*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Comments

• Why would blue target allied tiles? Are they really trying to limit her synergy to non-special tile characters? Not to mention she's another red/green character.

Can't think of a decent teamate for her. Shame too because she sounds interesting enough. If her blue rids of CDs, she can find use in PVE I guess.

Blue can target CDs at level 5. If she ends up being a useful character in the meta, I could see good reasons to stop at 4 or 5 in blue (or 3, perhaps).
  • The blue targets your own tiles because strike tiles are already way overpowered and don't need anything that enhances their value.

With the stat posted the blue basically lets you go from being -3 in strike tile to +2 (the one the enemy get is basically of no use), so it's a swing of 5 special tiles.

The other two abilities look in line with what you should expect from a character in Thor's class HP, which means the character is of course not competitive against Thor or Sentry who does damage far beyond their class of HP should be.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Why would blue target allied tiles? Are they really trying to limit her synergy to non-special tile characters? Not to mention she's another red/green character.

Can't think of a decent teamate for her. Shame too because she sounds interesting enough. If her blue rids of CDs, she can find use in PVE I guess.
    Her blue goes well with other characters that place Strike tiles that may not be as powerful, or for shifting Protect tiles into something more damaging. Or for tiles like Hailstorm to become something a bit more powerful. True, she's probably not going to be helping one of Sentry's Strike tiles, but my testing with her so far has shown that the ability has been pretty useful more than situationally.
  • If the Red just eliminates the bottom two rows at level five, it seems like it gets considerably worse going from 4 -> 5. There's less board shake-up
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    Really great blue. Other powers not so hot.

If red (power of attorney) only affects the bottom two rows, 4 covers might be better than 5. Because, destroying all of the bottom 2 rows would shake up the board less. We'll see. (crosspost!)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    gamar wrote:
    If the Red just eliminates the bottom two rows at level five, it seems like it gets considerably worse going from 4 -> 5. There's less board shake-up
    It can eliminate from the bottom 4 rows, and does so in "spikes". So you could see one column have the bottom 3 of it taken out, another the bottom 1, another 4. Something like:

oooooooo
    oooooxoo
    oxoxoxoo
    xxoxoxox
    xxxxxxox

It results in quite a bit of board shake-up, since columns falling is the mathematically "best" way of causing cascades.
  • IceIX wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    If the Red just eliminates the bottom two rows at level five, it seems like it gets considerably worse going from 4 -> 5. There's less board shake-up
    It can eliminate from the bottom 4 rows, and does so in "spikes". So you could see one column have the bottom 3 of it taken out, another the bottom 1, another 4. Something like:
    oooooooo
    oooooxoo
    oxoxoxoo
    xxoxoxox
    xxxxxxox

Oh, noice. Seems like her red is a VERY useable ability then. Still not sold on her other two icon_e_wink.gif
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Her blue could be pretty useful against goons. Replacing 3 enemy CD's (if you don't use special tiles yourself) can be quite powerful. Plus, they can't really use that strike tile anyway
  • Yeah, I think 5/3/5 would be a pretty powerful build against goons. Both her red and blue are solid in that context. I'm not sure about PvP/enemy character PvE nodes; we'll probably have to wait and see how she fits into that meta.
  • At best she can beat The Punisher and that's only because the blue seems to be designed to counter Judgment in mind. Not going to touch any of the broken powerhouses but that's probably a good thing. She's likely still weaker than The Punisher by far but has a rather unusually favorable matchup against one of the top tier. You're probably still better off running The Punisher in PvP but she can be useful in PvE.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, given her blue attributes, its safe to say that it can also be used as a way to lower the strike tile damage or negate the defense tiles of the other team. Characters such as Daken, Spider-Man, Steve (Requires 5 Blue), Doom, and Sentry (soft-counter + 5 Blue) can be countered by collecting Blue. Being able to get rid of Caps Red countdown will be pretty valuable against teams that run him and allowing you the opportunity to slow down his speed once he gets started and also preventing his stun/defense. Spider-Man gets his defense turned against him and prevents stun. Sentry gets his Sacrifice **** and you can get rid of a few World Rupture tiles. Daken loses his strike tiles and the inability to deal any major damage with his blue if the AI manages to match by cascade.

Even though it's pre-release info, I feel her Red should do a bit more damage, about 2.5k at max Red or is the damage also influenced by the tiles she destroys as well? I'm not saying let her Red be like Black Panther's Black, but unless we've done some play-testing ourselves to see how well the cascading is, it just seems pretty lackluster. I am excited for this character and I hope to make a team centered around her abilities. Her current kit just seems completely unexpected for a Hulk though.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Even though it's pre-release info, I feel her Red should do a bit more damage, about 2.5k at max Red or is the damage also influenced by the tiles she destroys as well? I'm not saying let her Red be like Black Panther's Black, but unless we've done some play-testing ourselves to see how well the cascading is, it just seems pretty lackluster. I am excited for this character and I hope to make a team centered around her abilities. Her current kit just seems completely unexpected for a Hulk though.

I think the idea is that once she gets her strike tiles out (or somebody else's), the red is used to force a cascade-a-thon to take advantage of it, so it's balanced with that in mind. Strike tiles are fairly at risk of getting exploded, though.

