Introducing the Anniversary Pass and F.A.Q.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,145 Chairperson of the Boards

TL; DR - Do stuff, get stuff.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    edited 5 October 2024, 09:00

@Hellblazer666 said:

@slidecage said:

@KGB said:

@nwahs086 said:

@LavaManLee said:
    How does one actually gain "points"? It might just be me but I don't understand what one has to do to gain "points" that go towards the overall event.

Anniversary Quests

Also using characters that give bonus points (cover swaps, special costumes etc).

I've already collected up to R8 after day 1.

KGB

Way too much stuff going on now. You got seasonal quest and now this. 4 quest you must get done daily 6 weekly quest and tons of monthly .hopefully we won't see get 50 of strongest color

At least the zombie one there are more then enough pts to finish it and miss daily

Something seasonal vault should do. 49 pulls and still no ascended this month.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

they changed the 50 in strongest color to 10 in strongest color. but I agree having Anniversary stuff and To Me My X-men stuff at the same time is a lot

I didn't see that one as such a big issue. It's the 'win 15 missions with...' that I wish was reduced. I don't generally play 15 missions in one day let alone want to use the same character in all of them. Sure, it's not hard to do if I want, but it becomes boring if I'm doing easy missions just for that purpose.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,425 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 5 October 2024, 20:28

@Hellblazer666 said:

@slidecage said:

@KGB said:

@nwahs086 said:

@LavaManLee said:
    How does one actually gain "points"? It might just be me but I don't understand what one has to do to gain "points" that go towards the overall event.

Anniversary Quests

Also using characters that give bonus points (cover swaps, special costumes etc).

KGB

Way too much stuff going on now. You got seasonal quest and now this. 4 quest you must get done daily 6 weekly quest and tons of monthly .hopefully we won't see get 50 of strongest color

At least the zombie one there are more then enough pts to finish it and miss daily

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

they changed the 50 in strongest color to 10 in strongest color. but I agree having Anniversary stuff and To Me My X-men stuff at the same time is a lot

Do they get paid for people logging in daily ?

I mean why not make something where all 80 X-Men quest could show up at once ..or is there something on the game engine that does not allow it

I still would like to see the seasonal be like this pass. Where even if you miss a few days you still get all rewards . I know there is skip the line but won't pay 10 bucks for 10 pulls

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,703 Chairperson of the Boards

@slidecage said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

@slidecage said:

@KGB said:

@nwahs086 said:

@LavaManLee said:

Anniversary Quests

KGB

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

I mean why not make something where all 80 X-Men quest could show up at once ..or is there something on the game engine that does not allow it

I still would like to see the seasonal be like this pass. Where even if you miss a few days you still get all rewards . I know there is skip the line but won't pay 10 bucks for 10 pulls

If playing the game is too much work, why do you even want the rewards? What are you going to do with them?

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,805 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

If playing the game is too much work, why do you even want the rewards? What are you going to do with them?

As amazing as this might seem, not everyone has the time in their life to spend 2 hours per day playing a match 3 game. But you know that you just wanted to push your agenda again that anyone that doesn't want to grind the hell out of a match 3 game should just quit because they hate the game.

Any chance you could give it a rest?

• entrailbucket

@Tony_Foot said:

@entrailbucket said:

As amazing as this might seem, not everyone has the time in their life to spend 2 hours per day playing a match 3 game. But you know that you just wanted to push your agenda again that anyone that doesn't want to grind the hell out of a match 3 game should just quit because they hate the game.

There's a pretty wide gap between grinding for 2 hours a day and not wanting to open the game to do a few matches every day. This player keeps complaining because "do 10 matches" is excessive -- nobody is asking them to grind for 2 hours.

• entrailbucket
    edited 6 October 2024, 18:47

@DAZ0273 said:

@Tony_Foot said:

@entrailbucket said:

The guy is and has stated that he is "too lazy" to do stuff. You can check it out on this very site. I don't see how that is any agenda from Entrailbucket - the guy literally whines everyday but has **** all intention of putting any effort in, so " what are you even doing then?" seems the most reasonable question I can think of.

Unfortunately the other poster was right!

This is actually all an evil plot on my part -- I'm pushing a nefarious "agenda" by asking folks why they continue to play a game that they seem to get no enjoyment from.

(I may have been a little aggressive or jumped to that question a little early with some other folks, but this poster is honestly such a mystery to me. Yes, I've questioned players who seemingly don't like the game in the past -- but I have literally never seen a player who thinks opening the game is "too much work.")

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 6 October 2024, 20:12

To address the question of "do they get paid for people logging in daily?".

