*** Black Widow (Grey Suit) ***

Comments

• Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I'm still pretty upset with the change. Nothing anywhere says that the tile strength and power colors have to match. I rather liked having other characters tank for purple and green. Now she dies three times as often. She went well with Thor for full color coverage, and they both want to kill-shot with green.

This game is turning into rock-paper-scissors, and I don't like it.
  • I actually like the change. I just wish the same change had also been applied to CMags or other characters where the skills don't match the tile damage.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I actually like the change. I just wish the same change had also been applied to CMags or other characters where the skills don't match the tile damage.

That would be a serious nerf to CMags, and we all know that they aren't willing to let that happen.
  • Cragger wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I actually like the change. I just wish the same change had also been applied to CMags or other characters where the skills don't match the tile damage.

That would be a serious nerf to CMags, and we all know that they aren't willing to let that happen.

They are planning on nerfing his powers soon anyway... but I really don't think that would be a nerf. Plenty of teams that run Cmags don't run someone who's strong in purple, so it would just mean more match damage.
  • Posted this in her character thread, but figured I'd let everyone else know. Don't ask how, but it came to my attention that GSBW popped up in Weird Al's White and Nerdy music video.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still cannot get used to her new color strengths.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Incidentally now only 3 characters in all entirety of MPQ cover purple/blue/black colours on match damage: oBW, Doom and Yelena Belova. I guess Daken covers purple/black and sorta covers blue like cMagneto sorta covers purple, but it's just oBW, a 2 ability villain and the **** character of them all now.
    Whereas we have what, 7 RGY characters? Ares, Sentry, 3x Wolverine, 2x Thor, of which only one is not widely played.
  • And there goes the rest of my day...
  • It's at 1:42 for those who want to see it.
  • Now that she has such a high Green attack (70!!), who is everyone using to stay out in front? I've been using Hulk but I'd love suggestions for another.

And while we're on the topic, who would you use to stay in front with Purple? Is there anyone higher than 79?

Thanks for any help.

Edit: I see that Deadpool has 79 purple. Any others?
  • Now that she has such a high Green attack (70!!), who is everyone using to stay out in front? I've been using Hulk but I'd love suggestions for another.

And while we're on the topic, who would you use to stay in front with Purple? Is there anyone higher than 79?

Thanks for any help.

The only other character besides Deadpool who can tank purple for her at an equal level is Daredevil. (I am merely stating this as a fact; please do not take this as advice to start using Daredevil.)
    If you really want someone to tank purple then Deadpool is pretty much your only option.
    As for green, you can use Hulk, Daken or Patch to tank (provided you have enough blue covers for Daken or yellow for Patch)
  • flnn1 wrote:
    If you really want someone to tank purple then Deadpool is pretty much your only option.
    As for green, you can use Hulk, Daken or Patch to tank (provided you have enough blue covers for Daken or yellow for Patch)

Thanks for your suggestions! I'm going to try to max Deadpool.

Not sure about Patch and Daken, I thought their max green was under 70.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Green for a match Patch and Daken matches Hulk's green at max -- 79. GSBW's green is 70. I think Mohawk Storm's green is higher at max (not that you'd have her tank for GSBW). I think Punisher and someone else matches GSBW's 70, so depending on position, they could tank green for her, too.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    flnn1 wrote:
    Now that she has such a high Green attack (70!!), who is everyone using to stay out in front? I've been using Hulk but I'd love suggestions for another.

Thanks for any help.

The only other character besides Deadpool who can tank purple for her at an equal level is Daredevil. (I am merely stating this as a fact; please do not take this as advice to start using Daredevil.)

