*** Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) ***

Comments

• Lerysh wrote:
    Now comics are either "Serious Business" or "Xtreme and Edgy". Maybe he meant silly or lighthearted instead of fun.

That would be correct, "fun" as in the feeling of the content, not how an individual feels about the hobby.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I loved comics, and they were incredebly fun; I just bought an onmibus of Claremont/Byrne's XMen and I still find it amazing.

Then came the 90's and Image-ish artists with impossible body builds (spiderman passing his feet behind his head while shooting spider-infested webs, female characters with inch-wide waists and melon ****, I had a Liefeld Captain America with THREE clavicles in each shoulder) and BIG guns. Lerysh defined it perfectly: "Xtreme and edgy".

I gave it some tries later, but I think Marvel and DC started lingering at the end of the 80'sh (comic-wise! movies boom started almost during that years)
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    h391F8782
  • Just a note - I have t head out - if we get Doc Ock at noon I'll update probably some time this evening (unless a red name wants to do it for me).
  • Anyone know what Doc Oc's color matches are going to be?
  • Looks like Heroic Dark Avengers. No Doc Oct in progression rewards. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    xequalsy wrote:
    Looks like Heroic Dark Avengers. No Doc Oct in progression rewards. icon_e_sad.gif
    Well no. He's new, so of course he won't be available for play until the event ends.
  • We need to get characters with a green or red passive
  • xequalsy wrote:
    Looks like Heroic Dark Avengers. No Doc Oct in progression rewards. icon_e_sad.gif
    Of course, he will be in progression rewards in the next pve where he will be featured.

At first glance, Doc's abilities look focused on countering enemy special tiles.
  • Doc Oc's event should definatley be called"Trust me, I'm a Doctor."
  • can anyone confirm if there are subs in this event?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Max stats please, IceIX? Seems like a pretty obvious counter to the Sentry meta, but green and blue costing 10+ AP makes me question his usefulness. Whether or not he sees play is probably gonna hinge on how good his black ends up being. Probably a PvE allstar if black works v countdown tile.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Best news of the day--his match power lines up with his cover order; blue, black, green. This is significant because black is a passive and generally the game lists passive abilities after active ones--I think the only exception to this is Daken and his active came after his passives and his color order is messed up anyway so he doesn't really count. This seems to indicate that they might fix the cover order for all the characters that are currently not listed in descending order of power.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    See you guys at the PvP. I dont have time for this PvE Heroic ****.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    flnn1 wrote:
    xequalsy wrote:
    Of course, he will be in progression rewards in the next pve where he will be featured.

At first glance, Doc's abilities look focused on countering enemy special tiles.

If he swaps like Loki (16+ pairs) and destroys countdowns for big damage, D3 may have given a Sentry-Daken counter.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    silverrex wrote:
    can anyone confirm if there are subs in this event?

All nodes from the Prologue chapter are present and accounted for on this map (at least in terms of the empty spaces and lines where nodes will go, god knows I'm not jumping into a bracket yet), so on the one hand it looks like not, but on the other hand...it's a week-long event. The hell?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem is that his abilities cost 10+ AP, and blue doesn't really guarantee you destruction of Sentry tiles. I think he's more of a Daken counter, since you get instant value off of his black if you can match away Daken tiles. Depends on how his abilities scale up with covers, but he doesn't look promising unless blue somehow has its AP cost reduced to 9 at level 5.
  • Green skill that does aoe, random stun AND ap steal at one cover? Awesome.
  • silverrex wrote:
    can anyone confirm if there are subs in this event?

All nodes from the Prologue chapter are present and accounted for on this map (at least in terms of the empty spaces and lines where nodes will go, god knows I'm not jumping into a bracket yet), so on the one hand it looks like not, but on the other hand...it's a week-long event. The hell?

Once you clear the first 4 nodes (all once only), you open up a new sub called diversion (48 hours). I assume there are 3 subs?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem is that his abilities cost 10+ AP, and blue doesn't really guarantee you destruction of Sentry tiles. I think he's more of a Daken counter, since you get instant value off of his black if you can match away Daken tiles. Depends on how his abilities scale up with covers, but he doesn't look promising unless blue somehow has its AP cost reduced to 9 at level 5.

Doesn't help immediately obviously, but it might be ok for now if the cost on World Rupture is eventually increased. In the interim, if it hits countdowns, he probably becomes a PvE rockstar.