The game is a live service game. We have no idea of the various contracts and terms for, say, paying Marvel a licensing fee to continue using their characters, and the agreement between the publisher and the developer (I feel confident in thinking that there is some kind of ongoing renewal of the arrangement between 505 and BCS).

In any case, it is safe to assume that the game's various KPIs are constantly being assessed and measured (how many new players? how many abandoned accounts? how much revenue? how much time are currently active accounts playing? how much are they spending?) as part of an ongoing evaluation of things like how much time the game developers spend on some areas vs others, how much to pay at contract renewals, etc etc.

It is absolutely true, in my opinion, that the quests were introduced to induce more engagement among active accounts. Obviously we have had daily quests for some time, and the last Anniversary had their quests. I believe there were others before then for community challenges and things.

It is likely that the additional quests at anniversary last year and for prior challenges saw players playing more, and possibly more players playing. And so now we have the season vault's quests, which are seemingly permanent, and probably will see the pass quests continuing as well.

More, or even the same, players playing the game more for these quests is a thing that the developers want to see for many reasons.

A last note: the season vault's contents are significantly more valuable than what you get from playing the rest of the game on average (particularly for time spent -> rewards) and thus it must be true that they highly value a small-ish increase in engagement which doesn't feel like it imposes an overwhelmingly high requirement onto casual-ish players.

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 177 Tile Toppler

honestly I would love it if all the get 60 of X color would be up at once so we could just knock those slogs out early and be done for the month of them

• slidecage

@entrailbucket said:

@slidecage said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

@slidecage said:

@KGB said:

@nwahs086 said:

@LavaManLee said:

Anniversary Quests

KGB

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Just stare at them and wonder why I wasted so much time in this game when it goes belly up 😂

• slidecage
    edited 9 October 2024, 17:23

@entrailbucket said:

@Tony_Foot said:

@entrailbucket said:

There's a pretty wide gap between grinding for 2 hours a day and not wanting to open the game to do a few matches every day. This player keeps complaining because "do 10 matches" is excessive -- nobody is asking them to grind for 2 hours.

I get flagged for my post but people can come out and attack me personally talk about some major bull **** there

I never complain about make 10 matches it was ,50

Also I ask this cause what if you get sick someone in family has problems . Internet down . Phone not working have to work and forget to log in ect
    and you can't log in every day to play this game

They made extra quest for season pass . They even said any points you get past rank 50 you get nothing

So why can't they make extra quest in seasonal . I know I will never pay 10 bucks for 2 ascended and 8 **** rewards

They could very easy push the weekly out to 4 or 5 per week given people 4 or 8 extra mission in case something comes up

Asked if the system will not allow it or I think it's just a money grab

So just cause something comes up and can't play that day there is a chance I can miss the two best rewards unless I pay them 10 bucks to skip the line

Not sure about rest but I don't get a handout every month paying my bills from the government

I asked a **** simple question that why couldn't they just make all of the 80 quest monthly so you can do them at your own time .. do they get more cash for people logging in daily

But you make it personal

Like I said I get a flag for my kitty post but personal attacks like this they turn a blind eye to

Like I said before will happen did and next year when all hell is breaking loose and people crying I say told you ..those with their hands out will just get more

If Post is edit don't give a flying ****

it all

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 817 Critical Contributor

Hey hey!!!
    I've been in Reno for 6 weeks did I miss anything

Hahaha ha ooohhh

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker

I missed the days of HoundofShadow. You never really know you are in the good times until they pass you by. I will take that over what been happening the last few months.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,397 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Hey hey!!!
    I've been in Reno for 6 weeks did I miss anything

Hahaha ha ooohhh

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. Condolences on a trip to Reno

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker

I have never skipped a single day since I picked up the game and started playing. I am sure if I would ever skip a day, I would realize how easy it is to not play, or to skip another day. I’m sure those who’ve taken breaks from this game can confirm this. The Devs have a huge (huge!) reason to incentivize you to log in every single day. They would hurt their own business model if they didn’t.

• entrailbucket

That escalated quickly!

The only posts I've ever flagged on here were for obvious, totally unrelated spam. Anybody remember the Fitted Kitchens guy from the early days?

• EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 82 Match Maker

I kinda want to ask the following thing - if I manage to get ALL the rewards on the left side or the free tier, do I get the rewards on the right side if I use HP to unlock it??
    Or do I need to gain again XP from the quests?? The FAQ doesn't really explain it...

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,342 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 17 October 2024, 11:10

@EienRyuu said:
    I kinda want to ask the following thing - if I manage to get ALL the rewards on the left side or the free tier, do I get the rewards on the right side if I use HP to unlock it??
    Or do I need to gain again XP from the quests?? The FAQ doesn't really explain it...

One for @MPQBlaine I think. Or just press the button and find out... 🫣