NEW Seasonal Vaults

Options

Comments

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Dogface said:
    How would such a merge look like? Let's say you have two accounts both with a champed 5* Kitty around 500. What would that get you on your merged account?

You’d get one account with a 500 Kitty that you can play on both platforms. Merge in this case means you keep the data of one account and lose the data of the other account. You get to pick which.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 April 2024, 00:39
    Options

@Zarqa said:

@Dogface said:
    How would such a merge look like? Let's say you have two accounts both with a champed 5* Kitty around 500. What would that get you on your merged account?

You’d get one account with a 500 Kitty that you can play on both platforms. Merge in this case means you keep the data of one account and lose the data of the other account. You get to pick which.

Yes, this.

The merge/crossplay is meant to keep an existing player around when their platform of choice changes vs putting together a main and an alt.

Also, there aren’t all that many Steam players meaning the potential number of requests is pretty small.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 178 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Dogface said:

Would need someone else to confirm, but, based on my (secondhand) understanding, "merged" is a poor choice of term.

The applicant tells CS what the 2 accounts are, and which account to overwrite onto the other ... mobile over/onto steam, or steam over/onto mobile.

There's no "merging". The reason being to avert exploitation, spread of exploitation, etc.

I guess I shouldn't go into detailed scenarios here :D

So ... unless something has changed ... you would have a single lvl 500 5Kitty. But now the same instance playable on two different platforms.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options

Ah, clear. I can see the possibility of exploitation, but that would take enormous effort. For a possible 'super' account you'd need 2 (I don't think they'd ever 'merge' more accounts) already strong accounts, which takes a lot of effort. The biggest issue I see here would be someone selling their account and the buyer trying to merge that with their own account.

• bluewolf
    Options

@Dogface said:
    Ah, clear. I can see the possibility of exploitation, but that would take enormous effort. For a possible 'super' account you'd need 2 (I don't think they'd ever 'merge' more accounts) already strong accounts, which takes a lot of effort. The biggest issue I see here would be someone selling their account and the buyer trying to merge that with their own account.

Almost every case of making an account eligible for cross-play is a Steam account that they merge with a new mobile account. Obviously being limited to using a computer for playing can be restrictive especially if your life circumstances change or you are traveling, etc.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ah I see...yeah, that's a different thing. Many many years ago, "merge" meant something totally different -- they'd actually break one of the accounts into individual covers, iso, HP etc and then gift it to the other account through CS.

They stopped doing that when folks started buying accounts to merge them into theirs (but not before a bunch of players exploited it!).

• St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@Dogface said:

Almost every case of making an account eligible for cross-play is a Steam account that they merge with a new mobile account. Obviously being limited to using a computer for playing can be restrictive especially if your life circumstances change or you are traveling, etc.

So that means I could create a new mobile account, ask support to overwrite it with my Steam account and then I can play on mobile and Steam both? Playing on a MS Surface convertible with touch screen is imo the best way to play MPQ, but having the option for mobile would be pretty cool.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 April 2024, 18:56
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@Zarqa said:

@Dogface said:

Yes, this.

The merge/crossplay is meant to keep an existing player around when their platform of choice changes vs putting together a main and an alt.

Also, there aren’t all that many Steam players meaning the potential number of requests is pretty small.

Wasn't last time they said steam was 40 percent. Would call that small

Also if it was very small you would think they would of dropped them years ago

I still don't see how it works

If I log into Google play on phone using a Gmail yet use a different email on steam how it would work

• JoeHandle
    Options

@slidecage said:

@bluewolf said:

@Zarqa said:

@Dogface said:

Yes, this.

If I log into Google play on phone using a Gmail yet use a different email on steam how it would work

Presumably the same file is associated with both logins on the MPQ server. That is, all the "work" is on the serverside. Your client on either platform reads from the same file.

• bluewolf
    Options

@slidecage said:

@bluewolf said:

@Zarqa said:

@Dogface said:

Yes, this.

I am not sure what you are saying, unfortunately.

However I just did a little googling and found the following under "Marvel puzzle quest steam stats":

Steamdb.info says there are 353 current players and 472 in the 24 hour peak (and said the all time peak was 3002, 10 years ago)
    vginsights.com says about the same thing - 366 current, 456 24 hour peak
    steamcharts.com says the average over the past few months - well, March showed 309.4 average and 570 peak

I promise you this is not 40% of the player base.....if that's what you were trying to say.

As far as supporting it, I assume they get enough money from this relatively small group of players to make it worthwhile (and that it is relatively easy to do so now that the UI is basically the mobile interface).

