***** Kamala Khan (Origin) *****

124»

Comments

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    heybub said:
    I like this character, and I'm thinking about unloading for her and Shuma.  It is funny though that I am considering pulling for KK & Shuma, but not Crystal & Shuma.  I think Crystal is pretty solid, but for some reason I don't see her as a necessity: she seems like a really solid jack-of-all trades, but not great at any one thing.  I like Shuma, but I don't have enough Hawkeye covers to make him great.  And for me, KK looks like a great third for BRB/Polaris who I have champed, which doesn't really make my roster all that much better since I have Shang-Chi, who is a god in PVE, where a third character can be useful.  She looks good with Apoc as well, but I don't have him covered.  So at this point, I am really questioning my logic as to why I would pull for any of them.

My question for the forum here would be, who is a better pick with Shuma, KK or Crystal?  Are either of them great in a pick 2 PVP?  If so, who are their partners?

Totally get where you're coming from. For those with Shang and others like Kitty, BRB, Polaris. Apoc, Okoye, you have all you need already to chew through SCL10 PVE and PVP. These new 5s aren't going to make anyone want to stop using Shang or others as their go to.

After each new *5 release these days it's seeming to me less likely another Shang or Apoc type character is going to get released. Maybe it's intentional as D3 sees how Shang can conquer all and they want to move away ffrom one man army type characters, in favor of solid team builder types that aren't OP on their own. 

Only D3 knows what's up their sleeves however. I got sick of hoarding and being letdown after each new 5. So I decided to do some pulling on a character that seems unique and fun to me. For me Crystal and KK I like. Not crazy about Gargantos or Moon Knight, although Gargs seems unique enough and could be fun as opposed to MK who just expensive and very meh to me. 
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    tonypq said:
    heybub said:
    I like this character, and I'm thinking about unloading for her and Shuma.  It is funny though that I am considering pulling for KK & Shuma, but not Crystal & Shuma.  I think Crystal is pretty solid, but for some reason I don't see her as a necessity: she seems like a really solid jack-of-all trades, but not great at any one thing.  I like Shuma, but I don't have enough Hawkeye covers to make him great.  And for me, KK looks like a great third for BRB/Polaris who I have champed, which doesn't really make my roster all that much better since I have Shang-Chi, who is a god in PVE, where a third character can be useful.  She looks good with Apoc as well, but I don't have him covered.  So at this point, I am really questioning my logic as to why I would pull for any of them.

My question for the forum here would be, who is a better pick with Shuma, KK or Crystal?  Are either of them great in a pick 2 PVP?  If so, who are their partners?

Totally get where you're coming from. For those with Shang and others like Kitty, BRB, Polaris. Apoc, Okoye, you have all you need already to chew through SCL10 PVE and PVP. These new 5s aren't going to make anyone want to stop using Shang or others as their go to.

After each new *5 release these days it's seeming to me less likely another Shang or Apoc type character is going to get released. Maybe it's intentional as D3 sees how Shang can conquer all and they want to move away ffrom one man army type characters, in favor of solid team builder types that aren't OP on their own. 

Only D3 knows what's up their sleeves however. I got sick of hoarding and being letdown after each new 5. So I decided to do some pulling on a character that seems unique and fun to me. For me Crystal and KK I like. Not crazy about Gargantos or Moon Knight, although Gargs seems unique enough and could be fun as opposed to MK who just expensive and very meh to me. 

I fully agree with you on this.  I have pretty much given up on complete Meta characters for the most part, and now try to focus on pretty good, fun, and cool/unique character.  That is why I went for Shang - not complete meta, but a whole lot of fun, as well as BRB who had a fun, unique play style.  I think Shuma would be fun like that if I had enough HE covers (only have 2 purple, so maybe it is enough).  KK also looks fun with BRB and Polaris, but as a third.  

I doubt there will be a great release any time soon, so this looks like the best we will get for awhile.  The thing I worry about most is if I unload, and then there is a meta character released soon.  I did ok on that when I skipped Wanda, and ended up with SC, but I'm not sure I will be so lucky this time.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kamala’s Green and Blue powers have different in-game texts that what is mentioned in this forum thread.

For her Green, as @Yepyep mentioned, the in-game text doesn’t have the word “extra”. Also, here it states that the 3x3 block of destroyed tiles don’t deal damage or generate AP, but this is missing from the in-game text. So which is it? If it does deal tile damage and generate AP, Kamala just got a notable buff.

For her Blue, the level 4 and 5 upgrades are swapped between forum and in-game. In-game, her airborne is reduced to 1 turn at 4 covers, and she converts 3 tiles at 5 covers. This makes 4/5/4 a viable build.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    One other important difference is that her passive green now reads "matches or destroys a friendly tile" in game. At least, this provides a lot of clarity.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could take those changes as reflections they made after our comments.
    And I could be happy in that case.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kamala’s Green and Blue powers have different in-game texts that what is mentioned in this forum thread.

