***** Kamala Khan (Origin) *****

Options

Comments

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bad said:
    CM says whenever a strike is destroyed by any means other than a match.
    Yes that is why I tested it with a tile destruction, not a match. 

I don't see how the BRB example resolves this. You have an example where it works, I have an example where it doesn't work. Both are destruction triggers that treat fortified tiles differently. Again, this is why I bring up this question and asked how this character would treat matching/destroying fortified tiles. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The way some powers work can be inconsistent in MPQ, even though they should work a certain way. I think the best solution is to wait for the release pvp to see whether it's working the way it should be.
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    If Yellow was a little bit cheaper this would be and OP character.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Green (skin), yellow (hair), blue (outfit).   Is this a 5* Hulkling to celebrate pride month?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this character is BRP Polaris BFF.  Another combo in 5* lane is with Apocalypse.  Run this character 3,5,5 let Apoc spam protect tiles and get the bonus damage from APOC.

Question for Devs.  If Apoc fires black when this character does damage for destroyed tiles do they also get Apocalypse bonus damage from his yellow?  If so that might become one of the most damaging powers in the game
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    wymtime said:

Question for Devs.  If Apoc fires black when this character does damage for destroyed tiles do they also get Apocalypse bonus damage from his yellow?  If so that might become one of the most damaging powers in the game
    This character deals low damage when destroying a special tile.
    A maxed polaris deals 2000 damage on her passive, low damage too, so it would'nt be so shocking, unless bringing both. 
    Then apoc's yellow will triple up on each protect ( black, polaris, this character).
    But that was expected when releasing this character being polaris best partner. 

In the same way okoye will boost both, being arguably faster.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    wymtime said:

This character deals low damage when destroying a special tile.
    A maxed polaris deals 2000 damage on her passive, low damage too, so it would'nt be so shocking, unless bringing both. 
    Then apoc's yellow will triple up on each protect ( black, polaris, this character).
    But that was expected when releasing this character being polaris best partner. 

In the same way okoye will boost both, being arguably faster.
    The problem is Okoye doesn’t produce special tiles.  Thor/Apoc/new character would be faster than Polaris/Okoye/new character.  Apoc black fo me would do over 180K damage.

the problem witty Okoye Polaris is if Polaris strike tile gets placed in a bad position you cannot match it away.  Polaris/BRB is a much better combo or Polaris/Grocket for double dipping damage are better then adding Okoye 
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Details posted for our newest 5-Star character, Kamala Khan (Origin)!
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    Options
    Bad said:
    Whoah! Now her green also deals extra collateral damage to a foe.
    The green passive was there before the update too though. Dealt damage to random enemy on destroying special tile. Unless I'm misreading I don't see the part of the green that wasn't already there besides the values themselves. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Then I didn't notice it before. 
    The sum of added passives able to be boosted in there is crazy.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    Options
    Is the thinking that the damage procs once per match or will it proc for every tile that is matched?

If matching three special tiles, Polaris procs damage only once but generates 3x the special tiles. Wondering which it will be for KK. 
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    @IceIX
    How dose her Blue power powers up her other ability. I might be reading wrong, but I don't see it.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Davidk777 said:
    @IceIX
    How dose her Blue power powers up her other ability. I might be reading wrong, but I don't see it.
    It's in the description of her yellow and green powers. Anywhere it mentions 'study tile', that is the added effect gained whenever she has her blue countdown tile out.

I just love how much synergy she has with her idol Captain Marvel. May not be meta but they sure look like a lot of fun to play.
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Bzhai said:
    Davidk777 said:
    @IceIX
    It's in the description of her yellow and green powers. Anywhere it mentions 'study tile', that is the added effect gained whenever she has her blue countdown tile out.
    Ok I see what you are saying. I overlooked that.
    Thanks
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    Options
    Bzhai said:
    I just love how much synergy she has with her idol Captain Marvel. May not be meta but they sure look like a lot of fun to play.
    It would be really cool if KK's blue repeater tile formation was a passive on returning from being airborne. Then 5* CM could send KK airborne with CM yellow and KK would benefit by dropping a repeater. Opportunity for kit synergy! 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't really tell her best built. i'm thinking we want to be airborne for only 1 turn, but the other two i can't really tell. i'm thinking 4/4/5
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If I'm playing her with BRB and Polaris (which I most assuredly will be) I don't see me firing her blue much over Polaris. Maybe once, at most.
    That means 5/5/3 for me. Maybe 4/5/4.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    3/5/5 for me now because I want her to touch down faster.

She deals AoE: 4689, an extra 1876 damage if Study tile exists, and additional 2577 damage per special tile destroyed, capped at 23, 193, for a total damage of 39136 for 7 green (+ 6 blue ap). The extra damage from Study tile is neligible, but if you are teaming him with Apocalypse etc, it could be an extra 10k damage or so.

According to tradition, the next 5* will be Moon Knight level because I think 550 players are going to unload on Gargantos/KK unless they have some other "news".

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Omegased said:
    I can't really tell her best built. i'm thinking we want to be airborne for only 1 turn, but the other two i can't really tell. i'm thinking 4/4/5

Seems like 3/5/5 to me.  16x350 protects is nice, but not for 10 yellow ap (especially if you want to play her with a damage booster like apoc).  And her stun cleanse works just as well at 3 covers. I guess I would just rather use a teammate to spam protects that rely on KK5 herself.

Also, that release store is pretty bad.

• HoundofShadow
    Options
    Her yellow does three things;

1) creates 16 protect tiles
    2) fortifies 6 of them
    3) clear all allies of stun status

For 10 yellow aps, it does a lot of useful things. You can spam yellow all day with Heimdall. At least, some thoughts have been given to synergy with C5rol. If only KK could convert those protect tiles to strikes as well, it would be an even better nice fit with C5rol.

Besides Polaris/BRB and Apocalypse, what other teams can you come up with? I haven't thought of any yet that doesn't involve meta characters.