Lord of Thunder Aug 1-3/4

Options

Comments

• DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I suspect those who can will play in the final hour of the PVP making this one even crazier than usual.
    I guess you're right, but it doesn't really matter for me as in the final hours I will probably be behind an 8h shield and I won't be competing icon_razz.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    The cascades have been turned up to 11!

I haven't had to struggle so hard to get to 600 all season. I think I've wiped on every third match so far - even (ab)using Patchneto doesn't help. And so many team-up Supernovas icon_evil.gif

I'm tempted to just say tinykitty it and throw up a 24-hour shield despite only having about 550 points. I can't push any higher with Patch, CMags, Daken, Psyduck, Punisher, Fatthor and Panther all dead.

Edit: screw it, I'm shielded. Feel free to hit me if you see me. I won't be busting out unless the alliance needs more points.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rotten luck! I had the exact opposite experience--I broke 1,000 points this morning by accident. I even managed a couple defensive wins. Currently shielded at 1,011. Will add another 100 points before the event ends.
  • i think a lot of folks are focused on pve. ive been climbing leisurely all day, but as i dont need the covers, my output will most likely fall short of my typical performance. although, im prob one of those who will make things messy during the ladt hour

marc
  • I'm shielded until the end at a little over 900. Feel free to hit me.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not quite shielded til the end since there's 9+ hours left, but shielded for the next 8 hours so if you see me, hit me. I hopped up to 1110 and just can't find a match worth more than 6 points. I guess either no one's playing or everyone's shielded. It's pretty funny cause I keep cycling through usual huge targets, beee, WYP, Icemandabeast, couple x-men. They're all sitting on like 600 points but I guess we have similar MMR so I'm just tinykittied until I can catch one of the high point x-men shield hopping or one of the aforementioned forum heavies decides to climb to 1100+ in the next few hours. I do have the benefit of having Shamsali in my bracket, so if I see him unshield maybe I can find him?
  • I apparently ended up in an at least relative death bracket; right now my top five is already over 1000. Glad I don't need any covers, but I had been hoping to farm some serious ISO this one and that's not looking likely right now.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Not quite shielded til the end since there's 9+ hours left, but shielded for the next 8 hours so if you see me, hit me. I hopped up to 1110 and just can't find a match worth more than 6 points. I guess either no one's playing or everyone's shielded. It's pretty funny cause I keep cycling through usual huge targets, beee, WYP, Icemandabeast, couple x-men. They're all sitting on like 600 points but I guess we have similar MMR so I'm just tinykittied until I can catch one of the high point x-men shield hopping or one of the aforementioned forum heavies decides to climb to 1100+ in the next few hours. I do have the benefit of having Shamsali in my bracket, so if I see him unshield maybe I can find him?
    Ah good, I gave you a few minutes when I saw you at 1045, hoped you'd make it to 1100 in that time.

Not so lucky myself, there are NO points out there. Went over 1000, came out to -40, so shielded at 960 for an hour or so.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And I'm done for this tourney.
    Hit me if you got me.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    And I'm done for this tourney.
    Hit me if you got me.
    same for me
    and by the way I'm in your bracket Bowgentle. Currently #11 with ... 650 pts icon_redface.gif
    Apart for the top3 the scores are not so high but after all the grinding in pve I'm way too lazy to go and reach my 800 mark reward
  • So I haven't been playing the game very much in the past... couple weeks. Trying to get back into it, and I see this has Hood covers. Hoping not joining until late will help me get a couple covers. What 2 Star Team should I go with for this? Don't have good enough covers for my Patch and CMags. Should I just go with Ares/OBW and CStorm/MNMags?
  • Sure wish I could connect to the game righr now and push for that top 5 spot.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    At I've still got 9 hours to go on my shield icon_lol.gif
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    Sure wish I could connect to the game righr now and push for that top 5 spot.

Sure wish I could connect to the game righr now and push for that top 100 spot.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:

Went down right at the end of Deadpool vs MPQ

I guess he really is determined to keep his stash.
  • Well I was going to push up another couple hundred points. Looks like I'm not. Yay servers.
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:

Sure wish I could connect to the game righr now and push for that top 100 spot, or you know, at least 300 points...
  • Amazeballs
    Options
    Over/unders if the servers come back before the end of this?
  • If I had any need for Hood covers I might be upset right now. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the plus side, this gives our characters time to True Heal, so we can get in the last hour of play for this. I need that Grey Hood.

Oh wait...