Cage Match June 11 - June 13 (Season 2)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    weirdly enough, i dont find there is much activity in this pvp.. i stay unshielded the whole night at 700 pts and no one attacked me.. i make a climb for 2-3 hours (no shield hop) up to 1050 pts and i ve been attacked only once.. i wondered if the servers are wonky or if my maxed hulk/sentry/patch team is working its magic..
    I wouldn't touch that team with a 10-foot-pole if there are easier targets available.
    Although with Patch/CMags it doesn't really matter.
    thats what i thought.. with all the cmag/patch teams roaming around, i expected to be crushed..

I know I skipped you a couple of times last night. Although my C.Mags is only 80 so I've been running 141 Patch/Punisher/Hood.

Side note: What's up bracket buddy?! I'm in second 117 points behind you.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How are they deciding the brackets and match ups for this event? Every team I face has like a 170 or stronger Patch to go with bow or a couple 141s or close to. My weak **** patch is at 23 and my strongest hero is a level 123 pun. I have no chance. I getting totally slaughtered. There wasn't a single matchup I've had, even from the opening, that hasn't been vs a much stronger team. There's no point in me even playing at all...which is kinda how I'm starting to feel about this game in general.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bahukma wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    weirdly enough, i dont find there is much activity in this pvp.. i stay unshielded the whole night at 700 pts and no one attacked me.. i make a climb for 2-3 hours (no shield hop) up to 1050 pts and i ve been attacked only once.. i wondered if the servers are wonky or if my maxed hulk/sentry/patch team is working its magic..
    I wouldn't touch that team with a 10-foot-pole if there are easier targets available.
    Although with Patch/CMags it doesn't really matter.
    thats what i thought.. with all the cmag/patch teams roaming around, i expected to be crushed..

I know I skipped you a couple of times last night. Although my C.Mags is only 80 so I've been running 141 Patch/Punisher/Hood.

Side note: What's up bracket buddy?! I'm in second 117 points behind you.
    i see you bahukma.. i badly need this blue cover to cover max my iw.. icon_e_biggrin.gif but if you really want to push fot it.. aint gonna be mad.. i let you take it.. we are safe in the top ten it seems..
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sorta done with the event, with the usual caveat that I might do something in the last hour if I'm slipping too far.

So hit me if you got me, I know I saw a lot of you guys before I shielded up icon_e_wink.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    My apologies if this is not the correct thread to ask this.

Is tanking still viable? I'm facing multiple 141 teams. Its kicking my butt and i only have a single 141 character. Ran my score up to 500 and put a tank team in for this PvP. Waste of time?

Thanks.
    Tanking in a regular tourney should help you, but mind you there is not too much time left, so you need to be climbing soon, but some people my still see your old tank team and deduct points while you climb. A teammate of mine recommended to switch to your strongest team some time before you are actually ready to climb, or be prepared to do a push in one go. And of course once you reach certain scores (800, 900, it depends), you will see fewer 2x 85 matchups and more stronger teams no matter what, as they are more likely to keep higher scores by that point.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My experience with this event has been different. I've been seeing plenty of 1* IM and lvl 23 Patch when I haven't seen a character under 85 in weeks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i see you bahukma.. i badly need this blue cover to cover max my iw.. icon_e_biggrin.gif but if you really want to push fot it.. aint gonna be mad.. i let you take it.. we are safe in the top ten it seems..

It's all yours, dude. I'll be happy with Top 10 but, as usual, I'll push until I can't anymore. I'll try not to pass you up, though.

edit: Yeah, I don't think I need to worry about passing you up. I'm not going to have the time to shield hop my way past you today.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Have a shield hop coming up (within 1.5 hours) and have Lycra queued up - if you see this are you shielded atm? I see you're right near 1300 and don't want to hit you for 40+ unless you're shielded. Any 5DV around who can confirm shielded or not? (I guess I could not be lazy and check his/her score a couple times to see if it's changing). Also wanted to give heads up in case you're going to hop over 1300 soon.

edit: shield hop complete - now have Franckynight, WYP, and IV Play (don't remember seeing this guy before, but X-Men and has tons of points - where have I been?) queued for the next stint.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw you multiple times, skipped though, because 1. you're a fourmer and 2. you would retaliate for more points
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got an easy climb. from 70pts to 870pts. Was attacked once for +13pts icon_twisted.gif

I'm running CMags 128 + Hood 128, which I don't consider much of a threat - TBH I didn't skip teams with both of them maxed.

