**** Mister Negative (Martin Li) ****

Options
1235»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Even after his PVP I have absolutely no idea what any of his skills do.
    Well done, Designers, to release him during Thanos boost week.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He was pretty good at dying!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

As a 5* player with Thanos, I couldn’t have been happier with this release timing.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I dunno - feels a bit Konami cheat code.

I am a bit disappointed that his animation showing him handing out iso-8 did not give me any iso-8. Where is that guy who was advising us we can all sue for the Chasm rebalance? I need legal advice on how I can get my hands on all this non received Iso I am missing!

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Even after his PVP I have absolutely no idea what any of his skills do.
    Well done, Designers, to release him during Thanos boost week.

I feel the same after playing with him in his welcome event. Something something special tiles. What? Huh? I think I accidentally blew up some attack tiles with him that my Banner created.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    As a 5* player with Thanos, I couldn’t have been happier with this release timing.

I really need to keep records for this...I did 52 wins in 24 minutes to get to 1200. I feel like that's the best I've ever done but I need to start tracking it.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

This Patch PvP is hurting though. I might have to just use the loaner and avoid enemy Thanos teams or else it is a healthpack every other fight thanks to Court death.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Use the loaner. I can't see it making any difference.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Yeah, agreed, that is what I am doing.

• Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    I think the time for the "should they do it" debate has passed, though. Like, I obviously have an opinion about it, and I think it's unhealthy to build a whole tier of this game completely around one character, but that is pretty inarguably what they've done.

Changing her at this point would have so many knock-on effects across so many characters that I don't think it's realistic to even do it.

So we have pretty much admitted that the 4* tier has hit the peak and can never have another meta so it really is time to go in a different direction with something for the player base to chase unless we want a 5* always release cadence. Not impossible of course but will not be popular to many either.

Well there's another meta but not nearly as prevalent as the SAP tile meta (from which Polaris draws her power), which is the web tiles meta. Or we could just call that the Spiderverse meta (though some of the Spiderverse chars like Flash/Agent Venom have no interaction whatsoever with web tiles).

It's a meta on its own because web tiles can clutter, clog and fill up the board just like SAPs do when Polaris is present in a game. Polaris can normally fill up the board with SAPs much faster than web tile creators, but web tile creators do slow her down quite a bit.

If they make some kind of Spiderverse character that spams web tiles at an obnoxiously fast speed, perhaps that could be an actually good counter to Polaris... greater than any of her "counters" they have released before. But of course this might open a whole another can of worms as well.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Daniel2121 said:

Well there's another meta but not nearly as prevalent as the SAP tile meta (from which Polaris draws her power), which is the web tiles meta. Or we could just call that the Spiderverse meta (though some of the Spiderverse chars like Flash/Agent Venom have no interaction whatsoever with web tiles).

It's a meta on its own because web tiles can clutter, clog and fill up the board just like SAPs do when Polaris is present in a game. Polaris can normally fill up the board with SAPs much faster than web tile creators, but web tile creators do slow her down quite a bit.

If they make some kind of Spiderverse character that spams web tiles at an obnoxiously fast speed, perhaps that could be an actually good counter to Polaris... greater than any of her "counters" they have released before. But of course this might open a whole another can of worms as well.

2099 is definitely the best web spammer at the 4* tier, I wish they'd add someone else of his caliber because so many characters reliant on webs just don't produce enough of their own. 5* Spidey has this problem as well unless you run him with Chasm, but if you're going to run Chasm you'd be better off running another immortal.