Do the devs play with test accounts in pvp?

Options
ViralCore
ViralCore Posts: 162 Tile Toppler
edited 16 April 2024, 16:23 in MPQ General Discussion

Is this team legit? Why are devs hitting actual players? They are fully maxed, ascended 3*s.

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That's.... Scary.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 March 2024, 20:37
    Options

You’d need to post the player’s account to assess what’s legit or not.

Note: do not do this! Message CS if you suspect an account.

There are cheaters around.

There’s no farking way that devs would play PvP with fully maxxed characters….it wouldn’t even make sense. They have test builds or maybe would use sandbox accounts that you would never see. That you could not target. That could not place on leaderboards, and would not take any points from you if they did hit your team. If they did use fully maxxed characters and took points from you, imagine the bad PR.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
    edited 19 March 2024, 23:34
    Options

@ViralCore said:
    Is this team legit? Why are devs hitting actual players? They are fully maxed, ascended 3*s.

I don't think anyone on the team is floating around and peacocking any maxed out rosters since that obviously would be horrible to see in the wild. Feel free to DM me the in-game name and I can investigate who this account is.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 March 2024, 22:14
    Options

Hahahaha if that was legit, it'd be the biggest whale in the game's entire history. I have a couple 3->5 that are like 450ish, and I've been prioritizing 3* through vaults and the ascension bundles. This is 3 550s.

For this you'd have had to pour (literally) tens of thousands of dollars into random tokens, over the span of a couple months.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 March 2024, 00:23
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Hahahaha if that was legit, it'd be the biggest whale in the game's entire history. I have a couple 3->5 that are like 450ish, and I've been prioritizing 3* through vaults and the ascension bundles. This is 3 550s.

For this you'd have had to pour (literally) tens of thousands of dollars into random tokens, over the span of a couple months.

Or they had hoarded a LOT of elite/heroic/mighty tokens and after ascension they broke their hoard. If they were like you and had say 4 max copies of each 3* they'd have ascended to a pair of 4*s on day 1 and then it's a matter of opening thousands of tokens (I myself have well over 10K worth of elite/mighty/heroic tokens to open and that's with me opening them in bunches of 1000 at a time ever few months so it's not hard to imagine someone who had 40-100K tokens saved up).

KGB

• entrailbucket
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

Or they had hoarded a LOT of elite/heroic/mighty tokens and after ascension they broke their hoard. If they were like you and had say 4 max copies of each 3* they'd have ascended to a pair of 4*s on day 1 and then it's a matter of opening thousands of tokens (I myself have well over 10K worth of elite/mighty/heroic tokens to open and that's with me opening them in bunches of 1000 at a time ever few months so it's not hard to imagine someone who had 40-100K tokens saved up).

KGB

Maybe someone can do the math? How many hoarded tokens would you need? I don't think your stash is enough to do it, KGB.

• HowDoIUnlockBatman
    HowDoIUnlockBatman Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options

It's a lot easier to build a 3* to 550 than anything else. They have run chained offers on all three(i think) of those characters ascension essentials or something which provide an absolute ton of covers. You can favourite a 3* and get shards from 3 different tokens then add on bonus shards.

If you started off with a couple of maxed 3s, bought all the chained offers and then unhoarded a ton of tokens then it's doable.

Of course, if their roster has a bunch of other 3* 550s like Jeffrey or whatever then yeah, obvious cheat

• entrailbucket
    Options

@HowDoIUnlockBatman said:
    It's a lot easier to build a 3* to 550 than anything else. They have run chained offers on all three(i think) of those characters ascension essentials or something which provide an absolute ton of covers. You can favourite a 3* and get shards from 3 different tokens then add on bonus shards.

If you started off with a couple of maxed 3s, bought all the chained offers and then unhoarded a ton of tokens then it's doable.

Of course, if their roster has a bunch of other 3* 550s like Jeffrey or whatever then yeah, obvious cheat

I had double max of almost every 3*, bought all the ascension bundles, and just barely have a couple 3* in the 450-454 range.

This player would've had to pull like an extra 400 of each of these specific characters from a token hoard. Is it possible? Maybe! But it seems very unlikely to me. I just don't know what the chances are overall.

• HowDoIUnlockBatman
    Options

Doesn't have to be a hoard. As i said, 3* are the easiest to 550 because you get shards from three tokens and then you can just buy as many pulls as you like as long as you've got HP.

Just because you haven't done it, doesn't mean it's not possible. Did you have a 550 2* nightcrawler a few days after it released?

• HowDoIUnlockBatman
    edited 20 March 2024, 02:06
    Options

And I'm not just arguing with you for the sake of being contrary. A few weeks ago i ran into this person with a 550 3* dr strange and was like hmmm. So investigated their roster and saw this..

So i thought obvious cheater because who the hell has a 550 Abigail brand? But then i remember i have a reasonably large abigail brand because of a good vault i emptied a bunch that she was a not good part of.

So it's entirely possible this person emptied the same vault even more than i did and if you were going to cheat, you'd give yourself a better roster.

