Lord of Thunder Aug 1-3/4

Options

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Amazeballs wrote:
    Over/unders if the servers come back before the end of this?

My money's on the server coming back up with 5 minutes to go then promptly crashing again as everyone tries to gain some points.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Servers crashed when I was at 26 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I suspect those who can will play in the final hour of the PVP making this one even crazier than usual.

Tee hee icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Seeing as I used my lunchtime playtime on the Deadpool event and didn't really want to break my shield in this event to push for an extra hundred or two hundred Season point and my alliance is firmly ensconced in the top 100 for the blue cover I need, this works out really well for me as no-one will be pushing me down places. If they want to leave the servers down until the event is over that would be just peachy.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    Amazeballs wrote:
    Over/unders if the servers come back before the end of this?

My money's on the server coming back up with 5 minutes to go then promptly crashing again as everyone tries to gain some points.
    Mine too.

I'm tempted to do a Patchneto blitz but I think I might be safer just hiding behind my shield and accepting that I sucked hard on this one.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I suspect those who can will play in the final hour of the PVP making this one even crazier than usual.

Tee hee icon_e_biggrin.gif
    True. I didn't have planned a last push in PvP but as Deadpool made me wake up early...
    Although I didn't score very high in this tourney when I checked before server issue I was still #23 so I was tempted to secure a top 25.

Fortunately MPQ take care of us (and of our health) and has some mechanics to forbid doing two last-hour-push-craziness in a row! icon_lol.gif
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bye, Grey Hood. I actually really needed you, but it will have to be another time.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess no last 5 minutes shield dropping for this PvP
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Bye, Grey Hood. I actually really needed you, but it will have to be another time.

This.. but blue.

So annoyed righr now.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

This.. but blue.

So annoyed righr now.

I need blue even more but my ranking was not even close, so it wasn't even a possibility, sadly.
  • DrNitroman
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

This.. but blue.

So annoyed righr now.
    The blue was the only one I was interested in... but I gave up for top5 24h ago, so I'm less annoyed than most of you with this server issue. It's still a lost opportunity for a better hp/iso reward though
  • Alas, this shall be the first time I don't take a top 5 since the reward structure changed. Was busy all day today, and then had a 5+ hour drive home, so in prioritizing PVE with what play time I had, only got up to about 700, which last I looked was 11th. Plan was to play in the hour after Deadpool, and try and snipe a spot without a shield. Only need the black cover to complete the Hood respec to 355, so it's not really a big deal. I was looking forward to trying to get there.
  • j12601 wrote:
    Alas, this shall be the first time I don't take a top 5 since the reward structure changed. Was busy all day today, and then had a 5+ hour drive home, so in prioritizing PVE with what play time I had, only got up to about 700, which last I looked was 11th. Plan was to play in the hour after Deadpool, and try and snipe a spot without a shield. Only need the black cover to complete the Hood respec to 355, so it's not really a big deal. I was looking forward to trying to get there.

Out of curiosity, what were you planning to do with a 355 Hood? Sentry pairing?
  • vudu3 wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    At least I could get him finished off (at 4/5/4) if I top five it so I suppose I should make an effort...

Pity my LazyThor is so garbage icon_e_sad.gif
    Most will focus on Deadpool PVE so if you get in early and shield up you may have a shot.

It's looking like this bore fruit.
  • DrNitroman
    edited August 2014
    Options
    My connection came back... a few minutes after tournament's end!
    Is this a plot icon_question.gif

edit: connection lost again after a few more minutes, maybe there is no secret scheme...
  • yogi_
    Options
    Phew, that was a pretty crazy last hour. How did everybody do?
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:

I wasn't able to log in the last hour... so, can't tell you
  • yogi_ wrote:

Back away slowly, and put down that picnic basket.
  • DrNitroman
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

I wasn't able to log in the last hour... so, can't tell you
    Same for me.
    During the few secondes when my connection came back, I saw that the final leaderboard summary wasn't published yet
  • kalirion wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    Alas, this shall be the first time I don't take a top 5 since the reward structure changed. Was busy all day today, and then had a 5+ hour drive home, so in prioritizing PVE with what play time I had, only got up to about 700, which last I looked was 11th. Plan was to play in the hour after Deadpool, and try and snipe a spot without a shield. Only need the black cover to complete the Hood respec to 355, so it's not really a big deal. I was looking forward to trying to get there.

Out of curiosity, what were you planning to do with a 355 Hood? Sentry pairing?

Yep. And I just now realized I made a mistake.

I have a maxed 553 Hood. I had his yellow and black from PVE, but sold the yellow. I should get a yellow and black from PVP. I could have played a few days with the 355 build, and gone back to 553 if I didn't like it.

I just maxed him recently, but never use him much. He's nice in PVE and the yellow does a nice job of clearing out countdowns in pesky hard to reach places. But I rarely use it aside from that, so Sentry bombing seemed like it might be nice.