For her Green, as @Yepyep mentioned, the in-game text doesn’t have the word “extra”. Also, here it states that the 3x3 block of destroyed tiles don’t deal damage or generate AP, but this is missing from the in-game text. So which is it? If it does deal tile damage and generate AP, Kamala just got a notable buff.

For her Blue, the level 4 and 5 upgrades are swapped between forum and in-game. In-game, her airborne is reduced to 1 turn at 4 covers, and she converts 3 tiles at 5 covers. This makes 4/5/4 a viable build.
    Most likely it does not generate ap or deal damage. Wordings are inconsistent across characters but I would look at the recent electro.

I think they would most likely explicitly state of the power is doing something extra like damage or generating ap.

I would lean towards what was posted here and trying not to speculate too much on the in game notations alone.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, we shall see when somebody has gotten the chance to test her out.

Also, another discrepancy: on this thread, it says BeardCap will be in her store. But in-game, the token preview in Venom Bomb shows FirstCap. Which Steve is it?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Things of note:

- her blue repeater can be placed anywhere before she goes airborne. Doesn’t count down while airborne. 
    - The study tile appears after the repeater goes off. NOT when she returns from airborne. This distinction is important as it slows down when you can use the study tile effects of her powers. You have to wait 2/3 more turns AND make sure the repeater isn’t matched/destroyed. 
    - infinite with BRB/Polaris is legit once the study tile is on the field. The opponents health just melts like butter. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    Her green passive deals separate damage (up to 9 with her green) if you destroy a chunk of friendly special tiles.

If you are going for fast winfinite, her Study tile will actually slow you down because you have to choose where to destroy the 3x3 block.

You can do a winfinite at the start of the game if you have:
    1) 1 R5 Support that gives you +6 yellow ap at the start of the game
     2) 2 R5 Supports that gives you +6 green aps ap at the start of the game
    3) used + 4 green/yellow ap 

You'll have 10 yellow aps and 16 green aps at the start of the game. Fire her yellow and you will have a total of 20 protect tiles on the board. Fire her green twice and unless you're super unlucky, it's impossible not to go winfinite at the start of the game.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2022
    Why Embiggened Blast cannot be used as a Team-Up? It refuses to activate. What's the meaning of this?
  • HoundofShadow
    Please file a bug report.
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    A boosted KK plus Beta Ray Bill and Polaris is a PvE cheat code.  You can create a nearly infinite green AP, double passive damage cycle once you get a good amount of shields out.  You generate soooo much green and blue AP, enough to stunlock the entire team while churning out Embiggened Bash's multiple times before needing to make a match.  Simply gross.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    Not exactly a cheat code but she will speed up matches for BRB/Polaris. Gone are the days of 1* Juggernaut, Th4nos and anyone else? No more 4 or 5 minutes matches with BRB/Polaris.
  • McRich
    McRich Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Not exactly a cheat code but she will speed up matches for BRB/Polaris. Gone are the days of 1* Juggernaut, Th4nos and anyone else? No more 4 or 5 minutes matches with BRB/Polaris.
    1* Juggs hits 16 targets, but KK hits 9 targets.  I do agree, KK would be a great help in SCL 10 pve, she would reduce game time. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    @McRich they mean (I assume) speed up the amount of time the match takes once you hit winfinite, not the speed with which you reach winfinite.

They are saying matches will be shorter with KK than with Juggs because you will kill the enemies faster. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I was referring to speed of finishing matches. Her green AoE hits for 4689 per fire and up to a total of 9*2577=23, 193 damage for 7 green ap. Multiply this damage by 2.5 when she's boosted.

I'll do a comparison when I get her champed. Besides 1* Juggernaut, 4* Carnage and 4* Thanos, is BRB/Polaris being team with anyone else for winfinite?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I was referring to speed of finishing matches. Her green AoE hits for 4689 per fire and up to a total of 9*2577=23, 193 damage for 7 green ap. Multiply this damage by 2.5 when she's boosted.

I'll do a comparison when I get her champed. Besides 1* Juggernaut, 4* Carnage and 4* Thanos, is BRB/Polaris being team with anyone else for winfinite?

While there are other 3rds that can go winfinite with BRB Polaris (like 4* The Thing and 2* Storm), I'll think you'll find the alternatives so inferior that the only partners that actually get used (at least pre-KK's arrival) are 1* Juggs and 4* Thanos.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

I've been able to hit the "traditional" BRB/Polaris winfinite with Rhino as my 3rd, too.
    I have also been able to with Sersi as my 3rd, but that's a bit more stun-lock winfinite than the blue/green variety you are alluding to.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Here’s an update to Kamala. It’s interesting to see she is now classified as a mutant and has essentially had her backstory retconned because of the MCU. Is this an MCU spoiler?

Heroes, Avengers, Team Cap, Enhanced, Mutants.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

One of Kamala affiliation now is “Mutants”.

This makes her one of the best partner for Apocalypse, as Apoc is immune to stun with another mutant character.

I believe the change was recent? Because I only found out after bringing the duo against a chasm, and finding that apocalypse wasn’t stun.