Point being: if you put your mind to it, you can achieve all kinds of things. You haven't put your mind to 550ing any of your 3*, otherwise you would have by now. You could have 550 many by now. There were multiple 3s in the 1* ascension vault which you could have bought out many many times over if you had the HP, cash or inclination

• entrailbucket
    Options

And I'm not just arguing with you for the sake of being contrary. A few weeks ago i ran into this person with a 550 3* dr strange and was like hmmm. So investigated their roster and saw this..

So i thought obvious cheater because who the hell has a 550 Abigail brand? But then i remember i have a reasonably large abigail brand because of a good vault i emptied a bunch that she was a not good part of.

So it's entirely possible this person emptied the same vault even more than i did and if you were going to cheat, you'd give yourself a better roster.

Point being: if you put your mind to it, you can achieve all kinds of things. You haven't put your mind to 550ing any of your 3*, otherwise you would have by now. You could have 550 many by now. There were multiple 3s in the 1* ascension vault which you could have bought out many many times over if you had the HP, cash or inclination

I...did buy out the ascension vault, a lot, enough to 550 both the 1* and get Nightcrawler up to 5*. It helped quite a bit in getting the few low level 3->5s that I currently have, as well.

I've got something like 50 550 characters. I spend money. I have "put my mind to it," and I don't see any way that I could've 550d any 3* in this window, let alone 3 specific ones, short of spending a completely insane amount.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 March 2024, 14:40
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

Maybe someone can do the math? How many hoarded tokens would you need? I don't think your stash is enough to do it, KGB.

Lets try some back of the envelope math and see what it takes. For this we will assume this player had 4 max champed 3* copies to start with (someone like you basically).

After ascension they then have 2 4 stars at L303 (the extra 100 covers on the 2nd max champ gives +33 levels). They then need 67 more levels on one of them to reach 370 which requires 67x3=201 covers. At that point they then ascend the 2 4 stars to a 5 star which would be L458 (the extra 33 levels on the 2nd 4 star gives +8 levels). They then need 92 more levels to reach 550 which requires 92*4=368 covers. So they need 201+368=569 covers in total. This is per 3 star character of course.

I can't remember the exact number of 3 stars in the game, but lets assume it's 50. We will further assume they don't favorite just these 3 and I am not going to factor in bonus heroes and if I did, I'd assume those were also random across all 50 characters. That means they need 50*569=28450 3 star covers (essentially 569 covers for every 3 star).

Next lets look at token odds. Elite and Heroic give a 3 star cover at roughly 25% odds and a Mighty gives a 3 star cover at roughly 87% odds.

If you had 100,000 token split evenly among Elite and Heroic tokens you'd expect to get 25000 3 star covers. That's almost the 28450 there just in Elite/Heroic and with bonus heroes you'd be a LOT closer esp once you turned over all the 2 stars for 3 covers and more token draws etc. You might actually get there just on 100K Elite/Heroic

If you had 100,000 split evenly among Elite/Heroic/Mighty you'd expect to get 66666.25=16666 + 33000.87=28999 = 45665 3 star covers. A huge overshoot of what's needed.

If you had just 60000 tokens split evenly among Elite/Heroic/Mighty you'd expect to get 40000.25=10000 + 20000.87=17400 = 27400 covers. That's right in line with what you need (28450) and I imagine this does it with bonus heroes + 2 * covers that given 3 * rewards etc since you also get 60000*10=600000 shards which at 300 per cover is +2000 more 3 star covers worth of shards.

So it could be done with roughly 60K tokens or about 5x what I have (I looked and I am just over 12K in Heroic/Elite/Mighty and not including another 1K+ event tokens)

KGB

• HowDoIUnlockBatman
    Options

Ok now do..

2 max 3* to start
    Favourite that 3*
    Build 2 champ 3*
    Ascend x2
    Buy chained offer
    Apply to one 4*
    Pull tokens til that 4 is max (factoring in shards and bonus shards)
    Ascend
    Pull tokens til that 5 is 550 (factoring in shards and bonus shards)

Repeat x3

I'd do it myself but I'm still trying to find enough things so i can count to 50 and appreciate what an impressive roster mr bouquet has.

• entrailbucket
    Options

That's...a lot of tokens.

Also, I'm pretty sure high Evolutionary was never offered as an ascension bundle, or sold as a 4*. Magik and Emma were offered as a bundle (coincidentally, or maybe not, those are two of the 3->5s I have).

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 March 2024, 04:53
    Options

If this is who I think it is, it's probably legit.
    It really depends on whether they have another 40+ 550 3s.
    Yes there still are people who spend an ungodly (heh) amount on the game.

• HowDoIUnlockBatman
    Options

Obvious cheat is obvious

• HowDoIUnlockBatman
    Options

So i had to know if i could take it...

Only just, thanks to the AI making a match in one of dooms weak colours.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Obvious cheat is obvious

They have been reported multiple e times.
    That roster is legit apparently.

• HowDoIUnlockBatman
    Options

Not doubting you at all sir but i strongly disagree with whoever said this is legit for a multitude of reasons. Not least of which being that building a 550 3* Jeffrey would be the stupidest waste of money since Elon bought twitter.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1.2m health? That's one heck of a Doom.

This discussion has been closed.