Heavy Metal (Season 1) May 14-16

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    You don't want d3 to introduce Ms. Marvel. They'd have to nerf her, umm, powers.

Very true. We wouldn't want her best...abilities....to get nerfed by the nerf police!
  • daveomite
    Options
    For anyone interested in that issue http://marvel.com/comics/issue/13456/ir ... man_2006_8

Been almost 7 years now since that was released.

Back on topic: I love IM40, wish I had an excuse to use him more often.

agreed. Love his armor, just never got enough covers for him yet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've got him at 130 now solely based on his PVE effectiveness. In Heavy Metal that let him tank for Lazy Thor on red and yellow. That was fun.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    Here I was thinking I might have an easy bracket win, and here comes Twysta into the top 10. Wonder who else might be lurking down below...

Oh hai friend. Wave_Smiley_Emoticon.gif
    mohio wrote:
    @Twysta - at this point I'm assuming it's you or me who'll pull out our bracket (but you never know). Anyway, I'm done, so if you want it, I'm not playing anymore so no need to game me for it.

Thanks Mohio, think I'll leave you to it - unless alliance rankings become a lot closer. Think I'd rather just save my HP. icon_e_geek.gif

Did you end up taking it or someone else came and beat us both? Was out to dinner all night and with no recap I just have no idea. Either way, my 2/1/0 IW says, oh well, in no hurry to level up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I got a 1012 report overtime... was enough for T5 still. played in the last hour, could have shielded close to 1100 but got attacked, then bashed then pummelled -- lost over 200 pts in a 10m timeframe. Also ruined my 45pt stored match. So spent the last half hour to retaliate just for sport icon_e_smile.gif.

Too bad the post-event summary is a goner again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    Here I was thinking I might have an easy bracket win, and here comes Twysta into the top 10. Wonder who else might be lurking down below...

mohio wrote:
    @Twysta - at this point I'm assuming it's you or me who'll pull out our bracket (but you never know). Anyway, I'm done, so if you want it, I'm not playing anymore so no need to game me for it.

Thanks Mohio, think I'll leave you to it - unless alliance rankings become a lot closer. Think I'd rather just save my HP. icon_e_geek.gif

Did you end up taking it or someone else came and beat us both? Was out to dinner all night and with no recap I just have no idea. Either way, my 2/1/0 IW says, oh well, in no hurry to level up.

Think he took it by one point!
  • daveomite
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    I got a 1012 report overtime... was enough for T5 still. played in the last hour, could have shielded close to 1100 but got attacked, then bashed then pummelled -- lost over 200 pts in a 10m timeframe. Also ruined my 45pt stored match. So spent the last half hour to retaliate just for sport icon_e_smile.gif.

Too bad the post-event summary is a goner again.

yeah...wish that was up. Hell, which they were all up for recaps. Maybe it should be its own tab.

I ended on 1014 here, T10, think 6th to be exact...I think.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I played this event pretty casual like. Never shielded and managed to get ~800pts during the event. Then I left to sleep 8hrs before end time and managed to wake up 5mins before the actual end. I got hit enough to plummet me from top50. I even got hit by TheLadder with his 3x141 team (well, IM40 naturally was boosted). Didn't bother to retaliate with my **** roster. I barely managed to win two ~25pts retaliation fights in 5 minutes just to get #48. Which was nice, that was the last Rags red I needed to max his covers.

Being an EU time zone player sucks. Next time I'll definitely shield just to protect me and mine.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    mohio wrote:

mohio wrote:

Think he took it by one point!

Yeah I did. I didn't actually intend to win. I figured I'd give Mohio the cover. Didn't think that 2 matches was enough to gain 80 points on 1st! Guess I underestimated the points I'd gain from the increase in their score from when I first queue'd them.
    Sorry Mohio icon_e_sad.gificon_redface.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ariakos wrote:
    I played this event pretty casual like. Never shielded and managed to get ~800pts during the event. Then I left to sleep 8hrs before end time and managed to wake up 5mins before the actual end. I got hit enough to plummet me from top50. I even got hit by TheLadder with his 3x141 team (well, IM40 naturally was boosted). Didn't bother to retaliate with my **** roster. I barely managed to win two ~25pts retaliation fights in 5 minutes just to get #48. Which was nice, that was the last Rags red I needed to max his covers.

Being an EU time zone player sucks. Next time I'll definitely shield just to protect me and mine.

I'm a UK player. There's no excuse for going to sleep, when a tournament finishes at 5am.

ok, I'm kind of kidding...
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:

I'm a UK player. There's no excuse for going to sleep, when a tournament finishes at 5am.

Alternatively my alarm sees a lot of 4:30am action, especially in PVE
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta wrote:

Yeah I did. I didn't actually intend to win. I figured I'd give Mohio the cover. Didn't think that 2 matches was enough to gain 80 points on 1st! Guess I underestimated the points I'd gain from the increase in their score from when I first queue'd them.
    Sorry Mohio icon_e_sad.gificon_redface.gif
    No worries man, it's a competition at the core, but I appreciate you trying at least icon_e_smile.gif.