What's New MPQ - August 2024 (Updated 08/27/24)

Comments

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

@entrailbucket said:

@Zalasta said:
    Wouldn’t this movie tie in have been an opportunity for a 5-star update to make OML great again?

I have no idea what they can do to fix him.

If they restored him to where we was pre-nerf, he'd still be among the very worst 5* in the game.

He needs a complete do-over at this point.

They CAN do that though. I don't remember what the old magneto did but his powers got completely redone I believe.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,557 Chairperson of the Boards

@Seph1roth5 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Zalasta said:
    Wouldn’t this movie tie in have been an opportunity for a 5-star update to make OML great again?

I have no idea what they can do to fix him.

If they restored him to where we was pre-nerf, he'd still be among the very worst 5* in the game.

He needs a complete do-over at this point.

They CAN do that though. I don't remember what the old magneto did but his powers got completely redone I believe.

Yeah, I was more responding to the (fairly common) idea that undoing the OML nerf would make him usable again.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,372 Chairperson of the Boards

Here's the OML Buff: https://marvelpuzzlequest.com/characters/wolverine-old-man-logan/

General numbers update, no more transformation mechanic, and no more turn end on black

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 275 Mover and Shaker

That is a massive upgrade

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

Wow, nice buff. He should work well with Polaris and the right supports.

• Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

Some meaty damage in there. Hopefully can get some use from him again

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,068 Chairperson of the Boards

That OML update is pretty much what I asked for so nice.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 14 August 2024, 15:10

That's a huge upgrade. It might be the best one ever done to a character at any tier!

The Yellow AOE might be the only one in the tier and he keeps the healing aspect (8K a turn if he has 2 allies). It also got me thinking that when you face an enemy OML if you bring your own OML you might want to bring Electro so that she can reduce the enemy AOE and generate Yellow for your OML's AOE.

Also realized you can get 6 strike tiles on turn 0 with the right partner (some of these new characters like Darkveil and Jamie Madrox can fire powers on turn 0 that don't require any AP and do nothing but will trigger his strike production). Sure he takes a bit of damage but he can heal that back fast.

KGB

• Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

Wonder is there will be a store following his rebalance. Would be tempted to spend some cp.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,677 Chairperson of the Boards

They have historically never done a cp store for rebalanced 5s. They’ll have a chain cash offer with the costume and covers you can buy.

The Anniversary might include OML in the CP store. But probably not.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards

The Hotpool new character cp store had oml and prof x in. Might have been nice if oml had been rebalanced before the store went away, or if we had at least been given the preview so that people would know that this store might have been worth spending on.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,677 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 15 August 2024, 17:02

The 8/15 PVP has been revealed as House of X, an all X-men boost list.

EDIT: it seems to be a Mutant boost list as it includes villains. Get ready for a whole lot of Omega Red/Colossus matches.

So we still don't know the official boost list for this week until the next PVP is up, or they tell us.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards

Wow, they actually brought back one of the off season pvp's. Now, will the boosted characters have the god boost or will they have the 10 lvl baby boost that offseason pvp's used to have?

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler

There's no Mind Season banner on the top of House of X. Hopefully it is or I won't be able to hit 10000.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 85 Match Maker

Another day, another stupid puzzle gauntlet setting... it says 'prevent all other damages dealt by allies', so that only applies to players but not the AI? That's freaking double standard... though they did re-enable 4* Gamora's insta-kill, so there's that... but still... :|

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 618 Critical Contributor

@MrPlow said:
    There's no Mind Season banner on the top of House of X. Hopefully it is or I won't be able to hit 10000.

It's part of the banner from the event file I see.

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 65 Match Maker

@S0kun said:

@MrPlow said:

I have not received any Mind Season points from House of X wins so it looks like it isn't included in the Season.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 231 Tile Toppler

@samael64 said:

@S0kun said:

@MrPlow said:

I have not received any Mind Season points from House of X wins so it looks like it isn't included in the Season.

would be a bug, my points counted without issue.

hint : presence in season is visible with the globe at the bottom

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 65 Match Maker

@pepitedechocolat said:

@samael64 said:

@S0kun said:

@MrPlow said:

would be a bug, my points counted without issue.

hint : presence in season is visible with the globe at the bottom

Looks like whatever it was has been fixed. No Season points for the first five wins, received Season points for the sixth win.