**** Mister Negative (Martin Li) ****

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I agree that newer players almost certainly spend more than older players who are not whales, providing they stick with the game long enough to get hooked. The resource hoarding of veteran players is the no.1 problem for the Devs in this game and I believe they have taken several steps to try and get those resources flowing such as:

Boosted 5* - encourage players to roster all 5's
    Super Generous Vaults with shards - encourage players to spend HP
    The move to getting away from the 4/4/5 release schedule
    Increased odds for Classics as a new

It is a problem for the Devs when players can cover a new release from Champ rewards and don't have to impact their hoards at all - perhaps this is why they have started not assigning feeders to some new releases. If there would not be a massive tantrum I suspect the Devs would love to limit feeder rewards from multiple champed 3's and 4's.

I also am not talking about the 4* tier being irrelevant - I am saying that _adding _ more characters to the 4* tier who are not essential for a younger players progress is probably irrelevant/non benefical to them.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It may be non-beneficial for those players.

It is almost certainly not non-beneficial for the financial stability of the game.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    It may be non-beneficial for those players.

It is almost certainly not non-beneficial for the financial stability of the game.

Absolutely which brings us to point again - why not make the 4* tier more attractive? I honestly feel at this point you could maybe even entertain vaulting again to clear out some of the bloat. Something. None of it impacts us - we have all the 4's champed and will champ the new 4's because it is so easy to do and we don't really have to spend a penny (I do normally buy something with real cash every month but I am definitely not spending like newer players do for sure)

• ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 162 Tile Toppler
    Options

Can we dump the lame intro text and just describe the powers? The intro adds nothing to the experience of the game and just makes the powers harder to read in-game

• entrailbucket
    Options

I mean...the bloat is the point though. The more characters they add, the more revenue they generate.

If it was an issue, they'd have to find some other way to keep the lights on, which probably means no more game. We can assume it's working because the game continues to exist.

It's not greedy or whatever either -- these kinds of games churn players by nature, and the Marvel license is crazy expensive.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I mean...the bloat is the point though. The more characters they add, the more revenue they generate.

If it was an issue, they'd have to find some other way to keep the lights on, which probably means no more game. We can assume it's working because the game continues to exist.

It's not greedy or whatever either -- these kinds of games churn players by nature, and the Marvel license is crazy expensive.

I think there is a bloat and then there is what we have now, which is problematic bloat. Of course they will know who is or isn't rostering what and the Devs objectives will wildly differ from the players ones on many subjects - every time we get the question asked about slowing down releases - that isn't going to happen. I don't expect anything we are saying here to have the slightest impact of course so at this point we are basically shooting the breeze and thinking about solutions from a player side. For example - given the bloat of the 4* tier removing 3* from Might Tokens or increasing the odds might help but is it something they have on their radar - probably not.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Everyone still screaming into the void?
    Excellent, carry on.

Not sure there is anything overly wrong with thinking about things perceived in the game as could be better but this is the wrong thread for it you are right, so I will leave it there for sure.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I think there is a bloat and then there is what we have now, which is problematic bloat. Of course they will know who is or isn't rostering what and the Devs objectives will wildly differ from the players ones on many subjects - every time we get the question asked about slowing down releases - that isn't going to happen. I don't expect anything we are saying here to have the slightest impact of course so at this point we are basically shooting the breeze and thinking about solutions from a player side. For example - given the bloat of the 4* tier removing 3* from Might Tokens or increasing the odds might help but is it something they have on their radar - probably not.

I think we can assume that they're paying attention to this sort of thing, and if it becomes a problem for lower tier folks, I'd think they would move very, very quickly to address it.

It's just really tough for us to know for sure if/when the bloat becomes problematic, just based on our own experience and the experience of the tiny percentage of players we interact with. They have metrics that include the whole playerbase though, including those players who only play DDQ every day, or who only play 1 PvE a month.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

In my alliance, where new prayers rotate through once they grow their roster, they absolutely skip 4*s in favor of 3s and 5s.

They do this because if they roster the 4s they just sit there with a few covers taking up space. Worse, they lose space that would be more efficiently used with a 3 or 5.

So they ask who is better and only roster 4s that are worth it.

3s come faster, and 5s offer more bang for the spot.

The 4s just aren't worth it because there are so many, until they build enough to really afford those excess roster slots.

Negative dude seems decent, but I can't say I'll be recommending him for early rostering to newer players.

Could change when he's in game if he performs well, but I can't see him replacing the usual suspects at this point.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Any chance we could get this back on topic?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Any chance we could get this back on topic?

Before we do, I just want to say this:

There's only one person that can stop Polaris.. 4* Magneto. Let Daddy handle this!

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options

He's only sometimes her dad though, so he'd only sometimes counter her.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The 4* tier is not irrelevant if you don’t have champed 5s. It’s pretty easy to champ the new 4s because of all the special events giving out their covers/shards. This is how it works:

When you champ 3s, your 2s exist mostly for farming rewards. When you champ 4s, then 3s are mostly just good for farming. When you champ 5s, 4s become a farm too. When you get 500+ 5s then your lower 5s are simply a farm as well.

The entire reward system slowly builds up over time until you have hoards of resources waiting for a new meta 5 to come along. BUT remember that a very very small percentage of players are at that level.

• DAZ0273
    edited August 2023
    Options

They picked a dangerous week for the new 4* release PvP - Thanos is inevitable and he likes your health points total...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Try Danver5/Mr N loaner/ Polaris and enjoy the yellow based winfinite Danver5 has been waiting her whole life to have.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yep. First time I can remember using her when I didn't have to.

Grinds to a halt if anyone gets protect tiles out (tyvm, Bullseye).

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Try Danver5/Mr N loaner/ Polaris and enjoy the yellow based winfinite Danver5 has been waiting her whole life to have.

So I guess this means she doesn't need a buff now. ;)

KGB

• DAZ0273
    Options

@KGB said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

So I guess this means she doesn't need a buff now. ;)

KGB

Sounds like time for a nerf to me!