Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,383 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    2 Master tokens for 10 bucks?

Not going to lie… I bought it lol.

Do you happen to remember how much HP, iso, and riso was in the pack? The text says they are included but there’s no indication of what amounts are in it.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ArchusMonk said:

@sambrookjm said:

@KGB said:

@sambrookjm said:
    I've been saving up Supports for a while once I heard about the updated plan for supports. With Support Shards, I got my Royal Talon Fighter upgraded to LVL 4. I leveled it up, and then continued opening the Beginner Support tokens. About five tokens after I level it up, I open...a Level 4 Royal Talon Fighter Support. From a Beginner support.

There were a whole clowder of tinykitties uttered at this point.

I mentioned this in an earlier post.

If you are trying to go from R3->R5 via shards you NEVER EVER level up to R4 as soon as you get 900 shards. The reason is what just happened to you. It's possible you draw the R4 support in future pulls in which case you wasted the 900 shards that could have gone to the R5.

Obviously if you are leveling up one of the Stones (which aren't in support tokens) then you can level up to R4 right away.

KGB

Yeah, the odds of that bad beat were 1-in-3,000 (1-in-50 for a 4-star support from a beginner token, and 1-in-60 for that particular support.) I guess I should have tried successfully navigating an asteroid field or something. :)

Never tell me the odds!

You all have your moments. Not many of them, but you do have them.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I thought about creating a ranking guide for supports, but I’m not as savvy with these others are.

Please do!

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Ranking supports is tricky because they have such different uses.

Some are great for Puzzle Gauntlet, some for speeding up bits of DDQ, others make bits of PvE much simpler, a few only matter with particular characters , and there will be ones that become PvP meta perhaps.

And quite possibly lots will get reworked in the near future.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,383 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@Daredevil217 said:

Do you happen to remember how much HP, iso, and riso was in the pack? The text says they are included but there’s no indication of what amounts are in it.

It has been reported to me that people buying this pack, which says it includes HP, iso, and riso, get none of those things. Just the tokens, as seen on the screen.

Which is not bad in terms of value, imo (9.99 for those tokens). But the text says things are included that are not.

Maybe there's an error and they were supposed to be included?

• Borstock
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@bluewolf said:

@Daredevil217 said:

It has been reported to me that people buying this pack, which says it includes HP, iso, and riso, get none of those things. Just the tokens, as seen on the screen.

Which is not bad in terms of value, imo (9.99 for those tokens). But the text says things are included that are not.

Maybe there's an error and they were supposed to be included?

More likely they created the offer with a copy-paste and forgot to change it. Lord knows that happens pretty much every new character release.

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options

While not exactly a ranking, I went through all of the supports I have and looked at the current numbers and what they get you at the ranks I have them, so I can decide who to favorite first. Here is a short list of ones that I like and/or will be looking at putting levels into, feel free to add or point out any that you are using that I may have overlooked.

First one I will work on is Royal Talon Fighter, I have it at 3 right now and perk 2 gives a 27.15% chance to gain an extra TU when matching a TU, 15.98% chance to deal 1230 damage to the enemy team when the character fires a power, and with it on Okoye, reduces the cost of powers by up to 2.

At rank 5 i have:
    Chimichanga - perk 2 gets a 40% chance of 2 red on a red match, perk 3 is 50% chance to fortify a tile at the start of a turn and perk 4 gets a 45% of 2 purple on a purple match.
    Korg - 40% chance to start the battle with 3 yellow while perk 5 does 963 enemy damage when matching an enemy strike tile.
    I have Shang using Quantum Realm just for perk 1, which gives a 72% chance for 6 purple at the start of the match.

