Lord of Thunder Aug 1-3/4

Options
mohio
mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
Lord of Laziness was just taking his time. No worries it's started now. Regular ending time of 10PM Sunday night (for me, PT), or 1AM Monday for the East Coasters (I guess that's like 6AM GMT or something?)

Hood Rewards again!

Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + X-Farce Red
2-5. 5000 ISO, 100 HP, Demon Possessed Parker Robbins, The Hood: Blue, Yellow, Black
6-10. 2000 ISO, 100 HP, Y/Bk
11-25. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, Y/Bk
26-50. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, Bk
51-100. 500 ISO, 25 HP, Bk
101-200. 500 ISO, Thor MN Green
201-300. 250 ISO, G
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 ISO
401-500. 70 ISO

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 ISO
100. +3 All Boosts
200. 250 ISO
300. Recruit Token - Lord of the Bags
400. 25 HP
500. MHawkeye - Red - just in time for his buff?
600. 25 HP
700. 1000 ISO
800. 50 HP
900. Recruit Token - More Baglords
1000. 1000 ISO
1100. LT - Green
1200. 1000 ISO
1300. Baglady - Green

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 ISO, 250 HP, Hood Blue
3-10. 5000 ISO, 100 HP, B
11-25. 3000 ISO, 100 HP, B
25-50. 2000 ISO, 100 HP, B
51-100. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, B
101-250. 1000 ISO, 50 HP
251-500. 500 ISO, 25 HP
501-1000. 500 ISO
1001-10000. 250 ISO

Comments

• So Blue was the highest prize in PvE, is non-existant for Deadpool progression and highest prize again in PvP. Seriously?
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    So Blue was the highest prize in PvE, is non-existant for Deadpool progression and highest prize again in PvP. Seriously?
    But it's also the alliance reward cover. There are a lot of people in a top 100 alliance who don't have a real shot at a high single-player placement. This is good news for them.

In related news, I'm glad I worked so hard in the last PVE for the extra blue Hood just to have it handed out like candy this event. Oh well ... easy come, easy go.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    So Blue was the highest prize in PvE, is non-existant for Deadpool progression and highest prize again in PvP. Seriously?

MPQ is out to get you personally papa. icon_twisted.gif It is always personal!!
  • wymtime wrote:
    papa07 wrote:

MPQ is out to get you personally papa. icon_twisted.gif It is always personal!!

Its not whether I'm paranoid, its whether I'm paranoid enough
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Woot, it's hood! My final blue cover which I *almost* to buy with hp. Mwhahahaha... good luck for me!
  • I think the last person they pushed as hard as they're pushing Hood right now was Lazy Cap when thy decided everyone needed a maxed one immediately, and before that Patch. Odd.
  • mohio
    Options
    It seems like that now, but we've had like one Hood set of rewards before recently in the past 4 months or so.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    At least I could get him finished off (at 4/5/4) if I top five it so I suppose I should make an effort...

Pity my LazyThor is so garbage icon_e_sad.gif
  • vudu3
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    At least I could get him finished off (at 4/5/4) if I top five it so I suppose I should make an effort...

Most will focus on Deadpool PVE so if you get in early and shield up you may have a shot.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This shall always be known as the LARD of Thunder tourney for me.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

Most will focus on Deadpool PVE so if you get in early and shield up you may have a shot.
    Is _anyone_ playing this right now except the X-Men?
    I keep thinking "oh yeah, PVP..." and then promptly forgetting about it again.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Nope. Haven't seen a spare healthpack since the DP PVE started. I may have to skip one clear of the villians nodes tomorrow to try to get at least top 100. Idk, not looking good tho. I keep asking myself if that in itself is worth it for 1 hood cover over possibly getting several for DP...
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Is _anyone_ playing this right now except the X-Men?
    I keep thinking "oh yeah, PVP..." and then promptly forgetting about it again.

I think there's a perfect storm of really, really good PVE and PVP prize that's being given out like candy. I'm up to a little below 500, and will probably aim for top 5 for the ISO (I just finished my Hood in the last PVE), but I'm not going to kill myself for it, especially as dead as this thing is.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, fighting super buffed Thors can be scary for people.
  • vudu3
    Options
    Nope. Haven't seen a spare healthpack since the DP PVE started. I may have to skip one clear of the villians nodes tomorrow to try to get at least top 100. Idk, not looking good tho. I keep asking myself if that in itself is worth it for 1 hood cover over possibly getting several for DP...
    What are these Villains nodes you refer to? Are you just assuming that the next sub-event will be Deadpool vs. Villains? Safe assumption, but just want to make sure I didn't overlook something obvious.
  • mohio
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    What are these Villains nodes you refer to? Are you just assuming that the next sub-event will be Deadpool vs. Villains? Safe assumption, but just want to make sure I didn't overlook something obvious.
    Yeah someone posted some screenshots somewhere that are from the MPQ facebook page (or D3 or Demiurge facebook, not sure) that show "Deadpool vs. Marvel Heroes" and "Deadpool vs. Marvel Villains" or whatever the exact names are, I forget. So, I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that's what's coming next.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:

By the ending dialog in the last node with Fury, and the screenshots I'd heard about that Mohio is talking about, I did jump to that conclusion.

I can't help but wonder if the day remaining is going to be all of another sub, or if they'll split a section of it off for a sub and then do an even shorter main. Guess we'll know in a few hours, amirite?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

Good point. I'll give that a go once my roster's recovered from Deadpool.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm just above 600 pts and I see teams of much higher level than usual. Probably because there is not much teams playing this tournament.
    Very well, if everybody is playing with Deadpool currently, I'd like to have an easy shot to top 5 here!

ha ha, who am I fooling? There is enough crazy ...erm... dedicated players on this forum to keep top 5 competitive even in a quite deserted tournament icon_twisted.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:
    I'm just above 600 pts and I see teams of much higher level than usual. Probably because there is not much teams playing this tournament.
    Very well, if everybody is playing with Deadpool currently, I'd like to have an easy shot to top 5 here!

ha ha, who am I fooling? There is enough crazy ...erm... dedicated players on this forum to keep top 5 competitive even in a quite deserted tournament icon_twisted.gif
    I suspect those who can will play in the final hour of the PVP making this one even crazier than usual.