Cage Match June 11 - June 13 (Season 2)

Comments

• Ain't Wolvie from 20thCF as well as all the X-Men? Based on this, I find this argument invalid icon_e_wink.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Nah, X-Men are way too popular to be treated that way, but FF are not.
  • Why does it feel like this event is going to be a blood bath? I have had someone in my bracket above 800 since last night. Being that I am still making the 2* to 3* conversion, it is going to be hard to make top 10 for the LT covers (which I need desperately). Is anyone else noticing people having above average scores at this point in the tourney compared to recent ones?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    Why does it feel like this event is going to be a blood bath? I have had someone in my bracket above 800 since last night. Being that I am still making the 2* to 3* conversion, it is going to be hard to make top 10 for the LT covers (which I need desperately). Is anyone else noticing people having above average scores at this point in the tourney compared to recent ones?
    Yeah it's like someone flipped a switch and suddenly almost everyone is at 1000 already. I guess that's taking out some frustration from PVE on some PVP brawls.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Yeah it's like someone flipped a switch and suddenly almost everyone is at 1000 already. I guess that's taking out some frustration from PVE on some PVP brawls.

Or it could be people saw the season scores and went "holy tinykitty!!!! I need to grind like crazy to get a decent ranking."

I'm expecting a lot of Simulator Attacks this weekend, and over 1000 to make top 10 in this event.
  • Bowgentle
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Or it could be people saw the season scores and went "holy tinykitty!!!! I need to grind like crazy to get a decent ranking."

I'm expecting a lot of Simulator Attacks this weekend, and over 1000 to make top 10 in this event.
    I think most of the people who get 1000+ routinely have set their point targets per PVP at the start of the season and are sticking to that. If any extra points will be needed, we'll try to get them in shield training.
    Training and the final PVP ending at the same time will be as brutal as last season, though.
  • Lazy Thor as reward = I won't be getting anywhere near Top 50. icon_razz.gif Guess I'll at least try to get the 300 point Bagman token Progress Reward.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, this tournament is going to be pretty grueling. People shielding at 900+ already, and I see hailmary hiding at the bottom of my bracket
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    my bracket has someone at 907 shielded....though it's not gonna be as brutal as the last PVP for the season....that's gonna be the bloodbath to end all bloodbaths
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Bowgentle wrote:

I think most of the people who get 1000+ routinely have set their point targets per PVP at the start of the season and are sticking to that. If any extra points will be needed, we'll try to get them in shield training.
    Training and the final PVP ending at the same time will be as brutal as last season, though.

I try to go for 1000 points in each pvp. It doesn't always happen, but that's my initial goal. We're in the same bracket this go around...I'm lurking down in the grease trap...
  • my bracket has someone at 907 shielded....though it's not gonna be as brutal as the last PVP for the season....that's gonna be the bloodbath to end all bloodbaths
    It will also be a Storm event where everyone and their mother will want to get the 1100 cover... Yeah, that one will be really ugly.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    I beg to differ... Storm aint nowhere near Laken, LCap or LThor for people to trample to get her featured cover...
    Some people of course will still do it
  • I don't know. People were upset about the Storm covers and how rediculous the PVE was. Either she will be featured or the reward. Either way... that event is going to be horrible.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    For some reason my entire top 10 is shielded already and that includes the guy in 10th at 695 pts! I guess he just wants to shield hop from here to the end? Do people routinely put up shields this early just to protect a modest amount of points?
  • Bowgentle
    mohio wrote:
    For some reason my entire top 10 is shielded already and that includes the guy in 10th at 695 pts! I guess he just wants to shield hop from here to the end? Do people routinely put up shields this early just to protect a modest amount of points?
    Some do.
    It just cracks me up to see people with 141s doing it at 700 points, because they really should know better.
    But each to his own.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    mohio wrote:
    Do people routinely put up shields this early just to protect a modest amount of points?

I don't do it routinely, but I did shield this morning because I'm not going to have a chance to play again until tomorrow, when it'll be less than 8 hours left to go and I'll have a short window of time to rack up points before I start getting the tinykitty beat out of me by higher-level teams. I want to at least keep the points I already have.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    weirdly enough, i dont find there is much activity in this pvp.. i stay unshielded the whole night at 700 pts and no one attacked me.. i make a climb for 2-3 hours (no shield hop) up to 1050 pts and i ve been attacked only once.. i wondered if the servers are wonky or if my maxed hulk/sentry/patch team is working its magic..
  • Bowgentle
    weirdly enough, i dont find there is much activity in this pvp.. i stay unshielded the whole night at 700 pts and no one attacked me.. i make a climb for 2-3 hours (no shield hop) up to 1050 pts and i ve been attacked only once.. i wondered if the servers are wonky or if my maxed hulk/sentry/patch team is working its magic..
    I wouldn't touch that team with a 10-foot-pole if there are easier targets available.
    Although with Patch/CMags it doesn't really matter.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I wouldn't touch that team with a 10-foot-pole if there are easier targets available.
    Although with Patch/CMags it doesn't really matter.
    thats what i thought.. with all the cmag/patch teams roaming around, i expected to be crushed..
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    My apologies if this is not the correct thread to ask this.

Is tanking still viable? I'm facing multiple 141 teams. Its kicking my butt and i only have a single 141 character. Ran my score up to 500 and put a tank team in for this PvP. Waste of time?

Thanks.