Introducing the Anniversary Pass and F.A.Q.

13»

Comments

• King_Koopa54326
    King_Koopa54326 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In

So I maxed out the anniversary tree a few days ago and it's going on for 2 more weeks. Any reason to continue?

Also, we didn't get a new daily vault for the month today?

• cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 405 Mover and Shaker

I completed all the SXP Anniversary Pass quests last week and I know people have brought this up, but is there ANY CHANCE, that there can even be a measley reward for each 1000SXP gained past the final rewards? Otherwise, I have daily quests (about 28 left) and weekly quests (about 6 left) that are just there.

And I know I don't have to do them, but there are some folks who like to 100% games and this will claw at us, haha.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,425 Chairperson of the Boards

How about a giveaway every 1000 pts gives you one ticket after level 50

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,223 Chairperson of the Boards

How did a lot of you finish last week? I've been doing all the quests and am just finishing up today. Were there other quests that gave xp?

• rg72
    rg72 Posts: 117 Tile Toppler

Pretty much my entire alliance has given up with anything that awards SXP now as they completed the quests, so not worth carrying on. Even if you got 500 ISO instead of the 1000SXP it would be something

• MPQBlaine
    MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 169 Tile Toppler

@Scofie said:

@EienRyuu said:
    I kinda want to ask the following thing - if I manage to get ALL the rewards on the left side or the free tier, do I get the rewards on the right side if I use HP to unlock it??
    Or do I need to gain again XP from the quests?? The FAQ doesn't really explain it...

One for @MPQBlaine I think. Or just press the button and find out... 🫣

Yes! If you unlocked the Battle Pass at any point of progress, you would be able to obtain every Premium Reward up to the tier you’ve already reached.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 790 Critical Contributor

Have to say it’s really disappointing to have no separate season quest, those of us who have already completed the pass have no goals to aim for, there should at least be an alternative value for the season points that are not used. If you get costumes you already have you get a trade in. If you already have a 5* support you get extra points. Why can’t there be something for this .

I will still try and clear them every day as I like to complete everything I can as a challenge and keeps the game alive for me

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,342 Chairperson of the Boards

@turbomoose said:
    Have to say it’s really disappointing to have no separate season quest, those of us who have already completed the pass have no goals to aim for, there should at least be an alternative value for the season points that are not used. If you get costumes you already have you get a trade in. If you already have a 5* support you get extra points. Why can’t there be something for this .

I will still try and clear them every day as I like to complete everything I can as a challenge and keeps the game alive for me

I think sequencing the Quests might have been better - we worked to do X-Men and Anniversary quests together and they both ended at roughly the same time for me, so I think I feel the gap more.

It is the first time they've run the pass system though, so I'd expect them to take feedback like this on board for next time.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 October 2024, 12:24

In a way it’s funny that last year they ran the second Quandary simultaneously with a PVE, maximizing content to play, and this year they have created a gap in the quests after 6 months, resulting in a reduction of engaging content for highly engaged players.

I assume anyone who was chasing quests previously has finished the season pass by now.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,947 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 October 2024, 13:52

Players: I hate that I have to play everyday in order to get all the rewards in the seasonal vaults. They should build in some slack for missed days.

Also players: I hate that I’m earning points that I can’t use for Anniversary Quests. These should count for something.

You really can’t please everyone when it comes to stuff like this.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,145 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 October 2024, 15:14

@Daredevil217 said:

• Players: I hate that I have to play everyday in order to get all the rewards in the seasonal vaults. They should build in some slack for missed days.

Also players: I hate that I’m earning points that I can’t use for Anniversary Quests. These should count for something.

Mod edit - please don't single out other posters

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,762 Chairperson of the Boards

@Daredevil217 said:
    Players: I hate that I have to play everyday in order to get all the rewards in the seasonal vaults. They should build in some slack for missed days.

If I knew there’d be a 4 week gap in season vault quests I might have completely ignored the season pass quests until now.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,425 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 October 2024, 15:14

@DAZ0273 said:

@Daredevil217 said:

• Players: I hate that I have to play everyday in order to get all the rewards in the seasonal vaults. They should build in some slack for missed days.

More then me but they don't want to admit it cause they know they be attacked for speaken up

None says you have to do the quest so once you hit level 50 it's your choice to do them

Simple way to make all happy

Put all 80 quest out as seasonal so you can complete them when you want

Used to be pissed when I missed a seasonal goal and now a chance I could miss out on one of the ascended

But the more you look at it I now figure who gives a flying **** if you get them or not . If you don't have another ascended it's going to takes months or years to ever use it to make a 5

This game really needs a make over badly
    Used to go from 4 clears 3 times a day in pve.. 5000 min in pvp

Down to 4 clears on easy nodes 3and 4000 pts pvp

Now lucky to make 4000 pts per pve and 2500 pts pvp

Who says the season vault is coming back

Who do we know if the season pass thing is what will replace the vault. Maybe that is why it didn't come back

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker

The anniversary pass was worth the HP spent on it. But it was a bad experiment. I'm sure there was some thought put into how many levels the pass had so that there was a good amount of rewards but not too many that casual players would struggle to complete the whole pass. But now many dedicated players are getting nothing for half a season of their anniversary quests.

Compared to what would normally be here, going on the last few months, would be daily and weekly quests that awarded tokens to a seasonal vault, the season pass was a total bust. Especially since there were two really good seasonal vaults that quests could have been linked to for anniversary.

Anniversary pass XP could have rewarded in quandary event and zombies vs MPQ event progression. It just seems really backwards which rewards were tied into which events.

This anniversary in general really struggled to figure out a good balance for vaults and tokens. Barely any temptation to spend my HP, let alone spending any real world dollars.