*** Sam Wilson (Falcon) *** (Updated)

Comments

• akkidSON wrote:
    Still no Nightcrawler, another night to tear myself to sleep icon_e_sad.gif

Don't do it man, it's not worth tearing anything other this, crying on the other hand would be acceptable icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    TazFTW wrote:
    Daken and/or Wolverine eh? So...

- He makes strike tiles?
    - yellow heal?
    - Maybe yellow matches create strike tiles, so it's damned if you do, damned if you don't when paired with Daken.
    No, if he synergizes with wolvie/daken, he probably makes attack tiles
  • There is no lazy Falcon! Huzzah!

He sounds very interesting - now is it going to be another 10 day event just to get him? Unstable-Unstable-ISO ?
  • Please for the love of god knock him down to 2*s....

Falcon is one of my favorite superheroes. But I cannot handle having to collect another 3* character after the nonstop slough of them that is being spit at us
  • Chaga
    Chaga Posts: 30
    Since he shares 2 passives colors with Spidey, my best bet would be that the nerfbat is coming with him, and he will probably be added to make up for it in some way.
    Spidey Stun will go up to 6, and falcon blue passive will be for each blue match, get an extra blue AP. A bit like OBW's espionage.

To sum it up, if you wanna play new Spidey like the old one, you will need to sacrifice 2 spots for the same result.
  • IceIX wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    Would be more suitable as 2*, just like Daredevil
    With his current ability balance, he's like Black Widow (Original) in that he can find a place on just about any team. In test, I'm currently dreading seeing any Daken or Wolverine/Falcon teams. I wouldn't want Falcon to be a tank with what he can currently do. Ow.

I was thinking this means more along the lines of a green generator maybe. Something to feeds dakens passive and or bezerker rage.
  • IceIX wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    With his current ability balance, he's like Black Widow (Original) in that he can find a place on just about any team. In test, I'm currently dreading seeing any Daken or Wolverine/Falcon teams. I wouldn't want Falcon to be a tank with what he can currently do. Ow.
    Yeah if you don't want him to be a tank making him a 2* basically guarantees he won't be (when part of a 3* lineup).

It just doesn't make sense stylistically, if the stars correlate to relative power level in comic book canon, for Falcon and Daredevil to be 3*. Plus Daredevil is more like Bagdevil anyways in this game = 2* or 4*
  • Hey iceIX. You said you wouldn't want him teamed with dakan or wolvie. Can we pretend that by not calling him patches you were making a subtle hint that xforce will finally receive his long promised buff? Plz? There are cookies involved? (I mean..I will rejoice by eating cookies)
  • Daken/Wolvie are strike tile generators, so the scariest thing to pair with that is Espionage-like double-dipping on damage, attack tile generation, or team damage. A passive that spits out attack tiles combined with Daken's passive spitting out strike tiles would be a lot of pain at 141.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking he passively heals team for an amount equal to the number of strike tiles. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I personally love the sudden influx of new 3* covers. Gives us more team options so we aren't always facing the same 2-3 teams in PvP.
  • IceIX wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:

Any chance we will see more ** aka 2 star characters any time soon?
  • Vairelome wrote:
    Daken/Wolvie are strike tile generators, so the scariest thing to pair with that is Espionage-like double-dipping on damage, attack tile generation, or team damage. A passive that spits out attack tiles combined with Daken's passive spitting out strike tiles would be a lot of pain at 141.
    It could also be a new mechanic. Something like "Whenever one of your characters is healed, Falcon does half the amount of damage healed", for example, would be nightmare-inducing when paired with Wolverine or Daken.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Vairelome wrote:
    Daken/Wolvie are strike tile generators, so the scariest thing to pair with that is Espionage-like double-dipping on damage, attack tile generation, or team damage. A passive that spits out attack tiles combined with Daken's passive spitting out strike tiles would be a lot of pain at 141.

That seems a good call - Redwing (his pet falcon) would make for a good double-dip mechanic.

Also: I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but about OBW's precious blue power...
    "Anti-Gravity Device - Blue 11 AP
    Stolen Stark tech increases enemy countdowns by 2. If there are none, heals all allies of 100 damage."
    Falcon has various forms of flight harness throughout his career - it doesn't make much real-life logic, but in MPQ if anti-gravity = countdown increasing & healing might a flight harness also produce one/both effects?
  • So in another thread about AI Ice wrote this:
    IceIX wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    But the actual pool of scripts inside of a given fight is fairly static. At most, you'd see 3 heroes x 3 abilities + 3 enemies x 3 abilities + (some arbitrary number of core game mechanics, such as match 4/5, post-drop look ahead). So while the number of scripts overall is definitely increasing, it seems like that number is static for a given combat.

Is it possible to encapsulate those scripts and then for a given combat pass only the relevant ones into the "weighting engine"? Seems like a simple (naive icon_e_smile.gif) approach to keep the engine from getting bogged down.
    Sure, that's somewhat trivial, yes. The problem lies in backwards compatibility for all abilities that affects weighting. To give an example of something that just got put in (but nothing in-game uses it yet), there is now the ability for tiles to have their strength affected. So a Strike tile could go from 20-25 while in combat. That's great and adds a new wrinkle to gameplay. We can put a script in saying that this new ability that makes a tile stronger has X weight per tile it would affect and that would work fine for that ability. But we'd also have to go through and change each Strike tile generating ability to take into account the fact that this new ability exists if we want the AI to handle it properly. After all, it's a better deal to use Strike tiles when something else makes use of it as opposed to other times. Each new mechanic adds that layer on to each ability.

It's not an impossible or unsolveable problem by any means, simply one that's a recipe for accidental oversights and the bugs attendant with them. Which would of course re-enact its little drama every time a mechanic was introduced.

Now, given earlier comments about pairing with Daken/ Wolvie should we all be very afraid?
  • Maybe he increases the strength of attack/protect tiles by a factor of 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x based on level? Double the effect of teammate passives?
  • Not interested, next! Honestly. To sure he is worth the 500 hp for roster. Who is next, Bucky ?
  • Well, it isn't Angel, but I'm happier with this than Human Torch. Or those stupid 3 star - 2 star outfit changes. The tricky question is, will I end up getting a good amount of these.....Which if Human Torch or Black Panther is any indication, I don't have high hopes. icon_e_sad.gif
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    There's insufficient data to comment on the guy yet, he might come up as a very potent support, but as for the flavour part... boooring. When will we get some new villains? They are outnumbered and outgunned right now and I'm all into fair play.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Providing a placeholder here for later. As per usual with pre-release info, it's always up for change.

[anchor=daken3]Falcon (Modern)[/anchor]
    3 Star Rarity (Rare)
    At Max Level: HP: ??? Tile damage: 11/4/10/8/4/4
      ??? (PASSIVE)
        ??? (PASSIVE)
          ???

When character are shown in the threads, when does these character's get release? A week or a month after?