Character rankings 9/14 edition: voting ended

mischiefmaker
mischiefmaker Posts: 932
edited October 2014 in MPQ Character Discussion
It's about time!

It's been a busy time here at Character Ranking Central, and we've been a bit behind on getting this survey up. But it's finally here, and not a moment too soon -- there's been seven new characters since last time (Mohawk Storm, She-Hulk, 2* Torch, the actual release of Nick Fury, Captain Marvel, Deadpool, and Beast), three major changes to the meta (true healing, level shift, team ups), and a whopping seven characters with major ability changes (Storm, Black Panther, Daredevil, Magneto, Daken, X-Force, and Mawkeye).

We thought we had an overwhelming response in round 2 of the rankings but you guys demolished the previous record in round three and actually exceeded SurveyMonkey's free version capacity, so this time around we're going to try out kwiksurveys, which has unlimited responses, and has a cool drag-and-drop interface which ought to be easier to use than anything we've done in the past. The survey is still simple, though -- just rank all the characters from best to worst, using whatever criteria you like, where the characters at the top are the best and the ones at the bottom are the worst. We'll keep voting open for one week, until the Friday night PvP ends, so if you want your vote to be counted, go and vote now!

Here is the survey link. Enjoy!

Comments

• Thanks! I still voted oBW higher than GSBW but didn't dare vote her higher than the tanky Carol. This is also the first time I vote the Hood higher than cMagneto. Just one spot though.
  • I just voted for the 3* and 4* and a few 2*. I did not bother to rank the other ones, as I very seldom use them, so can't judge.

Next Poll, I suggest you split the 1/2 and 3/4 in 2 polls. There are too many now.
  • I had a hard time ranking the star.pngstar.png characters as I find many of them to be of equal value. I almost wish there was only like 20 ranks and you filled in who you thought belonged where. Rank 1) Sentry, X-Force; Rank 2) Patch, Thor Etc.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Next Poll, I suggest you split the 1/2 and 3/4 in 2 polls. There are too many now.
    I second this. Would want to rate 1-2*, but can't give estimate on 3* since only experience I have is mostly fighting against them. So I don't rate at all to don't skew results.
  • Thanks mischiefmaker. Just submitted my vote.

Keep up the great work!
  • Voted. There was pretty stiff competition for least useful 3*; I think I had Lazy Storm as worst, followed by IM40, Beast, Spider-Man, and Loki.

Thanks again, MM!
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Voted. There was pretty stiff competition for least useful 3*; I think I had Lazy Storm as worst, followed by IM40, Beast, Spider-Man, and Loki.

Thanks again, MM!
    Pst. It's still Daredevil xD *showing herself out*
  • locked wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Voted. There was pretty stiff competition for least useful 3*; I think I had Lazy Storm as worst, followed by IM40, Beast, Spider-Man, and Loki.

Thanks again, MM!

I have great sympathy for you, since you're so wrong all of the time.
  • Voted, if you need any help on the character write-ups, just let me know.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Voted too. Beast got the vote for the least useful, I think right at the bottom... The top 10 was kinda difficult for me because now that I'm using xforce, lcap has become more useful. Since I can't use patch with xforce, so his rank dropped for me. Ldaken has also dropped in rank bec of his slight nerf.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Thanks again, MM!

I have great sympathy for you, since you're so wrong all of the time.
    That stings, Ben icon_e_biggrin.gif Am I wrong about everything, about characters, or just about Daredevil?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Missed my opportunity last time so I'll be damned if I'm missing out again!

In a vacuum, Fatthor is still number one - he's beefy, hits like a truck and as a bonus he's idiot-AI proof. You can't say the same for many other characters.
  • Loved the 6/14 ranking edition, glad I could vote this time around. It will be interesting to see where some of the recently changed characters such as Wolverine X-Force, both Daken's, and Classic Magneto land versus where they were ranked last time.
  • Voted, can't wait to see the results! Mostly I'm curious about the top 10, things must have changed quite radically since 3 months ago: people have begun to understand the power of Sentry, cMags have been nerfed, BP has been buffed thanks to TU, X-Force has become a true (X)force of nature...

How long is the survey going to stay open?
  • Predictions (Captain Obvious presents):
    Top 10: X-Force, Sentry, Hood, lazyThor, Black Panther, cMagneto, Patch, lazyDaken, Nick Fury, Hulk
    Highest climb: X-Force
    Lowest drop: modern Storm
    Lowest new: Beast followed by Mohawk Storm
    Highest new: Nick Fury followed by Captain Marvel
    Too good for their stars: oBW, Ares
    Too bad for their stars: IW, Daredevil
    Best 2*: oBW
    Best 1*: mBW (team-up power!)
    Most controversial: She-Hulk/Spider-Man?
    Most agreed on: Yelena
  • locked wrote:
    That stings, Ben icon_e_biggrin.gif Am I wrong about everything, about characters, or just about Daredevil?

Just Daredevil, but you're REALLY wrong about Daredevil. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Ben Grimm wrote:

Thanks again, MM!
    I was battling with the decision between mohawk storm and daredevil.
    Ultimately, I went with mohawk storm. Daredevil and Beast were in 2nd and 3rd place, respectively.
  • HairyDave wrote:
    Missed my opportunity last time so I'll be damned if I'm missing out again!

In a vacuum, Fatthor is still number one - he's beefy, hits like a truck and as a bonus he's idiot-AI proof. You can't say the same for many other characters.

But you dont play this game in a vacuum, Thor was not number 1, still not number one and will never be number one. His damage is not that good anymore considering many tanky character we are getting. Even X-force do much better job.

Sentry is Rank 1.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    Predictions (Captain Obvious presents):
    Top 10: X-Force, Sentry, Hood, lazyThor, Black Panther, cMagneto, Patch, lazyDaken, Nick Fury, Hulk
    Highest climb: X-Force
    Lowest drop: modern Storm
    Lowest new: Beast followed by Mohawk Storm
    Highest new: Nick Fury followed by Captain Marvel
    Too good for their stars: oBW, Ares
    Too bad for their stars: IW, Daredevil
    Best 2*: oBW
    Best 1*: mBW (team-up power!)
    Most controversial: She-Hulk/Spider-Man?
    Most agreed on: Yelena

Travesty!! icon_e_smile.gif

How could you not have Lcap as top 10? He's my mvp for pve and in the gauntlet, he's the one character I turn to the most. And in pvp, he is the best character against hulk... especially when hulk is buffed! (Ok technically when hulk is buffed, his anger takes more to trigger but still... )
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Voted. Thanks for doing this, can't wait to see the results. Also had a suggestion for next time -- put each character's star level before their name. For all characters, not just ones with multiple versions. I think it'll make it easier to do the initial sort and keep track of everyone.