124»

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    At least I could get him finished off (at 4/5/4) if I top five it so I suppose I should make an effort...

Pity my LazyThor is so garbage icon_e_sad.gif
    Most will focus on Deadpool PVE so if you get in early and shield up you may have a shot.

It's looking like this bore fruit.
    Yeah.

Kind of glad I got annoyed enough to throw up a 24 hour shield now.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I suspect those who can will play in the final hour of the PVP making this one even crazier than usual.

Tee hee icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Yeah, that plan worked out great, lol.
    Glad I went to 1060 last night.

Wonder if I made 3rd, didn't even check before servers went down, too busy checking the Deadpool leaderboard lol.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonder what D3 is going to do with this event? There was what, an hour left?

I was a solid #4 in my bracket with they guy in 6th like 100+points behind. Not crazy to be kicked out of top 5 in last hour, but I felt confident I wouldn't have to break shield to stay top 5.

-It would be unfair to just open the event randomly sometime tomorrow for the one missing hour. I would have to look for an announcement. Otherwise, I wouldn't know to keep an eye on the event to see if someone made a push and if my top 5 would be in jeopardy.

-However, I can see how players would plan to play PvE knowing they had one more hour to push in the PvP after the PvE finished. So it's not fair to those players they lose an hour to play they thought they had.

This looks like a lose-lose situation. icon_evil.gif
  • Wonder what D3 is going to do with this event? There was what, an hour left?

I was a solid #4 in my bracket with they guy in 6th like 100+points behind. Not crazy to be kicked out of top 5 in last hour, but I felt confident I wouldn't have to break shield to stay top 5.

-It would be unfair to just open the event randomly sometime tomorrow for the one missing hour. I would have to look for an announcement. Otherwise, I wouldn't know to keep an eye on the event to see if someone made a push and if my top 5 would be in jeopardy.

-However, I can see how players would plan to play PvE knowing they had one more hour to push in the PvP after the PvE finished. So it's not fair to those players they lose an hour to play they thought they had.

This looks like a lose-lose situation. icon_evil.gif

And even if they announced when the final 1 hour run would restart say at that time tomorrow, people would not have the same number of Heath packs half dead hero's as they did after the mad PvE finish. I know my squad could have filled a whole hospital ward, used Patch green really early in the last few battles to get them finished quickly, and I was down to a couple of health packs.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Wonder what D3 is going to do with this event? There was what, an hour left?
    The fairest to all concerned would be to just call the outage the new end time - I don't think anyone's got an unfair advantage this time. Whatever position you were in at the time is where you finish (and I say this as someone who was outside the top 50 last I checked).
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Well, I was going to try and push for top 5 in the last hour or so, but we all know how that worked out. icon_rolleyes.gif Finished 9th instead.

So now my Hood as at 3/0/4. I'm going to get my butt kicked in Unholy Outlaw, aren't I?
  • Well, I'm glad I made a push 3 hours before the end and then shielded. Finished top 3 and managed to complete the covers for my Hood, though ISO is going to be an issue (and when isn't it?). It did detriment my PvE but looks like I managed to get one red Deadpool cover, so I'm covered for any Required nodes. Lady Fortune, it seems, was kind to me. Remind me to leave out a saucer of milk.

Edit: Colourblind
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    (Obviously) Didn't get a chance to run the last hour so didn't get a chance to get the top 50 yellow Hood cover, so with just the black cover my Hood stood at 4/2/3. Then I pulled the 5th yellow hood from the heroic token given for pve-alliance.

Maybe D3 doesn't always understand the plight of the 3* transition player, but the RNG clearly does.
  • Managed to end up 14th with whatever points I had accrued through minimal play (740, which had a win on defense in there, but don't think I was attacked otherwise). So made a 150 HP profit, and still got the black cover I needed.

And lucky me, the 1100 reward in Hood is yellow, so I can play the whole thing at 355 Hood, and still go back to 553 after if I don't like it. Assuming I can climb to 1100.
  • Well, finished #113.... Would've been nice to have another black hood cover, but ah well.