In the rank 4 column;
    Chewie - perk one gives a 46.37 chance to create a 369 attack tile on that characters match, and perk 3 gives 15.79 chance to remove an enemy tile when your team fires a power.
    Destroyer gun - perk 1 gives 33.57% chance to fortify a tile on turn, and perk 4 give a 38.37 chance for 2 TU on a TU match
    Ebony Maw - perk 1 is a 12.99% chance for a 189 attack tile on your turn and perk 4 is a 61.95% chance to start the battle with 3 black. At level 200, the 5th perk is a 21.99% chance to steal 4 random AP when firing any power. only for villains so it doesn't have as much utility as i would hope
    Sanctum Santorum - perk 3 gives 66.95% hance to start the battle with 5 yellow
    Stepford Cuckoos - perk 1 is 28.18% chance to steal 3 random ap but only when that character fires a power. can only go on Xmen, but if I get up to rank 5, it gives that character a 2.2 increase in the critical tile multiplier which is insane

Rank 3:
    Atlantis - perk 3 is 53.9% chance for 5 green at the start of battle
    Avengers Tower - perk 1 battle start gives a 37.91% chance for 2 yellow, perk 2 is 43.6% chance to fortify a special tile. Perk 5 at level 150 gives a 39.92% for 2 ap in the teams strongest color when your team fires a power
    Carol Communicator - perk 1 has a 44.92% chance for two 600 strength protect tiles
    Element Gun - perk 1 gives 39.92% chance for a 147 attack tile but only when that character fires a power, perk 3 is also when the character matches and gives 48.90% chance to fortify a tile, and if equipped to star lord, gives a 60.90% chance at start of battle to give 3 random ap for each guardian on the team
    Kimoyo Beads - perk 2 is a .8 increase to the crit multiplier, perk 3 is 27.95% chance for 2 extra blue on character match of blue, perk 5 gives 48.90% chance for 4 yellow at the start of battle
    Proxima - perk 4 is 48.90% chance to start the battle with 3 red
    Sp//dr - perk 3 53.9% chance to start the battle with 5 yellow
    Power Stone - perk 2 is a .8 increase to the crit multiplier, equipping to a championed character gives a 9.19% chance to fire a power at no cost on that characters match

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,999 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    So uh... spoiler alert: it's still going to take years to level up your Supports and you're still probably just as likely to randomly just draw a 5★ Support than pull enough duplicates to Shard it up to 5★ (assuming the rates of Support Token pulls remain the same as before.)

300 Beginner Token pulls are probably your best bet, especially as they continue to release new Supports and dilution becomes more and more of a problem for duplicates and wildcards?

I have a real world example now of how many tokens it took.

I wanted to move my R4 Royal Talon Fighter to R5 so I need 1600 shards.

Setting the RTF as my favorite, it took me 20 Advanced and roughly 60 beginner tokens to do it. Those add up to 20x30=600+60x600=1200 shards via favorites. The remaining 400 came from duplicate RTF's and duplicates of some other supports I have at R5 (Hulkling and Kra-van) that yielded favorite shards instead.

Opening those tokens also upgraded my Web Shooters from R2 to R4, my Milano from R3 to R4, my Battleworld Map from R2 to R4 and I acquired 2 new supports Fantasicar R2 and Skrullluminati R2.

I still have 120 beginner, 20 advanced and 10 master support tokens left so I should be able to move at least 1 more R4 to R5 or potentially move a R3 to R5.

One thing that's clear is that the more R5 supports you have, the easier it is to favorite another to R5 because duplicate pulls of R5 give favorite shards. I hit 4-5 duplicate R5s and a couple were R3 dupes which yielded 45 favorite shards which helped speed up the process to 1600 (roughly 1/4 of my 1600 came this way).

If you are trying to get your supports leveled up, the best thing you can do is make sure you are using your taco tokens in the 40 vault that has 1 beginner support in it over the 300 taco vault. Since you get at ~7 taco tokens a day (daily quests, use 5* deadpool, DDQ rewards) you should get 1 beginner token a week plus extras from the monthly puzzle ops so it doesn't take long to get a bunch of pulls.

KGB

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@meadowsweet said:
    So uh... spoiler alert: it's still going to take years to level up your Supports and you're still probably just as likely to randomly just draw a 5★ Support than pull enough duplicates to Shard it up to 5★ (assuming the rates of Support Token pulls remain the same as before.)

300 Beginner Token pulls are probably your best bet, especially as they continue to release new Supports and dilution becomes more and more of a problem for duplicates and wildcards?

Setting the RTF as my favorite, it took me 20 Advanced and roughly 60 beginner tokens to do it. Those add up to 20x30=600+60x600=1200 shards via favorites. The remaining 400 came from duplicate RTF's and duplicates of some other supports I have at R5 (Hulkling and Kra-van) that yielded favorite shards instead.

