*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

13468927

Comments

  • In my humble opinion with healing nerf she is just terrible. I cant find any place for her. For a time now i was hoping for someone with black/yellow/purple (or just two of those) and of course we get the opposite. So lets break it down:

    Blue
    Costs 9 and seems to be her best ability with only few usable other blues. And as stated before me: quite good in goons battle but you need a team with no special tiles. Who comes first to mind? Lazy Thor with 2/3 same colors. Just amazing...

    Green
    So i can pay 12 AP to decrease 2 colors and heal team for temporary 700. Its just plain terrible. But is the color random or it clears highest colour? It doesnt really matter when i know i can use call of the storm for 2 more and propably end the match.

    Red
    It really doesnt seem bad but 1400 for 9 redseems a bit underwhelming.
    I think 5/3/5 is the only way to go.

    BTW about recent characters we got LazyThor, LazyDaken, LazySorm, Sentry and all of them are using GREEN. Why cant we have some more decent yellow/purple/black abilities?
  • yemet wrote:
    In my humble opinion with healing nerf she is just terrible. I cant find any place for her. For a time now i was hoping for someone with black/yellow/purple (or just two of those) and of course we get the opposite. So lets break it down:

    Blue
    Costs 9 and seems to be her best ability with only few usable other blues. And as stated before me: quite good in goons battle but you need a team with no special tiles. Who comes first to mind? Lazy Thor with 2/3 same colors. Just amazing...

    Green
    So i can pay 12 AP to decrease 2 colors and heal team for temporary 700. Its just plain terrible. But is the color random or it clears highest colour? It doesnt really matter when i know i can use call of the storm for 2 more and propably end the match.

    Red
    It really doesnt seem bad but 1400 for 9 redseems a bit underwhelming.
    I think 5/3/5 is the only way to go.


    BTW about recent characters we got LazyThor, LazyDaken, LazySorm, Sentry and all of them are using GREEN. Why cant we have some more decent yellow/purple/black abilities?


    the red seems pretty badass to me, its 1400 to whole team and destroys 16 tiles for target and can cause a cascade destroying so many tiles
  • Narkon wrote:
    5/3/5 for me. The 2 things that make barely playable are her health and the pattern she uses to destroy tiles with her red. HT's red is superior since it deals double damage for 1 less match except the first, but he also has almost half her health so it's a decent compromise. Still, her tile shattering pattern is the most interesting here.

    But her red also does team damage

    I think her red is in contention for third-best red ability in the game, after 1* Mistress and Mags. Cap's red is third right now, but I've never liked how slow it is
  • yemet wrote:
    Blue
    Costs 9 and seems to be her best ability with only few usable other blues. And as stated before me: quite good in goons battle but you need a team with no special tiles. Who comes first to mind? Lazy Thor with 2/3 same colors. Just amazing...

    Actually, LThor/She-Hulk seems like a pretty good PvE combo - LThor's red is definitely inferior to She-Hulks red, so you've got four colours nicely covered.

    What's really sad is that the only black/purple pairing you could make that avoids friendly special tiles is Loki or OBW.

  • I don't consider Steve or Laken's blues as contenders.

    Why not? Steve's blue gives you targeted, virtually free special tile control with a stun attached to it, which is an amazing boon in PvE (and not so bad because of the protect in PvP), while Big D's blue is a 5 blue attack that can churn out a couple thousand damage at max level. If I were fighting Goons I'd want Steve (or Cap) over She-Hulk; if I were playing in a vs. tournament I'd want Big D.
  • She-Hulk's red is going to be close to the top red deterrent ability in the game after the true healing change. 1400 damage to team is basically enough to make you use up 3 health packs on a 5800 HP class character. No it's unlikely to actually going to win any game for you, but after you played a few game and walked out with everyone missing 2.5K health and realize that means you're down 3 health packs, you'd probably think twice before fighting a team like that again. The top offense team won't be deterred but it's not like you can ever discourage a team that can wipe you out in under 10 turns.
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Don't call Daken Big D... All he deserves is a MoDaken, lazyDaken, maybe UberDaken, but Big D? Hilarious!
  • locked wrote:
    Don't call Daken Big D... All he deserves is a MoDaken, lazyDaken, maybe UberDaken, but Big D? Hilarious!