So if she gets her three strikes out and gets maybe 3 extra matches with the cascades, that's an additional ~1750ish damage (including the strike tile damage for the actual ability)? That might be optimistic, though.
  • So, given her blue attributes, its safe to say that it can also be used as a way to lower the strike tile damage or negate the defense tiles of the other team. Characters such as Daken, Spider-Man, Steve (Requires 5 Blue), Doom, and Sentry (soft-counter + 5 Blue) can be countered by collecting Blue. Being able to get rid of Caps Red countdown will be pretty valuable against teams that run him and allowing you the opportunity to slow down his speed once he gets started and also preventing his stun/defense. Spider-Man gets his defense turned against him and prevents stun. Sentry gets his Sacrifice **** and you can get rid of a few World Rupture tiles. Daken loses his strike tiles and the inability to deal any major damage with his blue if the AI manages to match by cascade.

I just think 9AP is too expensive for what I want her blue to do, which is get me out of a jam when the opponent is loading the field with tiles

And I like her Red - seems superior to Thunderous Clap for 1 less AP - at 2.5k It would be like a supercharged HT Fireball, which is already one of the best reds in the game IMO
  • She is mid to low tier....aka, won't be on many teams besides maybe sentry (not true after heal change) and ppl who want an all female team because he doesn't need teammates.

As some comparison, her blue is like patch's red, except instead of doing massive damage, it gets go remove 2 enemy tiles. It has its uses, but its really only going to be effective vs insane singular tiles. We are starting together more tiles like that but you would be remiss if you bothered to grab the blue Ap Just as an emergency counter imo. It's just not going to be worth your effort, and I don't extra lvls will greatly effect how great it is.

Her green suffers from "not a top 4 green" syndrome. Cots, berserk, world op, and judgement are all moves that this move has to compete with. It's just like when we compared every red to rag's, maybe unfairly, except this is 3-4 powerhouse moves...not just one. At 5 it could possibly effect every single color @25% and do a little healing (soon to not really even heal)for all we know, which would make it a good Ap zapper, but still vastly inferior to Obw's purple...furthering the idea that either they plan to nerf her or they just don't care (every Ap based move since has been vastly weaker than hers and generally more expensive too). 25% of most colors is only going to be 25% of 3-8, which means you are only destroying (not even stealing) 1-2 Ap per a color other than the full drain (which may be random). The fact it heals is its only saving grace really edit: I posted this before reading the healing change...now this move has no saving grace. Overall,its not a bad move, but it is a weak move in the context of other greens, other heals (actuallyheal.chamge prob affects this move less than the others since the heal is just a mice side effect), and other Ap stealing/destroying/earning moves.

As for the red, it really depends on what changes and by how much with extra covers. It's basically hawkeye 1* arrow stab but it does team damage and you can't aim it. Extra lvls could be boring and just add damage, or they could add extra tiles destroyed, or maybe even something more specialized. My guess is they go boring as usual though...so it really depends on what that max damage looks like. Comparing to cots and panther rage, a 9 Ap multihit needs to do around 1.5-2k per. If compared with molotov, it probably only hard to do about 1-1.3k damage. I am going to peg it as likely being around 1.6k with 2 more.of the lvls.increasing damage and one of the levels adding more tile destruction.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Nemek wrote:

I think the idea is that once she gets her strike tiles out (or somebody else's), the red is used to force a cascade-a-thon to take advantage of it, so it's balanced with that in mind. Strike tiles are fairly at risk of getting exploded, though.

So if she gets her three strikes out and gets maybe 3 extra matches with the cascades, that's an additional ~1750ish damage (including the strike tile damage for the actual ability)? That might be optimistic, though.

Yeah, you'd really need for something to happen to the top 4-5 rows of the game grid as well as hope that the strike tiles that you generated were not on the bottom portion of the playing field.
  • As for the red, it really depends on what changes and by how much with extra covers. It's basically hawkeye 1* arrow stab but it does team damage and you can't aim it. Extra lvls could be boring and just add damage, or they could add extra tiles destroyed, or maybe even something more specialized. My guess is they go boring as usual though...so it really depends on what that max damage looks like. Comparing to cots and panther rage, a 9 Ap multihit needs to do around 1.5-2k per. If compared with molotov, it probably only hard to do about 1-1.3k damage. I am going to peg it as likely being around 1.6k with 2 more.of the lvls.increasing damage and one of the levels adding more tile destruction.

Max Level: Destroys 16 Tiles and deals 1401 Damage (plus tile damage I'm assuming)

And with the tiles in "spikes" like ICEIX described you're going to see major cascades / stale board resets
  • The edited front post states that Power of Attorney costs 12 Red AP, but the in-game cover currently states 9 Red AP as the power cost.

Which is correct?
  • I think the blue skill should be renamed to Overruled, since it can change the outcome of Punisher's Judgement.

Still looks interesting, though she's already gotten **** thanks to True Healing™, so I guess 5/3/5?
  • IceIX wrote:
    gamar wrote:

oooooooo
    oooooxoo
    oxoxoxoo
    xxoxoxox
    xxxxxxox

It results in quite a bit of board shake-up, since columns falling is the mathematically "best" way of causing cascades.

Ooh. More interesting than the wording suggests. May I suggest your writers incorporate that "spikes" mention into the ability description in-game, even without the pretty diagram?

Still can't see myself working hard to get her covers because RED GREEN ARGH but at least if I do get her covers that's a fun ability.
  • j12601 wrote:
    I think the blue skill should be renamed to Overruled, since it can change the outcome of Punisher's Judgement.
    ?

This would be brilliant.