What's New MPQ - August 2024 (Updated 08/27/24)

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,372 Chairperson of the Boards

@Zalasta said:
    Wouldn’t this movie tie in have been an opportunity for a 5-star update to make OML great again?

According to Discord, that is exactly what's happening

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,677 Chairperson of the Boards

Rebalances always happen at the same time (the big one, at least, although we saw some numbers bumps for the Runaways a while ago at a different time). It releases the same day as the boss which is the final weekend of the PVP season. This time that's next Thursday, Aug 15. So while it would make sense to upend the schedule a bit, to tie more closely to the movie, it's also probably true that the devs' project plan doesn't allow for much flexibility while still getting everything done with character releases and costumes and updating events with new rewards etc, etc. That said, the whole season is the Deadpool and Wolverine season so I guess it's all part of it.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,557 Chairperson of the Boards

@Zalasta said:
    Wouldn’t this movie tie in have been an opportunity for a 5-star update to make OML great again?

I have no idea what they can do to fix him.

If they restored him to where we was pre-nerf, he'd still be among the very worst 5* in the game.

He needs a complete do-over at this point.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,154 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@Zalasta said:

If they restored him to where we was pre-nerf, he'd still be among the very worst 5* in the game.

He's supposed to be weak since he's nearing the end of his life (esp as it relates to the movie). So it fits the character that he'd be weaker than other versions of himself or other Marvel characters in general.

But it would be nice if they at least restored him to pre-nerf levels and gave him modern match/health numbers.

KGB

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 870 Critical Contributor

Of course they can, it's why we got a 3* corporate character.

• entrailbucket

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Zalasta said:

He's supposed to be weak since he's nearing the end of his life (esp as it relates to the movie). So it fits the character that he'd be weaker than other versions of himself or other Marvel characters in general.

But it would be nice if they at least restored him to pre-nerf levels and gave him modern match/health numbers.

KGB

BTW, it's worth pointing out that the OML "nerf" reduced his healing pretty significantly, but also pretty significantly increased the damage on all of his abilities. Restoring him to his pre-nerf form would increase his healing (better, but not terribly useful in today's metagame) but (somehow?) actually reduce the damage he does.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,068 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Zalasta said:

KGB

Forgive me if I don't get excited about a 5* character who's designed to be useless because of lore.

Many of the strongest characters in this game are relatively weak in lore, and many of the very strongest in lore are weak in MPQ. The devs can do whatever they want -- it's their game.

First thing get rid of his ridiculous end of turn condition. Second ramp up his damage when he is transformed - THAT is where his power is supposed to lie, he has no reason to hold back any longer so he should do absolutely devastating damage in this form, I would even add on a possibility for an insta-kill on one of his moves. He should be feared. He obviously also needs match damage and health boost.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 618 Critical Contributor

Next week's boost list + Annihilus (Classic) / SHARP DRESSED: Wolverine (Patch) PVP rewards.

• entrailbucket

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Zalasta said:

KGB

Forgive me if I don't get excited about a 5* character who's designed to be useless because of lore.

Many of the strongest characters in this game are relatively weak in lore, and many of the very strongest in lore are weak in MPQ. The devs can do whatever they want -- it's their game.

First thing get rid of his ridiculous end of turn condition. Second ramp up his damage when he is transformed - THAT is where his power is supposed to lie, he has no reason to hold back any longer so he should do absolutely devastating damage in this form, I would even add on a possibility for an insta-kill on one of his moves. He should be feared. He obviously also needs match damage and health boost.

I'd probably ditch the transformation gimmick entirely, or just make it ludicrously easy to achieve. Look at what they did with Banner.

• bluewolf

The dialogue scenes in this repeat run of DPWvMPQ remain confusing as it still appears the places we should see Wolverine, we don’t.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 793 Critical Contributor

In fairness they have come up with at least 15 new sentences for this pve, which as you know makes it completely new.
    Stop being ungrateful.
    Unbelievable.

• DAZ0273

It wont let me join Deadpool v MPQ this morning, I think the game might be telling us something...

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 618 Critical Contributor

New boss event "An Educated Wish", Colossus PVP and DDQ info posted! Cheers!

• bluewolf

The calendar lists the same PvP twice in a row on the 25th and the 27th. For 4 Nova? Seems weird to me. Some kind of typo, I assume.

• bluewolf

@Zalasta said:

Wait 5 more days and we’ll see what they do with the rebalance for (probably him).

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 793 Critical Contributor

OML regenerates 50 health more than he did before!
    His black no longer ends his turn but now costs 30ap!
    His yellow is absolutely fine and is unaltered!

Let's see how far off I am

• DAZ0273

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    OML regenerates 50 health more than he did before!
    His black no longer ends his turn but now costs 30ap!
    His yellow is absolutely fine and is unaltered!

Let's see how far off I am

Or they could make him even more accurate:

OML takes a nap, regenerate X health
    OML can't find the TV controls - end of turn
    OML can't believe these **** kids are on his lawn, he transforms from sleepy to cranky

• bluewolf

You forgot the “OML finds his glasses and can do double damage now” move.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,346 Chairperson of the Boards

If the hard stop on his active power went away I think that would help more than it feels like.