June 2024 [REALITY] Seasonal Quests

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards

@Domitronas said:
    Once again the quests are completely imbalanced, in what world is activating India's green 20 times is a daily mission when he's not even boosted atm? I did my daily run of the PvE already so what am I supposed to do, handicap myself by using India vs boosted 600s 5* in PvP and pray I get 8 green before he's AoEd? Or should I use him in simulator vs the likes of mThor/Grocket/Polaris/Juggs etc? I get it it's a spider man themed season, but the mission requirements are just completely imbalanced. You get 30 days to make 50 red matches but 24 hours to activate a specific power of a specific character 20 times? Just weird

I actually like these a lot. Enjoying taking out a rough 3rd character in Shield Sim with Shang-Chi and mThor. Adds a layer of challenge and the rewards are small enough that if one comes up that I really don't feel like doing there isn't too much FOMO since it is just one vault token.

Spiderman India took 5 fights. Wiped a couple of times which added some actual stakes to what is usually just a grind.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards

@Hellblazer666 said:

@Borstock said:
    Replay the PvE nodes and retreat before winning. Don't use the multi-wave node. If you beat the first wave and retreat during the second, it still counts as a clear and you'll lose points.

I did the entire 20 this way. Took about 7 retreats, but not too bad. I found Bill+Polaris an effective team for generating green without taking too much damage yourself.

I used Shuri Cho Hulk with India. Shoot Shuri's red you can make it only 5 green. If you have Shuri's lab you get bonus green and Cho makes green every 2 turns lots of green to fire off.

Didn't think of bringing someone to lower the AP cost. Clever.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

I used spidey-india, 3may, and nick fury (becuase I did it in the pve pre-node where he was required). Used 2 supports that started with green...atlantis and yaro I think? And 1 green boost to help out.

I'd start the match and either use the power turn 1, or if I could make a green match, turn 2. Then I'd retreat after firing the power. May gave everyone HP so I always came out ahead.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor

Today it's make 50 web tiles with Chasm on your team. Not easy when Chasm tanks almost all colors.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards

@Dogface said:
    Today it's make 50 web tiles with Chasm on your team. Not easy when Chasm tanks almost all colors.

Doesn't that make it easier? He hits everything, generates his abyss tiles each hit and generates wen tiles when matched? Plus SM:India for traps and Web spam.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,229 Chairperson of the Boards

I used chasm with sm:india and sm:2099. Easy peasy.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 June 2024, 16:52

I don't want to match I just want to use my aunt and emma team

**** is wrong with my freaking legs

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor

These sorts of quest do the opposite of what I think these quests are intended to do: increase engagement.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

I do wonder why the Mayday fire powers quests we had to fire the more expensive power 20 (I think?) times and the cheap power less? Would that not have made more sense the other way around?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards

I’m just waiting for a quest that makes you use Spider-Woman’s 14 red AP System Shock power 20 times.

If they also require an unascended copy, I’m in trouble….

Look. It seems apparent they wanted to make things harder/give fewer things away.

Which….its their game. They make the playground, and we decide whether we like it enough to hang around or go find other things to do.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

@bluewolf said:

@Dogface said:

Also not easy for players who don't have Chasm rostered. (I am not one of them, but it's an issue for a fair number of players.)

The whole trend towards "use this specific character" is an unwelcome extension from the "need a person from a certain affiliation" requirement.

They should have sold a Chasm cover for 500 HP.

• slidecage

So what is the pita quest today

Pita
    Pain in the **** 😆

• Borstock

@Godzillafan67 said:

@bluewolf said:

@Dogface said:

Also not easy for players who don't have Chasm rostered. (I am not one of them, but it's an issue for a fair number of players.)

The whole trend towards "use this specific character" is an unwelcome extension from the "need a person from a certain affiliation" requirement.

Chasm is a 5*. The 500 HP offers have been for 4* characters. If they sold a Chasm cover for HP, I imagine it would be at least 1000 or even 2000 HP.

• Borstock

@slidecage said:

Pita
    Pain in the **** 😆

Stun 20 foes with Peni Parker in your team

Make X Blue matches (don't remember the number)

Both were pretty easy, tbh.

• slidecage
    edited 5 June 2024, 18:40

@Borstock said:

@slidecage said:

Pita
    Pain in the **** 😆

Stun 20 foes with Peni Parker in your team

Make X Blue matches (don't remember the number)

Both were pretty easy, tbh.

😂 😂 😂 Second there read that fast and go wow this game turned into a sex game. Thought it said
    Stun 20 foes with your pecker 😆

Thanks for info
    Mostly only play between 6 am to 8 am est do never get ti see them till then

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

@Borstock said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

@bluewolf said:

@Dogface said:

Chasm is a 5*. The 500 HP offers have been for 4* characters. If they sold a Chasm cover for HP, I imagine it would be at least 1000 or even 2000 HP.

I sincerely said that with my tongue placed firmly in my cheek. With this season's set of quests, it looks like they're encouraging roster breadth, vault purchases, and vault token purchases for fear of missing out.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker

"With this season's set of quests, it looks like they're encouraging roster breadth, vault purchases, and vault token purchases for fear of missing out."

Agreed, the only thing that seems strange to me is that they didn't try harder to make the prize enticing at the same time they made it harder to obtain.
    Even if they were 100% committed on keeping with the Spider-Man theme, they could simply have put Iron May in and made the vault a must-have - heck, I'd have stopped pulling after getting ascended Iron May even if I didn't have the other character, just to have more tokens to use on 1-in-80 pulls for her after the vault closes.
    Upping the requirements while offering middling prizes seems like a recipe to condition people its actually no biggie to miss out.

Its clear the devs are just experimenting month-on-month though, so I wouldn't wager on July following the same model, or even mixing up the formula again.

• Borstock

@Godzillafan67 said:

@Borstock said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

@bluewolf said:

@Dogface said:

I sincerely said that with my tongue placed firmly in my cheek. With this season's set of quests, it looks like they're encouraging roster breadth, vault purchases, and vault token purchases for fear of missing out.

Ah. Right over my head. Carry on.