If you play PvP, then any buffed purple user aside from C.Mags since he's screwy will always tank Purple over Deadpool so in those situations when BWGS, Falcon, Spidey, Fury, Daredevil, are the PvP feature Deadpool won't be tanking purple.
  • Some tweaks I'd love seeing done to her:

Sniper Rifle - Black 15 AP
    Black Widow uses an accurate, long range rifle to shoot a location on the board, clearing a reticle shaped pattern. She deals damage for each tile destroyed and an additional 355 damage to the current target.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: +25% base damage. Costs 16 AP.
    Level 3: Destroys more tiles. Costs 17 AP.
    Level 4: +25% base damage. Costs 18 AP.
    Level 5: Damages all enemies. Costs 19 AP.
    Max Level: 3336 + tile damage

Avoid - Blue Passive
    (PASSIVE) If there are more than 8 Blue tiles on the board, Black Widow leaps out of the way of attacks, moving to the back of the team.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Requires 7 Blue tiles.
    Level 3: Requires 6 Blue tiles.
    Level 4: Requires 5 Blue tiles.
    Level 5: Requires 4 Blue tiles.

Deceptive Tactics - Purple 11 AP
    Black Widow eliminates potential enemy assets while preparing her own attack. Converts 2 basic color tiles (except for Black) into Black tiles.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: +1 target tile.
    Level 3: +1 target tile..
    Level 4: +1 target tile.
    Level 5: +1 target tile.

She'd be so much more viable on offense as well as on defense... with C.Hawkeyes old passive she'd finally have all the time she needs to amass those massive AP she requires for her sniper shot. Switching Sniper Rifle to black would make her fit into a lot more teams. Her Battery skill turning to black would also benefit the AI greatly since black usually isn't a color people prioritize... at least not nearly as much as green... and the AI messing up the placement of the black tiles wouldn't matter that much either except I guess if you're facing Psylocke or Black Panther.

Besides... lets face it... Black widow without a black skill..? Sorry guys but thats bogus!
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leave her as is, but don't have the costs go up, keep green at 15 and red at 12. Lower the damage on green abit to compensate, but raise the damage on red
  • LnD-Rash wrote:
    Some tweaks I'd love seeing done to her:

Sniper Rifle - Black 15 AP
    Black Widow uses an accurate, long range rifle to shoot a location on the board, clearing a reticle shaped pattern. She deals damage for each tile destroyed and an additional 355 damage to the current target.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: +25% base damage. Costs 16 AP.
    Level 3: Destroys more tiles. Costs 17 AP.
    Level 4: +25% base damage. Costs 18 AP.
    Level 5: Damages all enemies. Costs 19 AP.
    Max Level: 3336 + tile damage

Avoid - Blue Passive
    (PASSIVE) If there are more than 8 Blue tiles on the board, Black Widow leaps out of the way of attacks, moving to the back of the team.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Requires 7 Blue tiles.
    Level 3: Requires 6 Blue tiles.
    Level 4: Requires 5 Blue tiles.
    Level 5: Requires 4 Blue tiles.

Deceptive Tactics - Purple 11 AP
    Black Widow eliminates potential enemy assets while preparing her own attack. Converts 2 basic color tiles (except for Black) into Black tiles.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: +1 target tile.
    Level 3: +1 target tile..
    Level 4: +1 target tile.
    Level 5: +1 target tile.

She'd be so much more viable on offense as well as on defense... with C.Hawkeyes old passive she'd finally have all the time she needs to amass those massive AP she requires for her sniper shot. Switching Sniper Rifle to black would make her fit into a lot more teams. Her Battery skill turning to black would also benefit the AI greatly since black usually isn't a color people prioritize... at least not nearly as much as green... and the AI messing up the placement of the black tiles wouldn't matter that much either except I guess if you're facing Psylocke or Black Panther.

Besides... lets face it... Black widow without a black skill..? Sorry guys but thats bogus!
    Defensively she would be much scarier. You would basically have to kill the other two guys first, and by then there's a good chance she'll have most of the ap she needs, especially since so few 3* have black or purple active abilities. She might not win on defense, but she could cause enough damage that would make an opponent think to skip because its not worth the health packs.
  • I just tried blowing up a couple of Hulk's anger countdowns, and all I did was generate one new one.

Does Sniper Rifle ignore all special tiles?
  • Maybe you triggered his Anger again bro.