** Hawkeye (Modern) ** [PRE 2014-09]

Comments

• So is 5/3/5 still the ideal build or 5/4/4 is fine too ? icon_e_surprised.gif

I'm thinking about 5/4/4 now myself, I think its personal preferenceand if you ant to use the red a lot. I usually only use blue and I have the feeling that evade at lvl 3 is enough to evade almost every time, so I will use my purple cover and make him 5/4/4
  • 5/5/3 for me most likely. I'm hoping I don't overshoot on ranking 26th for the covers.

Has no one really recorded the damages at max lvl?
  • I found noone, working on this myself, blue 1600 and red 1000 to all at lvl 54
  • If less emphasis is being put on "Evade" now then I guess I can go with 5/4/4 since mine is already 5/3/4.... and I have a red cover in my cache. Prob won't be lvling him up for a while but we'll see
  • Once C. Storm falls out of the meta (if she ever does), then I could see this guy's red becoming more important.

As it is, C. Storm is still a very viable and important part of the game, which means I wouldn't see myself using this guy's red often, since it triggers C. Storm's yellow.

Then again, I don't use this guy at all since I still think countdowns by and large aren't worth it, so take that as you will.
  • I think I'm the highest Level Hawkeye Modern here. currently 63
  • Aiolia wrote:
    I think I'm the highest Level Hawkeye Modern here. currently 63

Close ^^ I'm at 60 now I will perhaps give him a few more levels to get that title from you icon_razz.gif
  • If i didnt sell all his covers i could have a max powered hawkeye :/
  • I'm sure everybody else but me knew this already, but this weekend I found out that if bow-and-arrow guy's other teammates are all stunned, his purple doesn't work. Meaning, he can't backflip and cartwheel behind allies that are stunlocked, and will just take whatever hit is coming his way, right in the face. Which makes his purple even less useful. icon_e_confused.gif
    ariakas wrote:
    If i didnt sell all his covers i could have a max powered hawkeye :/

I have 13 covers for this guy. Let's just say you ain't missing much. icon_neutral.gif
  • His purple skill doesn't activate from an attack without damage, so spidey or venom can stun him, then you can hit him with whatever you want. Effectively he's a very breakable glass cannon that only hits hard in certain situations. There is probably always a better option then hawkeye.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mommson wrote:
    Aiolia wrote:
    I think I'm the highest Level Hawkeye Modern here. currently 63

Close ^^ I'm at 60 now I will perhaps give him a few more levels to get that title from you icon_razz.gif

I've tacked on 20 levels today! Using him at level 48 in The Hunt is fabulous. With a 200% buff, his criticals are mostly instakills.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    I've tacked on 20 levels today! Using him at level 48 in The Hunt is fabulous. With a 200% buff, his criticals are mostly instakills.

I have a 5/5/3 HM still sitting at level 6. Is he fabulous enough to start pouring ISO into now, or would I be better off concentrating on my budding 3* team? How handy is he without the boost?
  • Bartok wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

I have a 5/5/3 HM still sitting at level 6. Is he fabulous enough to start pouring ISO into now, or would I be better off concentrating on my budding 3* team? How handy is he without the boost?

Truthfully, not very, but with his avoid skill you can level him up just a little and throw him in there without worrying about getting squished.
  • Bartok wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Save your ISO.

And while Avoid helps him from getting killed, it just makes another (probably more useful) hero get killed faster instead. Particularly if an AE goes off.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zathrus wrote:
    And while Avoid helps him from getting killed, it just makes another (probably more useful) hero get killed faster instead. Particularly if an AE goes off.
    On the plus side, Avoid makes it really hard to clear his countdown tiles. But at level 5, they're only countdown 2, so that's not really a big deal.

I'll regret dumping ISO into him later, but it's fun for now. I'm not focusing on a core team as much as I probably should be -- my highest level character is Grey Widow 3/3/3 at level 70.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    I'll regret dumping ISO into him later, but it's fun for now. I'm not focusing on a core team as much as I probably should be -- my highest level character is Grey Widow 3/3/3 at level 70.

He is the most buffed character in 10d event, he will earn you most of that iso back most likely. I leveled him as much as I could (missing one cover still) and just laughing how much easier the encounters became icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • This is an example of the tournament buffs being done right I think - they give you a reason to use a character you wouldn't normally use, and as it's 10 days long it's worth spending the ISO to level him.
  • Seeing a lot of Hawkeyes spill over into the Big Thunder event. Nice to see him get some use. Hopefully people realize he's not that bad with his big dmg skills.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeing a lot of Hawkeyes spill over into the Big Thunder event. Nice to see him get some use. Hopefully people realize he's not that bad with his big dmg skills.
    Maybe I need to level him more, but even at 200%, I rarely use his powers when you have IM40, much less thor, right there
  • Spoit wrote:
    Maybe I need to level him more, but even at 200%, I rarely use his powers when you have IM40, much less thor, right there
    He gets loads of environment points, 30x I think? cba to check. But that's what he's useful for.
This discussion has been closed.