Support Shards System

Options
12346»

Comments

• DigitHAL9000
    DigitHAL9000 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

I'm mostly concerned in supports I don't own.
    Reading the blog seems I will need to get all my other supports to rank 5 before they can randomly redirect my shards to the ones I don't own.
    It will take some time.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DigitHAL9000 said:
    Reading the blog seems I will need to get all my other supports to rank 5 before they can randomly redirect my shards to the ones I don't own.
    It will take some time.

Unfortunately, you cannot favorite, earn shards towards, or unlock any Supports of which you do not already own at least a 1★ version. So it's even worse than you feared.

• Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 154 Tile Toppler
    Options

People keep bringing up the RTF as their favorite, but have you tried the Fantasti-car? I'd much rather get 10+ TU on turn 1 than a slightly better chance of doing team damage sometimes.

I haven't put RTF back on Okoye since the first time I tried it.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Painmonger said:
    People keep bringing up the RTF as their favorite, but have you tried the Fantasti-car? I'd much rather get 10+ TU on turn 1 than a slightly better chance of doing team damage sometimes.

I haven't even unlocked the Fantasticar yet, but it looks like at Level 250 it says:

For the first 4 turns, whenever the supported character makes a match, increase that match damage by 75.00%, swap 2 pairs of random basic tiles, and gain 1 Team-Up AP

So on turn 1, you're frequently making 10+ cascade matches in just the colors that are tanked by a single character?

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

This > @meadowsweet said:

@DigitHAL9000 said:
    It will take some time.

Unfortunately, you cannot favorite, earn shards towards, or unlock any Supports of which you do not already own at least a 1★ version. So it's even worse than you feared.

Not correct. As DigitHAL says, you can earn shards towards a support you don't own, but only if all your other supports are at rank 5. In reality it seems unlikely to happen unless they stop releasing new supports or significantly increase the possibilities for earning tokens.

"What if all the Supports I own are Rank 5 and I pull a duplicate?
    An eligible Support that you do not own will be chosen at random, and that Support will receive the Wildcards Support Shards."

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@JimboJambo said:
    This > @meadowsweet said:

@DigitHAL9000 said:
    It will take some time.

Not correct. As DigitHAL says, you can earn shards towards a support you don't own, but only if all your other supports are at rank 5. In reality it seems unlikely to happen unless they stop releasing new supports or significantly increase the possibilities for earning tokens.

"What if all the Supports I own are Rank 5 and I pull a duplicate?
    An eligible Support that you do not own will be chosen at random, and that Support will receive the Wildcards Support Shards."

Even though you can earn shards for those supports, IIRC, you can't unlock the support using those shards.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Painmonger said:

I must be missing something. I have Fantasticar and have no idea how you get 10+ TU on Turn 1. Must be missing something or have a different version of the support.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@Painmonger said:

I must be missing something. I have Fantasticar and have no idea how you get 10+ TU on Turn 1. Must be missing something or have a different version of the support.

To get close to 10 AP you’d have to have the support on a person who’s tanking petty much everything (or at least 3 colors). The first 4 turns each match by the character results in 2 random tiles swapping plus one TU AP assuming you have R3+. With luck it’ll keep going (it’s ok if some other colors match as long as it leads to another one by the supported character). I have seen some crazy chains go but 10 is a lot.

• LavaManLee
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@LavaManLee said:

@Painmonger said:

To get close to 10 AP you’d have to have the support on a person who’s tanking petty much everything (or at least 3 colors). The first 4 turns each match by the character results in 2 random tiles swapping plus one TU AP assuming you have R3+. With luck it’ll keep going (it’s ok if some other colors match as long as it leads to another one by the supported character). I have seen some crazy chains go but 10 is a lot.

Painmonger, though, said 10+ TU on Turn 1. That's what I can't figure out.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So if you assume a match 3 +1 bonus TU that's 4AP. If you can cascade a couple you'll get a few swaps. I'm yet to try with MEHulk to see if the initial blast can cascade into multiple swaps that yield further AP.

• LavaManLee
    Options

I have yet to understand why it is better than RTF on Okoye, though. That is way better for her than a miniscule "chance" of 10+ TU.

• JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited December 2023
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    I have yet to understand why it is better than RTF on Okoye, though. That is way better for her than a miniscule "chance" of 10+ TU.

It's typically better than the RTF only if you're using Okoye with a character like Omega Red who does passive AOE damage each turn. On average you gain A LOT more teamups using the Fantasticar than the RTF since all you have to do to gain at least 1 teamup per turn is match a color Okoye is tanking. So if your board doesn't have a lot of teamup tiles, just matching tiles gains you teamups. And if you get lucky (happens more than you think) and your match results in another match, you gain additional teamups.

Match a color Okoye tanks, get 1 teamup and fantasticar swaps 2 tiles. If the swapped tiles result in another match +1 more teamup, if that swap results in another match, +1 teamup. This continues until no more matches. That all counts as ONE turn of the 4 turns fantasticar swaps tiles. It can get really crazy if Okoye tanks all colors like her boost week.

It also helps to have a +500 lvl Okoye to be clear.

-JaGo

• LavaManLee
    Options

Thanks for the writeup. Appreciate it. I have both Okoye and OR at 550 so pretty sure RTF is still better on her. But maybe Fantasticar on OR could be wroth a shot.

• JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Thanks for the writeup. Appreciate it. I have both Okoye and OR at 550 so pretty sure RTF is still better on her. But maybe Fantasticar on OR could be wroth a shot.

You're welcome. Fantasticar only equips to Heroes and you also need it to be Rank 3 or higher, as previously mentioned by someone. Cheers.

-JaGo

• LavaManLee
    Options

Thanks again. Yeah, I have it level 3. Pretty much useless for me right now but I will think of something.

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

In that scenario it can help you from bleeding team ups. Okoye only tanks team ups with that duo so the chance of losing a team up every turn is roughly 85%. This assumes you are boosting team ups and all every match.