt him too bad. I still rather run 5 purple because going from 11 yellow to 10 yellow needed for web only helps you in the rarest of circumstances.

    11 to 9 is more helpful than it sounds. Especially if you're stuck with Model 40 due to an event.

    Who actually heals every match though? I heal like every 5 matches and its when the 3rd char is left, you have all the time in the world to match yellows.
  • When did they nerf Spiderman's yellow ability? It used to heal with 0 web tiles, but now it does nothing unless you have a web tile.
  • Seemed to be around the same time as the purple was changed - it does make more sense now though.
  • mags1587mags1587 Posts: 1,019 Chairperson of the Boards
    His yellow still heals with no web tiles. I just tested it twice. Both times it healed the minimum amount.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    His yellow still heals with no web tiles. I just tested it twice. Both times it healed the minimum amount.

    I'll confirm this. I also discovered that yellow won't fire if everyone is already full health.
  • mags1587mags1587 Posts: 1,019 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't fully appreciate how crazy his purple passive power was until this three-star tournament. These tiles can drop match-3 damage down to nothing more often than not and that drags out fights like crazy.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    I didn't fully appreciate how crazy his purple passive power was until this three-star tournament. These tiles can drop match-3 damage down to nothing more often than not and that drags out fights like crazy.

    Yea I here you I accidently made him a five early on and am thanking my lucky stars that I did
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zathrus wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    His yellow still heals with no web tiles. I just tested it twice. Both times it healed the minimum amount.

    I'll confirm this. I also discovered that yellow won't fire if everyone is already full health.

    Actually, it can trigger with full health on all heroes -- if there are web tiles on screen. It will still trigger to clear those webs. This is usually a waste of AP, but maybe you really want to wipe them out to weaken either Web Bandages or Devour that the AI is likely to use.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Actually, it can trigger with full health on all heroes -- if there are web tiles on screen. It will still trigger to clear those webs. This is usually a waste of AP, but maybe you really want to wipe them out to weaken either Web Bandages or Devour that the AI is likely to use.

    Ah! Good catch. I thought I triggered it recently and did no healing, but didn't catch that.
  • I have a *** spiderman and he's lvl 25, I recently got a 4th purple skill and my other 2 are zero, should I use the cover or sell it, what is ideal build and should I evel him up more.
Sign In or Register to comment.