Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,508 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@Borstock said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Now who had "angry because I've ascended and want to have what everyone else gets" on their mpq bingo card?
    I knew this was coming weeks ago and I've stocked up popcorn ready for this armageddon.
    I'm gonna enjoy this

Once it happened with Nico, I knew this was coming.

I honest to goodness would not have ascended her if she wasn't the featured 4*. I even thought hard about it before pressing that button. That's what I get for trying to have fun with the game.

Considering they made it clear before ascension started that they wouldn’t give retro rewards for any ascended characters that gave everyone out there the choice of what to do with the character once you get to that point. You made that choice knowing the consequences so deal with it.

Right, so you're saying we shouldn't use the Ascension system. After all, it has consequences.

Consequences for a badly worked out system have other consequences in turn. I'm not spending any more money on this game until they sort this out. All the money I spend is more-or-less bells and whistles stuff anyway, so I'll just go Free-to-play until I decide if I want to keep spending my time on this any longer.

We'll see if I'm alone in this regard, I strongly suspect I'm not.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 607 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Codex said:

@St_Bernadus said:

@Codex said:
    I completely disagree, it has been stated it was a one time exception what happened with Nico and hunter. I would be pretty annoyed if they go back on this once again.

Although in this case, folks may have Ascended X23 since she was a feeder for Samurai Daken.

This no retro feeders for Ascended is maddening because it discourages players from advancing their rosters. And if a feeder is changed, then you still don't get the retro rewards other players do, then when can you safely Ascend anyone?

Do you think it was fair for them to award player 12 covers of hunter regardless on level of the 2nd Nico? Maybe you want another 12 covers for x-23?

I saw so many ascended nico players complaining about that compensation.sarcasm

Here is a solution maybe get rid of all retro rewards completely.

Well no as that was some nonsense as well. Just want to know if I should Ascend for 12 covers or stick with the 7 I should get right now. ;)

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I feel like the conventional wisdom from even the most conservative hoarders was don’t ascend unless the person has a feeder.

Now I believe it’s simply, don’t ascend because at any point feeders can and will change and you risk missing out.

I am going the max/max route with my 4s and my second X-23 isn’t close to maxed yet, so I should get my 9 covers. That said, even with me benefiting, I still think this is just a bad aspect to this feature- incentivizing folks not to ascend.

The people who would get upset if they went back on this and awarded covers crack me up. That’s some next level spite for something that doesn’t even impact them.

Either way, I’d love to hear more developer input on this as they have to get that this puts a damper on what otherwise should be a universally celebrated feature.

• GrimSkald
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@bigjojo04 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@Borstock said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Now who had "angry because I've ascended and want to have what everyone else gets" on their mpq bingo card?
    I knew this was coming weeks ago and I've stocked up popcorn ready for this armageddon.
    I'm gonna enjoy this

Once it happened with Nico, I knew this was coming.

I honest to goodness would not have ascended her if she wasn't the featured 4*. I even thought hard about it before pressing that button. That's what I get for trying to have fun with the game.

Considering they made it clear before ascension started that they wouldn’t give retro rewards for any ascended characters that gave everyone out there the choice of what to do with the character once you get to that point. You made that choice knowing the consequences so deal with it.

Right, so you're saying we shouldn't use the Ascension system. After all, it has consequences.

Consequences for a badly worked out system have other consequences in turn. I'm not spending any more money on this game until they sort this out. All the money I spend is more-or-less bells and whistles stuff anyway, so I'll just go Free-to-play until I decide if I want to keep spending my time on this any longer.

We'll see if I'm alone in this regard, I strongly suspect I'm not.

No where in my response did i say anything about not ascending. The choice is up to each individual person whether they want to ascend or not and there’s clearly consequences to doing both. Either you get a stronger version of the character or you hold out hope of potential rewards somewhere down the line. It was stated like that as such. Complain about how bad a system you may think it might be but it was stated as such day 1. Just because you’re having buyers remorse now doesn’t mean you should be rewarded with the rewards you left on the table when you were also able to use a stronger version of the character all that time too. It’s one or the other since they introduced this.

