Magnetic Mayhem - June 8 - 10

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I think the devs forgot that they released a character named Human Torch.
    exactly... until the char is buffed now in this pve, if not a lot of people would had forgotten him. I personally quite liked him too.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe the Human Torch cover rarity isn't due to D3 or Demiurge?

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/06/10/ ... ual#!XkfQv
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I think the devs forgot that they released a character named Human Torch.
    I think, they give him in season 3 icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Guess this is a prime example how people can get different experiences depending on what group they end up in. I don't get hit "that" much in PvP these days, but in this event I go to sleep and wake up having been slapped around loads and tons of points. Long old slog when facing Mags to get back up as well.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I'm not getting hit that often but I'm really struggling in this one - I'm losing one in every three matches or just barely winning. It's really slowing me down.
  • Unknown
    Options
    had crazy luck over the night.. usually i get to like 600 the night before the event ends and then push during the last 6-7 hours.. this morning i wake up and expect something like -100 to -200 and I see +240, I think that was the biggest winning streak I got from defending .. ever
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, thanks Twysta icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    if you were worth 1 more point i should have reached 1100, now im at 1099 icon_redface.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sandrek23 wrote:
    had crazy luck over the night.. usually i get to like 600 the night before the event ends and then push during the last 6-7 hours.. this morning i wake up and expect something like -100 to -200 and I see +240, I think that was the biggest winning streak I got from defending .. ever

Wow, impressive... My best streak was +56. Just out of curiosity what team did you put on defense?
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i thought a maxed cmag/sentry/hood team would have given me some def wins.. i ve been beaten up pretty bad yesterday while unshielded.. oh well.. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    i thought a maxed cmag/sentry/hood team would have given me some def wins.. i ve been beaten up pretty bad yesterday while unshielded.. oh well.. icon_mrgreen.gif

Yea, I saw you were over 1000 for awhile and then a few hours later you were in the mid-900's.

I find that running with Patch/Cmags/Hulk or Patch/Cmags/Hood .. you can lose one or even two characters and still come back and win.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Try sentry+LD
    although hood is nasty with 553 cmag
  • Unknown
    Options
    I hit you once. Tasty, tasty points. Retaliate against me, if you want to.
  • franckynight
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:

Yea, I saw you were over 1000 for awhile and then a few hours later you were in the mid-900's.

I find that running with Patch/Cmags/Hulk or Patch/Cmags/Hood .. you can lose one or even two characters and still come back and win.
    i was a bit too greedy.. i try to make 3 fights in one of my hop.. i lost the 3rd fight and i ve been hit for 75 pts... lol.. pretty bad move.. 100 pts lost.. icon_mrgreen.gif
    in fact im tired of the cmag/patch combo.. i try to find some new line up.. have a little more fun than using the mandatory cmag/patch team..
    @grazzt i tried sentry+LD but the result have not been better.. seems hulk is more of a deterent.. next time i try sentry/hulk/buffed..
  • franckynight
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I hit you once. Tasty, tasty points. Retaliate against me, if you want to.
    i skipped.. not enough juicy..lol
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grazzt wrote:
    Well, thanks Twysta icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    if you were worth 1 more point i should have reached 1100, now im at 1099 icon_redface.gif

You can thank that Water whatever his name guy that appears to be using a match trainer for beating me 3 times with his hawkeye, mid level hulk and mags. icon_evil.gif
    Otherwise I'd probably had more points! icon_cry.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was feeling the same Francky so I ran with LT & Hood in this one. Tried switching to hulk & LT first night but still got hit
  • Unknown
    Options
    So I just recently started playing and I had a few questions. If anyone would be so kind as to help out a noob, it would be much appreciated.

1. Are there multiple ladders for these events? I've got twice the amount of points as one of my buddies and he's ranked 35 and I'm like 145. If there are ladders, does anyone know how they are determined?
    2. How do you determine what your defense team is?
    3. I see you guys talking about attacking each other, is that just because you got randomly matched or is there a way to target and attack people?
  • Unknown
    Options
    1. random, as you enter your first battle you are put into bracket that is being filled up
    2. the last team you won a battle with
    3. randomly matched
  • Unknown
    Options
    Anyone need an 890 score to help get the allicance cover??? Looking to switch quickly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    God dammit. Decided to try playing a little bit to at least get some Iso-8 or something. I actually start getting fair matches, but I keep getting these stupid games where the computer knows exactly what's going to drop onto the board and gets these obnoxious cascades. I don't know what the hell to do anymore...