Heavy Metal (Season 1) May 14-16

Options

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here I was thinking I might have an easy bracket win, and here comes Twysta into the top 10. Wonder who else might be lurking down below...
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Here I was thinking I might have an easy bracket win, and here comes Twysta into the top 10. Wonder who else might be lurking down below...

Good luck...

I just noticed a minute ago that Bowgentle is in my season 1 bracket, hadn't seen that before. 300 points ahead...ugh. I mean, she's ahead of me by 300 in season 1
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    I was testing Ares instead of Thor, you know, taking advantage of my really deep 2* roster and it's being pretty great so far.

Getting into the 800s barely being attacked feels weird, actually. I had no expectations whatsoever, went to dinner, went back and my points were still there.

And on the rare occasion that the other team has no green coverage (MNMags) or squisy green coverage (CStorm), it just feels like Christmas.

Does Ares really make that big a difference? I'd try him out with the 5/3/5 one I have, but he's only level 58.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    sup123 wrote:
    I was testing Ares instead of Thor, you know, taking advantage of my really deep 2* roster and it's being pretty great so far.

Getting into the 800s barely being attacked feels weird, actually. I had no expectations whatsoever, went to dinner, went back and my points were still there.

And on the rare occasion that the other team has no green coverage (MNMags) or squisy green coverage (CStorm), it just feels like Christmas.

Does Ares really make that big a difference? I'd try him out with the 5/3/5 one I have, but he's only level 58.

Today is the first day I'm using him maxed (4/4/5) and there were a lot of servers issues, so my experience is extremely anecdotal but he's pretty good so far.

At least when I'm choosing who to fight against, I'll take Thor instead of Ares any day as he's pretty easy to starve using OBW.
    Of course if you get into 3* territory he's easy to deal with but then you're going to lose using any other 2* anyway.

And I think he's also more fun to use, like counting greens and using Agressive Recon to oneshot someone, timing Sunder with Anti-Gravity Device to mitigate the damage, that kind of stuff.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am so, so, so sick of getting hit for -80 while I desperately search for a battle worth more than 15 points
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

Ares is the only 2* I kill before OBW. One even moderate cascade makes him that dangerous.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh... to be in a bracket with klingsor and nazerith. What fun icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

Today is the first day I'm using him maxed (4/4/5) and there were a lot of servers issues, so my experience is extremely anecdotal but he's pretty good so far.

At least when I'm choosing who to fight against, I'll take Thor instead of Ares any day as he's pretty easy to starve using OBW.
    Of course if you get into 3* territory he's easy to deal with but then you're going to lose using any other 2* anyway.

And I think he's also more fun to use, like counting greens and using Agressive Recon to oneshot someone, timing Sunder with Anti-Gravity Device to mitigate the damage, that kind of stuff.

Alright. Once I get my Ares' level higher, I might have to try out that pair.

And yargh, I think I just hit the wall in this event. I'm around 750, getting me in the high 20s at the moment, and the only match-ups it's giving me, even after skipping, are against enemies with characters in the mid-100s. I might just have to shield up and hope I don't drop down too much more. waiting for now to try to refresh my Health Packs and health. Hopefully it won't go too badly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

Ares is the only 2* I kill before OBW. One even moderate cascade makes him that dangerous.

Yea if he gets a decent cascade of green and or yellow and he fires them off back to back which most of the time he does its extremley brutal......Hes wiped my 141 LT before i was in shock after that never looked at him the same since icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:

Lol....now that sure sounds like a fun bracket!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Blech. Just said to hell with it and Shielded. I got attacked and knocked down to 733 points, 39th place. I have to wait for my Health Packs to refresh before I can do anything, and I'd probably get knocked down even lower.

Which is better, waiting a while to join a bracket for a PVP event, or joining one after a while? Gotta be able to get the higher ranks so I can actually improve my roster, but don't have the high-leveled 3-Stars to be able to constantly get the higher ranks, I guess.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    sup123 wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

Alright. Once I get my Ares' level higher, I might have to try out that pair.

