Double Shot Tourney

Comments

• forgrim wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    woke up to a top 2 finish huh. i thought i'd drop at least 10 ranks while i was asleep. bizarre is bizarre.
    You popped up, but I was nice enough not to attack.

This tourney was weird. I don't think many care about Widow. I know I don't. I was attacked more in Lightning Rounds than this tourney.

100% appreciated.

and polkio, out of the 3***'s, i have one purple grey widow (lol top 25) to go, and one blue and one purple for spidey. it becomes all about iso farming at that point, til new characters come out.

my next legit goal is to get my 3 main squad all maxed level. which is gd hard considering the iso needed!

I told you are my twin. In last loki tournament we had same score...

Farming iso... for Spidey 141 rag 115 and Black Widow GS 141. Only one more green and this will be SPARTAAAAAA!!!
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    To be honest one more green I could cross all 3* - this is my last needed cover from 3* (hmm what to do after?)

Be our punching bag for getting stuff. You only attack non-forumites and never retaliate against those of us here. We appreciate your dedication.

I can be a bag man !!!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like this event ends at a terrible time, all the others ended at 10 mountain time for me, but 7am?...I lost 300 points in the middle of the night, I held 1st until I went to sleep now getting that back in an hour is not likely going to happen

As long as they keep mixing up ending times, it'll be fair for everyone sooner or later.
  • Polkio wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    woke up to a top 2 finish huh. i thought i'd drop at least 10 ranks while i was asleep. bizarre is bizarre.
    You popped up, but I was nice enough not to attack.

This tourney was weird. I don't think many care about Widow. I know I don't. I was attacked more in Lightning Rounds than this tourney.

100% appreciated.

and polkio, out of the 3***'s, i have one purple grey widow (lol top 25) to go, and one blue and one purple for spidey. it becomes all about iso farming at that point, til new characters come out.

my next legit goal is to get my 3 main squad all maxed level. which is gd hard considering the iso needed!

I told you are my twin. In last loki tournament we had same score...

Farming iso... for Spidey 141 rag 115 and Black Widow GS 141. Only one more green and this will be SPARTAAAAAA!!!

lol i saw the loki score and you tied my score at that last minute. i was like lol polkio, WHY ARE YOU RANKED 1 OVER ME.

same plan pretty much as you, i'm wobbling between grey widow or magneto classic...or both haha.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope the second round of this tournament is different from the first. Buff IM35 instead of IM40, change up the prizes for both progression and placement, etc. At least give out different colors of Classic Storm!

The tournament end feeding frenzy is just so frustrating. I was in #1 for my bracket about 2/3 of the time, usually #4 or higher the rest of the time, but had to fight to keep a #9 finish at the end. That said, I was punching above my weight class a lot of the time, with an IM40 who was about level 32 at the beginning and level 51 at the end of the tournament. Ninth place is still good, but #1-2 would have gotten my Grey Widow to 4/3/3 instead of 3/3/3...
  • Wooo woke up and still top 25, got the purple cover i needed. Now have a 4/3/4 widow, ready to hit 1-2 place in the NA portion of the tourney and have a maxed out widow.
  • join me in my bracket dumdumdugan, and let us declare 1-2 for ourselves. (i actually have a 5/3/4 widow so need 1 purple, so top 25...but i think it'll be fun lol)
  • forgrim wrote:
    join me in my bracket dumdumdugan, and let us declare 1-2 for ourselves. (i actually have a 5/3/4 widow so need 1 purple, so top 25...but i think it'll be fun lol)

I never hit join right away anymore, i learned my lesson from the first heroic lol. Don't wanna get put into the same bracket as you crazies icon_e_smile.gif
  • you killed fun today. i've been joining pretty quickly on tournaments these days, and frankly i get no one i know (and i just placed top 2 in this last tournament, getting attacked twice while sleeping for 6 hours, PST so tourney ended at 6am).

i think the reasoning behind my placement is that EVERYONE is doing what you just described and are waiting to join at random times, so now its become more of a luck/draw of getting placed into monster brackets with bainee, polkio, me [when i'm not experimenting with hilariously bad teams], frozen, etc.
  • Polkio wrote:
    To be honest one more green I could cross all 3* - this is my last needed cover from 3* (hmm what to do after?)
    Max out 4-star Wolvie or IW lol.

Rags Lightning Round is the worst because it gives 100 HP to 1st. I can see people continuing to farm it even after having a maxed Rag. And I can't blame em either.
  • forgrim wrote:
    i think the reasoning behind my placement is that EVERYONE is doing what you just described and are waiting to join at random times, so now its become more of a luck/draw of getting placed into monster brackets with bainee, polkio, me [when i'm not experimenting with hilariously bad teams], frozen, etc.

I especially joined early in the morning for the last PVE tourney thinking US is still asleep and EU at work. It got me TheLadder and Shikao in my group, could kiss goodbye to top 10. Can we have a forum calender to avoid seeing each other ? icon_razz.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    forgrim wrote:
    you killed fun today. i've been joining pretty quickly on tournaments these days, and frankly i get no one i know (and i just placed top 2 in this last tournament, getting attacked twice while sleeping for 6 hours, PST so tourney ended at 6am).

Yeah, I think it's pretty random now, since so many people are doing it now. I still shoot for what I think are going to be 'quiet' times, but I don't know if it really even matters. For high-level players, just 1-2 top players will be a big difference to your chances. I'm not entirely sure what it means for the average casual player, though...
  • Polkio wrote:

Rags Lightning Round is the worst because it gives 100 HP to 1st. I can see people continuing to farm it even after having a maxed Rag. And I can't blame em either.

way to publicize my plan for today. the one tournament i'll probably compete in is that since its during my lunch break.
  • forgrim wrote:
    Polkio wrote:

way to publicize my plan for today. the one tournament i'll probably compete in is that since its during my lunch break.

It's still a good reason to farm every other tourney even after you've maxed because the covers sell for HP too.
  • finwe wrote:
    I especially joined early in the morning for the last PVE tourney thinking US is still asleep and EU at work. It got me TheLadder and Shikao in my group, could kiss goodbye to top 10. Can we have a forum calender to avoid seeing each other ? icon_razz.gif

Reremnu, TheLadder and me were only 3, so that's leave 7 spots free in top 10 icon_e_wink.gif

As for rewards in Double Shot round 2, I am quite sure they will be the same.
  • From my experience, "dead hour" is 15:00 UTC.
  • Sooty wrote:
    It's still a good reason to farm every other tourney even after you've maxed because the covers sell for HP too.
    But that's mean for those of us who actually need the covers icon_e_sad.gif I don't care if you take Rags. The less I see of him, the better.
  • Polkio wrote:

All of the Lightning round 1-2 placements give 100 HP (at least for the 2 power characters).

And forgrim -- leave the Rags tourney alone! Some of us are still desperately trying to get him. And because of timing the one this afternoon is the only other one I can compete in (only 2 out of 4).
  • Shikao wrote:
    finwe wrote:

Reremnu, TheLadder and me were only 3, so that's leave 7 spots free in top 10 icon_e_wink.gif

As for rewards in Double Shot round 2, I am quite sure they will be the same.

Haha, yeah problem is you seem to "inspire" other people to grind like crazy too..... icon_e_wink.gif
  • Probably have to buy last widow cover. 2AM tournament ends for me. At least 500HP in those tournaments are quite easy to achieve