LOL. All that time. I used her for one event, and I barely used her for that. She's pretty bad I'm afraid.

I shouldn't have done it, and honestly if they said, "Well, we'll give you the 12 covers for the new X-23 if you burn the 5* version completely" I'd probably say yes.

Regardless, if you can't ascend anybody because you may lose out on future rewards, then they can just not finish the system for all I care. I won't be using it.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 January 2024, 22:30
    Options

Ah, but if you ignore all evidence to the contrary and choose to treat MPQ as a single-player, PvE game where nobody else exists or matters, then giving other people rewards has zero impact on you.

I will say, though -- if you actually believed that the devs wouldn't immediately cave on this "policy," that's sorta on you. I ascended everything immediately and I fully expect to get all retro rewards forever, because there was always zero chance they'd stick to their policy once a certain group of players got upset about it.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    Options

I would argue this is slightly different than Nico.

I've avoided ascending anyone who doesn't have a feeder for exactly this.

Since x-23 already had a (fairly) logical feeder, I figured that wouldn't ever change. So I ascended.

On one side I now have an x-23 5 star I'll barely use, and miss out on half an x-23 I'll barely use.
    I don't know what I consider fair - but I do like my stuff.

• GrimSkald
    edited 8 January 2024, 22:34
    Options

@Omegased said:
    I would argue this is slightly different than Nico.

I've avoided ascending anyone who doesn't have a feeder for exactly this.

Since x-23 already had a (fairly) logical feeder, I figured that wouldn't ever change. So I ascended.

On one side I now have an x-23 5 star I'll barely use, and miss out on half an x-23 I'll barely use.
    I don't know what I consider fair - but I do like my stuff.

I ascended X-23 on 12/11 for "Lost in Time" where she was boosted. This was before they updated the policy with Nico Minoru/Hunter.

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

I would love to see and hope for another future one time exception for the retro rewards for us who ascended her... fingers-crossed.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,976 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@CHRISJN said:
    I would love to see and hope for another future one time exception for the retro rewards for us who ascended her... fingers-crossed.

Another one time exception would essentially make it a rule to give retro rewards for ascended characters.

That would also anger many who didn't ascend on day 1 and missed out on a lot of extra rewards due to bugs plus missed out on using the ascended characters.

KGB

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So much resentment in this thread. That’s the only logical explanation for all the joy people are exhibiting about their fellow players not getting covers.

• liminal_lad
    Options

@allen_koholic said:
    Instead of whining about ascension vs rewards, can we go back to whining about how this toon kinda sucks?

The fact that they aren’t great is the one saving grace about another ascension debacle.

• liminal_lad
    Options

@Codex said:

@St_Bernadus said:

@Codex said:
    I completely disagree, it has been stated it was a one time exception what happened with Nico and hunter. I would be pretty annoyed if they go back on this once again.

Although in this case, folks may have Ascended X23 since she was a feeder for Samurai Daken.

This no retro feeders for Ascended is maddening because it discourages players from advancing their rosters. And if a feeder is changed, then you still don't get the retro rewards other players do, then when can you safely Ascend anyone?

Do you think it was fair for them to award player 12 covers of hunter regardless on level of the 2nd Nico? Maybe you want another 12 covers for x-23?

I saw so many ascended nico players complaining about that compensation.sarcasm

Here is a solution maybe get rid of all retro rewards completely.

Are you a new player? There’s no other real explanation for why you’re so hot to penalize veterans.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

Same here , she was at the time for me a way of creating an extra roster slot , I don’t have a use for her but for some reason I had a dupe with 13 covers

It’s disappointing as there are surely a lot of 4*s who don’t have feeders but I guess this 5 will need me to get her covers the old way of using legendary tokens and CP I’m sure I’ll have her covered eventually and hopefully the next 5 will be retro

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@DrClever said:

The people who would get upset if they went back on this and awarded covers crack me up. That’s some next level spite for something that doesn’t even impact them.

I'm not sure there actually are any of those

The very first post the person said they’d be legit angry if the devs cave. So those people do exist.

But we don't know that this doesn't impact them.