Opening those tokens also upgraded my Web Shooters from R2 to R4, my Milano from R3 to R4, my Battleworld Map from R2 to R4 and I acquired 2 new supports Fantasicar R2 and Skrullluminati R2.

I still have 120 beginner, 20 advanced and 10 master support tokens left so I should be able to move at least 1 more R4 to R5 or potentially move a R3 to R5.

One thing that's clear is that the more R5 supports you have, the easier it is to favorite another to R5 because duplicate pulls of R5 give favorite shards. I hit 4-5 duplicate R5s and a couple were R3 dupes which yielded 45 favorite shards which helped speed up the process to 1600 (roughly 1/4 of my 1600 came this way).

If you are trying to get your supports leveled up, the best thing you can do is make sure you are using your taco tokens in the 40 vault that has 1 beginner support in it over the 300 taco vault. Since you get at ~7 taco tokens a day (daily quests, use 5* deadpool, DDQ rewards) you should get 1 beginner token a week plus extras from the monthly puzzle ops so it doesn't take long to get a bunch of pulls.

KGB

You get exactly 4 Spicy Tacos each day.
    Two separate taco vaults with different tacos.

• Borstock
    Options

I was so confused by the 7.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,206 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah those vaults don’t share tokens. You can get enough to clear a vault out every 10 days if you have Ghostpool. Spicy and sweet are unrelated.

• KGB
    Options

Don't the vaults swap the next week when you swap Deadpool nodes (ie spicy that are going to the 40 vault now go to the 300 vault and vice versa)?

I have a couple thousand taco tokens for both vaults and when the new system arrived a couple years back I never paid that much attention because I had oodles of tokens for both vaults and only pull if there is something I want (specific 4*).

KGB

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    Don't the vaults swap the next week when you swap Deadpool nodes (ie spicy that are going to the 40 vault now go to the 300 vault and vice versa)?

I have a couple thousand taco tokens for both vaults and when the new system arrived a couple years back I never paid that much attention because I had oodles of tokens for both vaults and only pull if there is something I want (specific 4*).

KGB

No, they don't.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options

@KGB said:
    Setting the RTF as my favorite, it took me 20 Advanced and roughly 60 beginner tokens to do it.

Sure, but your real world example is just "spend months saving up a large hoard, then open it, and you can move one favorited support up from the second-highest to highest level (as well as a few random improvements elsewhere)", right?

If you only want to max out one or two Supports, you might be able to do that in the next year (you had already been hoarding tokens, other people may not have been), but what I was originally trying to say was that it's going to take years to level up [all] of your supports, and I still stand by that.

Now, just like characters, most people aren't interested in leveling up every single last one of them - they're really more interested in having several choices amongst the best and most versatile. But if you blow your entire hoard today and then tomorrow they release a new best Support, you're still going to spend months chasing it or rebuilding your hoard from scratch.

• KGB
    edited December 2023
    Options

@meadowsweet

I don't disagree with what you wrote. Getting R5 supports is the equivalent to getting 5* champ characters. Both take a lot of resources which can take a lot of time and effort. My hoarding tokens is no different that someone hoarding CP or LT's in order to champ a set of specific 5*s (latest or special store). And blowing your hoard in support tokens (or CP/LT) only for a newer better support (character) to be released is always going to something that can (more like will) happen.

My example was only meant to show that it's not as daunting (depressing?) as your table shows and that you get plenty of other benefits when trying to level up a couple specific supports to R5 (in my example I acquired a few I didn't have plus got some others to R4).

KGB

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:

KGB

They used to swap between Savory and Sweet vaults, both with 300 items. When they switched to 7 day cycles for Deadpool's Daily, they stopped switching and it's always the Sweet vault now. The Spicy vault, with 40 items, is independent of those, it was added with the introduction of daily quests, and 5* Deadpool.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@S0kun what are your thoughts on the special support stores (like the current Wasp Gauntlets) giving a Wildcard Support Shard Pack bonus? I know the 2 tokens we receive aren’t officially Beginner, Advanced, or Master tokens since they’re special… but I’m just curious if that was something that was overlooked and might be fixed later, or done on purpose?