    That's right! Only Doctor Doom is a big enough D that he can wear a big D on his belt right above his... big D

    Recruit_Doctor_Doom_Classic.png
  • gamar wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    5/3/5 for me. The 2 things that make barely playable are her health and the pattern she uses to destroy tiles with her red. HT's red is superior since it deals double damage for 1 less match except the first, but he also has almost half her health so it's a decent compromise. Still, her tile shattering pattern is the most interesting here.

    But her red also does team damage

    I think her red is in contention for third-best red ability in the game, after 1* Mistress and Mags. Cap's red is third right now, but I've never liked how slow it is
    Yeah, I keep forgetting it's team damage. Red is definitely her best ability.
  • TheHueyFreemanTheHueyFreeman Age Unconfirmed Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    I'm having a ton of issues figuring out who she would pair with... Falcon? Hood?
  • ColognoisseurColognoisseur Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I'm a little underwhelmed by her too.
    I will take her to 5/3/5 after I get the covers tonight and then try her out in a couple of configurations to see if she is better then I think she is.
    I have a feeling she is going to be in the section of my bench where DD and MoStorm resides.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think she'll be decent. As with the new health changes, the best healers will be ones that can go off quickly thus giving your team an early shield, but alas I don't see anyone with a quick heal other than OBW. If you boosted her and quickly matched blue you could in essence put up a 1000+ shield but that tinykitty your team.
  • Her green does sound tinykitty, but her red is good. Compare this to Thor whose red is tinykitty but green is good. I think they make a good pair despite colour overlap. Although I'd reserve her as a counter to enemies with special tiles, or for roster rotation due to true healing.
  • vudu3vudu3 Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I'm so glad people like you exist. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    I'm pretty sure she's going to suck but I'm going to dump a bunch of HP and ISO into her just to make sure.

    Enjoy the view, freeloaders.
  • scotteescottee Posts: 1,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red does decent board shaking, because it's not a straight line on the bottom row. It's jagged, causing the columns to fall unevenly.
  • Looking at Colognoissier's current build, I think that red is pretty lethal. 9ap to do around 3k in damage plus cascades. Pretty dummy proof for the AI to launch on defense.
  • MawtfulMawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2014
    I'm having a ton of issues figuring out who she would pair with... Falcon? Hood?

    I'm definitely considering She-Hulk + Falcon. Convert weak protect tiles into strike tiles and then let Falcon CD the enemy ones away. That's how I assume they'll synergise anyway.

    The pairing does leave you a little high and dry. Purple and Black are un-covered, plus you'll be storing up yellow and not spending it. There's no-one yet to fill that gap. I think the best contender is Black Panther - 2/3 aint bad, and you might just be able to combo Rage with Reprieve.

    Edit: This might be a question for IceIX, but will She-Hulk have increased regeneration (like Spider-Man, Hulk, etc.) as well? I'm working on the assumption that those got increase recovery speed to reflect the kind of regenerative nature of their power sets, but I'm not as familiar with She-Hulk to know whether she got that same sort of regeneration as Bruce.
  • AbraliciousAbralicious Age Unconfirmed Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I don't have the roster space for her (AND I WON'T SPEND MONEY ON HP :fuckyoutruehealing) so I'm thinking maybe sell Spiderman because he's pointless now? icon_eek.gif I dunno, I feel very conflicted.
  • Mawtful wrote:

    Edit: This might be a question for IceIX, but will She-Hulk have increased regeneration (like Spider-Man, Hulk, etc.) as well? I'm working on the assumption that those got increase recovery speed to reflect the kind of regenerative nature of their power sets, but I'm not as familiar with She-Hulk to know whether she got that same sort of regeneration as Bruce.

    From the true healing discussion thread...
    IceIX wrote:

    New Healing Rates
    - 2* characters regain 18 health/minute (1.5x faster)
    - 3* characters regain 24 health/minute (2x faster)
    - 4* characters regain 30 health/minute (2.5x faster)
    - Characters with significant regenerative powers: Wolverine, Daken, Spider-Man, Hulk, and She-Hulk regain health at double the rate.
  • ClintmanClintman Posts: 800 Critical Contributor
    gamar wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Don't call Daken Big D... All he deserves is a MoDaken, lazyDaken, maybe UberDaken, but Big D? Hilarious!

    That's right! Only Doctor Doom is a big enough D that he can wear a big D on his belt right above his... big D

    Recruit_Doctor_Doom_Classic.png
    A big D on his belt right about his big Dress?
Sign In or Register to comment.