Shielded for another 2hrs, then I'll make small push (2fights) and call it a day. Probably 900+ should be enough for top10 in my bracket.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm shielded at 1096 and will be until just before the end of the event. Hopefully that will be enough for first place but we'll see.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are some crazy scores around.
    Slobo is pushing 1500, jozier 1400. Feels like season 1 again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    There are some crazy scores around.
    Slobo is pushing 1500, jozier 1400. Feels like season 1 again.
    5DV know how to motivate jozier icon_lol.gif
  • mohio
    Options
    Speaking of Jozier, just had the strangest thing happen. Was in "MMR hell" earlier, cycling WYP, Jozier, couple other big guys. Figured I'd save them for later since they would probably be worth a lot, so I did one last match against someone else and shielded. So, even though I didn't have Jozier in a node, I figured he was queued, do my shield hop hitting WYP, sure enough Jozier was up next in the queue so I hit him and then reshielded. And now much to my surprise there's Jozier AGAIN 2 skips later (showing up for a juicy 18 pts icon_razz.gif).

First off - who knew guys could be placed in your queue multiple times at once? It shows his score as 943 (same as when I just beat him), so this was HOURS ago. This must be what's happening when people are complaining about the same guy bouncing off their shield multiple times.
    Secondly - MMR hell has actually been helpful for a change! Fancy that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Speaking of Jozier, just had the strangest thing happen. Was in "MMR hell" earlier, cycling WYP, Jozier, couple other big guys. Figured I'd save them for later since they would probably be worth a lot, so I did one last match against someone else and shielded. So, even though I didn't have Jozier in a node, I figured he was queued, do my shield hop hitting WYP, sure enough Jozier was up next in the queue so I hit him and then reshielded. And now much to my surprise there's Jozier AGAIN 2 skips later (showing up for a juicy 18 pts icon_razz.gif).

First off - who knew guys could be placed in your queue multiple times at once? It shows his score as 943 (same as when I just beat him), so this was HOURS ago. This must be what's happening when people are complaining about the same guy bouncing off their shield multiple times.
    Secondly - MMR hell has actually been helpful for a change! Fancy that.

What's that? Stop skipping Mohio when he shows up in my queue? Okay voices - you're the boss.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Moon17, are you shielded? You are worth some juicy points.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got to 978 and shielded. I hope this holds top 10 in my bracket because I'm pretty sure I'll come out negative if I try to shieldhop now.
    Also if anyone has me in a node and wants to give me 100 points or so for that red Patch cover, I wouldn't mind. icon_razz.gif
  • mohio
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    What's that? Stop skipping Mohio when he shows up in my queue? Okay voices - you're the boss.
    Just to put my defensive hat on a for minute - I have a lot of respect for other forumites and anyone I know trying for those top rewards, so I would only hit them if they were low (I think I hit WYP once earlier when we were both around 800, couldn't find another target over like 22 pts) or shielded, which was the case for both of these guys when I hit them earlier.

If you were just joking about being some kind of S.H.I.E.L.D enforcer, I guess I'm overreacting to a little playfulness on the internet (first time ever!) and by all means, continue and I apologize. Ditto if you were simply making note that I was shielded (although I doubt that's the case). In any event, I'll keep skipping you and other SHIELD members until I know they're shielded like I pretty much always have, and you can feel free to hit me or not icon_e_smile.gif.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    I saw you multiple times, skipped though, because 1. you're a fourmer and 2. you would retaliate for more points
    I appreciate it spoit.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Shielded for the rest of the event.. So for those who have me in their queue..
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's not quite the bloodbath that showed up toward the end of season one, but my bracket is still higher than the last few.
    Could be that people are trying to get season points, or LThors, or both.
    Won my Sentry bracket with 1100+ recently, but that was by 150+ between me and second, and I shield hopped that high for the yellow cover since I'd missed it from rewards. This one I'm second with 1038, but 10th is 917. Can't see below that, but I'm sure it's tight as well. People are definitely pushing higher this time.

Sadly I only need yellow Thor covers (4/2/5), so it's really top ten or bust for me on this one.