Magnetic Mayhem - June 8 - 10

Options

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am running the same team and actually did this earlier entirely on accident. I thought, "oh I'll just get in 2 stuns/drains" but then hit the wrong button. Insta-killing one guy and leaving mostly blue and 20+ AP for magneto with some strike tiles around just made it elementary to finish up. Also a blue molotov cocktail tile really threw me off, I guess I thought it made them all basic tiles or something.

As an aside - I'm not sure OBW is doing enough for me since my Mags is high enough to tank blue. Am I better off running 130 LC or 128 LT in her place? The occasional heal to keep me full for more fights is nice, but half the time I spam Mags blue and never use it. I can still usually get off one or two ARs though, so it's not like she's dead weight. I dunno.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    a 128 LT? Dear god yes. She is an incredible liability in pvp
  • Unknown
    Options
    Do you guys thinking lvl 117 BP or max Punisher is a better option?

Running a max cmag + max LT + BP / Punisher.

Many thanks
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jeffip wrote:
    Do you guys thinking lvl 117 BP or max Punisher is a better option?

Running a max cmag + max LT + BP / Punisher.

Many thanks
    Punisher.

BP/LT are wayyyyy too easily shutdown by Hood. At least Punisher will get some Molotovs in.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Funny thing happened to me

Got mags purple from a standard token from thick as thieves now my c mags is only with one red and one purple

So I will be switching between my mags and loaner to try to get the mayhem coin
  • peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Similar question for team opinions: Lv117 Hulk or Max Punisher?

I'm using a lv131 Patch and a CMags that's buffed to around 90. Patch is currently tanking all colors except black and blue.

I've been using Hulk so far as "insurance" over all enemy damage, as his anger could feed Patch's green, as well as taking advantage of existing Patch strike tiles.

Punisher would provide some quick offense, but I'd lose Hulk's nice defense.

Should I stay with Hulk or make a switch to Punisher? Which team would you rather not face?
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Hulk would concern me more than the Punisher. I've faced a bunch of maxed Punishers by now, despite running a team that maxes out (currently) at 101, and the AI just doesn't know how to use him. That being said, Magneto being boosted means Hulk is less scary than usual in this PVP, since his purple an a favorable board might still one-shot Hulk.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Reached the 1100 mark and shielded up for the remainder of the event so if anyone wants the xforce, i wont contest it.

Also, thanks to all who didnt hit me. That was the smoothest run i have had till 1100 yet.
    Also, sorry if i hit you. There is no way i can know all your names.

I do know that i skipped you morgh like 10 times though.
    Stop showing up so damned much! icon_twisted.gif
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah if I aint going for 1100 you can all hit on me without any second thought... I only am missing a yellow Patch now, so I shielded for the 24 hours at 915 ;-p
    Don't really care for season placement

AND - do hit me - I don't mind unless it's 8 times in a row ^_^
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    AND - do hit me - I don't mind unless it's 8 times in a row ^_^
    On that note, anyone in Armando's bracket want to tell me when he's unshielded? I need to know, for, uh, reasons icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Went in to this needing one patch green, and one patch yellow to make him 3/5/5. Wasn't looking likely to get the green since my alliance hasn't really been feeling PVP lately, and we're sort of down a pair.

While doing some essentials this morning I grabbed a single standard token... Patch green! He's now sitting pretty at 128 and I shouldn't have much difficulty hitting top 50 (I'm in Jozier's bracket and 12th with like 600, and usually put up 800+). So I'll finally have a second 141. Huzzah.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meh. Boring tourney. Slogging through all those maxed Mags with Patch, knowing that my team deters absolutely no-one, because CMags, no high point targets... decidedly meh.

Skipped a lot of you guys 'n' gals (and locked).

Hit me if you got me, I'm shielded for the duration.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That was a rather easy climb to 900. Went to 600 or so yesterday, hit once or twice until I came home. Played up to 900, hit twice. Going to play a bit more, but I'm not shielding until ~8 hours out, and just need top 50 (25 for the HP). Won't really try too hard for 1100 since I've only hit it twice and had to shield hop to do so. And my mags is like 3/2/3, so it's not urgent that he gets more covers.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Meh. Boring tourney. Slogging through all those maxed Mags with Patch, knowing that my team deters absolutely no-one, because CMags, no high point targets... decidedly meh.

Skipped a lot of you guys 'n' gals (and locked).

Hit me if you got me, I'm shielded for the duration.
    Thanks, I skipped you too, but I'm open season for anyone who is strong enough, reached 1000 pts and am a happy camper.
    I tanked a little bit because Starfall was a personal bloodbath a little too much even for me, and have only been hit few times in MM, with a couple of defensive wins (one from 141s) to boot! Have been using LT + LD to climb and untank purple/black from Magneto (stupid Mags icon_e_biggrin.gif) and switched to Punisher/Hood at the end which might welcome attacks (?).
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    anybody in the bracket with CaptainAmurika in the lead?
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i have 2 people in my magnetic mayhem and in my season bracket....dammit, buttt it was the easiest climb to 800 ever....till i went to sleep and got hit for 200....but meh
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Man, I'm jealous of all of you who are talking about how easy this event is. I got a wall of 212/141/141 opponents right from the start (this after deliberately tanking Starfall). My cMags is only boosted to 62, and every team I tried to field got its tinykitty handed to it. Couldn't even make it to 300, my usual cutoff point for tanking. I'm sitting at 163 points now and <em>still</em> getting attacked. Why the heck are people attacking me at this stage, I can't possibly be worth any points to anyone? Oh wait, I know -- because I'm the easiest target in the entire freakin' bracket, that's why.

Sigh. I really needed the Patch yellow, too...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Probably not a coincidence but since I leveled my Hulk and my Patch over 100 matchmaking got pretty hard on me. I only saw a 2* team twice on my way up to 600 and they also had a pretty boosted CMag. All teams are over 100 and some of them have a 141, a few have two.

I could handle the brackets of death once in a while if I didn't have to punch above my weight so much. If this keeps up, and I expect it will according to what I've been reading in the forums, pvp just got a lot less fun for me. icon_neutral.gif
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it really makes it easy when his pink can take out literally any character in the game with only 10 red/blue tiles on the board.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @treats and @locked - hit both of you few times cos there weren't many matches with over 20 pts for me. Those that do have maxed Hulk or Hood. Too lazy for those matches icon_e_sad.gif