Also, some players use Steam to make videos and share with the community. Also also, the devs themselves when posting images or videos of new characters etc are using the Steam version, so maybe they prefer to use it for developing characters and running test builds and hence supporting a smaller group of players is not considered any extra effort, since they are already maintaining it for ease of development.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

Honestly I really like the Daily quests. It's actually what made me return after a few months to a year of inactivity. It's an amazing reward to keep you coming back each day. Additionally, the fomo in this case I feel is well-deserved due to just how good the contents of the vault are. Missing a day means missing very good stuff.

• slidecage
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@slidecage said:

@bluewolf said:

@Zarqa said:

@Dogface said:

Yes, this.

I am not sure what you are saying, unfortunately.

However I just did a little googling and found the following under "Marvel puzzle quest steam stats":

Steamdb.info says there are 353 current players and 472 in the 24 hour peak (and said the all time peak was 3002, 10 years ago)
    vginsights.com says about the same thing - 366 current, 456 24 hour peak
    steamcharts.com says the average over the past few months - well, March showed 309.4 average and 570 peak

I promise you this is not 40% of the player base.....if that's what you were trying to say.

As far as supporting it, I assume they get enough money from this relatively small group of players to make it worthwhile (and that it is relatively easy to do so now that the UI is basically the mobile interface).

Also, some players use Steam to make videos and share with the community. Also also, the devs themselves when posting images or videos of new characters etc are using the Steam version, so maybe they prefer to use it for developing characters and running test builds and hence supporting a smaller group of players is not considered any extra effort, since they are already maintaining it for ease of development.

Wow didn't know it was that small

If steam went from 3000 down to around 450. What is about an 80 percent plus drop wonder how much it fell in other side

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options

As the April Seasonal Vault, our first seasonal vault, comes to an end, I just want to definitively and unequivocally say, "Thank you." It added spice to the game and gave many nifty awards. My main difficulty lies in my state of play; I score the best possible score to contribute to my alliance, which makes winning X number of games with Y-affiliated characters tough to fit in. But that's a me problem as it is certainly a good choice for a quest. Kudos for all involved!

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Godzillafan67 said:
    As the April Seasonal Vault, our first seasonal vault, comes to an end, I just want to definitively and unequivocally say, "Thank you." It added spice to the game and gave many nifty awards. My main difficulty lies in my state of play; I score the best possible score to contribute to my alliance, which makes winning X number of games with Y-affiliated characters tough to fit in. But that's a me problem as it is certainly a good choice for a quest. Kudos for all involved!

If you use Jugg and Rocket for the trivial nodes, then put an affiliated character in the third slot. Save it as a temporary team and use it during your trivial clears and grinds. This should not slow you down significantly, if at all.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ArchusMonk said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

If you use Jugg and Rocket for the trivial nodes, then put an affiliated character in the third slot. Save it as a temporary team and use it during your trivial clears and grinds. This should not slow you down significantly, if at all.

Speaking about Juggs. Today's event quest was to do 15 quests with Thunderbolt characters on your team. Yet Juggs doesn't work. To make that even more awkward, just look at the cover for Juggs!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,955 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ArchusMonk said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

Or if speed really matters because you are in a competitive PvE alliance you can still play shield sim battles with a required as the 3rd.

KGB

• JoeHandle
    Options

@Dogface said:

@ArchusMonk said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

Speaking about Juggs. Today's event quest was to do 15 quests with Thunderbolt characters on your team. Yet Juggs doesn't work. To make that even more awkward, just look at the cover for Juggs!

1Juggs works and is/was a Thunderbolt. Before the Fear Itself storyline.

4Juggs resembles a temporary variant, Kuurth, Juggs after he picked up a space hammer, and in the Fear Itself storylines ends up fighting the Thunderbolts. That version of Juggs was not a team member, and that issue was about the team fighting him.

Tangled webs were woven :D

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    edited 27 April 2024, 07:04
    Options

This is a great addition to the game and it makes things interesting.

Could future versions include shards & limited characters?

• slidecage
    edited 27 April 2024, 10:40
    Options

Needs a side thing running with boss battle win 15 matches take way too long and half the time you cant use the people you need

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,150 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 27 April 2024, 11:19
    Options

@slidecage said:
    Needs a side thing running with boss battle win 15 matches take way too long and half the time you cant use the people you need

Puzzle Gauntlet works OK but the tug of war takes a while. I struggled for the first time with 15 x Thunderbolts but used Electro with Goose and OR in Simulator to take out the OR/Chasm teams for 75pts a time.

But I thought this was a great idea and it's certainly kept me waiting for the next Quests to come along every day. I'd like them to drop at the same time as the Daily Quests but that's a small thing.