And yargh, I think I just hit the wall in this event. I'm around 750, getting me in the high 20s at the moment, and the only match-ups it's giving me, even after skipping, are against enemies with characters in the mid-100s. I might just have to shield up and hope I don't drop down too much more. waiting for now to try to refresh my Health Packs and health. Hopefully it won't go too badly.

Yeah, if you are in 2* territory, 800 points is around where you can go without being slapped around or shield hopping.
    With the new brackets, that might get you a Top 50 icon_neutral.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    Yeah, if you are in 2* territory, 800 points is around where you can go without being slapped around or shield hopping.
    With the new brackets, that might get you a Top 50 icon_neutral.gif

I was able to get to mid 700s before it was pretty much impossible to make more progress. I'll HOPEFULLY be able to stay in the Top 50. It sucks that you have to do well in the PVP Tournaments to get the better characters, but you have to already have the better characters to do consistently well in the tournaments. It is a slightly obnoxious cycle. icon_razz.gif And it seems like the MMR is going to just make things worse.

And I certainly won't be able to get the higher ranking Alliance Rewards since there are only 5 people in my Alliance atm, and we aren't having any luck getting new members. Especially ones who'd be willing to pay to unlock the next slot.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Twysta - at this point I'm assuming it's you or me who'll pull out our bracket (but you never know). Anyway, I'm done, so if you want it, I'm not playing anymore so no need to game me for it.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:

Oh hai friend. Wave_Smiley_Emoticon.gif
    mohio wrote:
    @Twysta - at this point I'm assuming it's you or me who'll pull out our bracket (but you never know). Anyway, I'm done, so if you want it, I'm not playing anymore so no need to game me for it.

Thanks Mohio, think I'll leave you to it - unless alliance rankings become a lot closer. Think I'd rather just save my HP. icon_e_geek.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Blech. Just said to hell with it and Shielded. I got attacked and knocked down to 733 points, 39th place. I have to wait for my Health Packs to refresh before I can do anything, and I'd probably get knocked down even lower.

Which is better, waiting a while to join a bracket for a PVP event, or joining one after a while? Gotta be able to get the higher ranks so I can actually improve my roster, but don't have the high-leveled 3-Stars to be able to constantly get the higher ranks, I guess.

When you start your bracket doesn't really matter anymore. I've tried starting at different times since the bracketing change and I always get a 1k+ top ten by the end. I'm fielding a 2* roster and it takes my bracket a few hours to fill if I'm one of the first in. If I enter later, I've still seen it take over an hour to fill the remaining ~100 spots. I recommend starting whenever you plan to make your initial push, then collect high-point retaliations along the way until the event ends.

Regarding Ares vs Thor, I find that both seem to attract a similar number of attacks. The difference between the two is that Ares will get a decent amount of defensive wins, while Thor usually just gets beat up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ok I'm done. Shielded at a little over 900. Was 9th last I saw but will probably drop somewhere in the top 25 when the last hour push starts. Feel free to hammer away icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Uainin wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

When you start your bracket doesn't really matter anymore. I've tried starting at different times since the bracketing change and I always get a 1k+ top ten by the end. I'm fielding a 2* roster and it takes my bracket a few hours to fill if I'm one of the first in. If I enter later, I've still seen it take over an hour to fill the remaining ~100 spots. I recommend starting whenever you plan to make your initial push, then collect high-point retaliations along the way until the event ends.

Regarding Ares vs Thor, I find that both seem to attract a similar number of attacks. The difference between the two is that Ares will get a decent amount of defensive wins, while Thor usually just gets beat up.

Alright. And I'll focus on putting any Iso-8 I get toward leveling Ares up higher. I feel like I need to get him higher than 58 now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    Where's the live coverage when needed!!?
  • daveomite
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    Where's the live coverage when needed!!?

I heard they are about to release an in game news ticker to keep us all abreast of the happenings.

And notice, Mr. Modguy.....I just got away with saying "abreast" in my post. Twice now, muhahahaha!

On another note, thinking a may be done. At 1,003 in HM...If you got me in a queue, feel free. Just trying to stay top 10 is all, not gonna stress for higher right now. May do one last match towards the end if needed.