Some quick recommendations

WhiteBomber
WhiteBomber Posts: 72 Match Maker
edited 7 January 2024, 20:53 in MPQ General Discussion

Hiya, I read through all of the new character posts initially, but don't remember any of the recommendations, so I figured I'd just ask really quick.

I recently acquired all covers for PeggyThor / OldPeggy (not sure what people are calling her, as well as CarMiles. I am however still in extreme ISO draught and don't want to invest in them without knowing they will be worth anything at all, so:

1) Is PeggyThor the worst 5 character in the entire game??? I've tried a few times now, but I cannot seem to find a good fit for her, and she just feels...bad. If anyone has even 1 or 2 good members for her, please advise.

2) Same question for CarMiles; though I know he isn't as bad, does he have partners that warrant him getting precious ISO?

Normally I love building teams and testing new combos, but I've tried a little with them, and got tired of it since there is no good practice mode. In lieu of them making any good teams, I will continue dumping in to Goose. Thanks in advance!

«1

Comments

  • WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 72 Match Maker
    edited 7 January 2024, 20:55

    Ahh yes, I even forgot she was Peggy, not Carol, apologies. Yes, peggy thor and carnage miles, both 5 stars. Clearly I play this game for the puzzle quest, not the marvel / lore.

  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,171 Chairperson of the Boards

    Both of these characters are quite bad and you’re missing nothing. There are no teammates that would make them better except for carrying the load and dragging them along.

    Miles is slightly better because he has a decent nuke and high match dmg.

  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor

    @bluewolf said:
    Both of these characters are quite bad and you’re missing nothing. There are no teammates that would make them better except for carrying the load and dragging them along.

    Miles is slightly better because he has a decent nuke and high match dmg.

    Whew, I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought they weren't that great. I didn't bother coving 5* Miles but did cover Peggy Worthy. I didn't like her. I'm sure someone will find a solid usage for her at some point.

    @WhiteBomber said:

    1) Is PeggyThor the worst 5 character in the entire game???

    Despite my opinion of the Peggy Worthy, I don't think she is the worst 5* in the game. I would give that to Gwenom. I could not get her to work for the life of me. Her black passive ability destroys her usefulness. I like the concept but I don't think it was executed well. I suggested something similar for Killer Krill in Speculation and Concepts.

  • JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

    Definitely save your iso. :D

  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,360 Chairperson of the Boards

    Old Peggy is legit terrible. Far from the worst though. Miles is middle of the road and his attack tiles do work.

    The worst 5 is Abigail followed closely by Ultron (without Low Level AI) with it he is middle of the pack.

    It’s hard to know if you should invest iso without knowing your roster or who else needs to be champed.

    Generally, while I was in ISO debt I always champed the 5s because of their rewards.

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,489 Chairperson of the Boards

    The only reason I champed Pegor was coz I had accumulated 9 champion levels for her. I have tried using her and honestly she is just bad. I don't like Miles either but he isn't complete trash.

  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,471 Chairperson of the Boards

    @dianetics said:
    Old Peggy is legit terrible. Far from the worst though. Miles is middle of the road and his attack tiles do work.

    The worst 5 is Abigail followed closely by Ultron (without Low Level AI) with it he is middle of the pack.

    It’s hard to know if you should invest iso without knowing your roster or who else needs to be champed.

    Generally, while I was in ISO debt I always champed the 5s because of their rewards.

    I agree with your assessment of the new Peggy - she's not terrible but not great either. Her passive damage with charged tiles is okay, but she doesn't really shine in anything. Miles similarly has some things he can do, but just plain is not great at any of them. At least he's better at generating web tiles than Gwen >shrug.<

    Honestly, I think I'd put Loki on the bottom - his green just flat out sucks (3 turn repeaters barely ever get to proc even the first time, much less actually stay on the board and be useful,) his purple is pretty meh unless you manage it perfectly, and his black passive (a revive on a trap) comes up, what, .01% of the time? I'm pretty sure I've never used it.

  • meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 219 Tile Toppler

    @dianetics said:
    Old Peggy is legit terrible.

    @GrimSkald said:
    I agree with your assessment of the new Peggy

    So 5★ Peggy Carter (Worthy) has somehow become both "Old Peggy" (she is elderly) and "New Peggy" (recently released)?

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,679 Chairperson of the Boards

    I think they said somewhere that they planned to revisit 5* Peggy. I can't find it now though. She's pretty bad right now, but they've shown (with 5* Magik) that they're willing to fix losers relatively quickly.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,465 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 February 2024, 18:01

    STRONGLY, disagree that Abigail is the worst 5*. She struggles against Dr. Thor because Jane blows up all her tiles. She also has pretty low health.

    But there's a viable CD/Repeater spam strat there. She heals the whole team and destroys enemy AP. Against teams where having AP matters, it does work. I used to run her with other healers in Simulator all the time for fun wins.

    Compare her to Gwenom, who works against herself... I don't see how she can be considered worse.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,679 Chairperson of the Boards

    It's Black Widow and it's not particularly close. There's nothing at all redeeming about her -- low health and match damage, plus expensive abilities that still don't do much of anything.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,465 Chairperson of the Boards

    @entrailbucket said:
    It's Black Widow and it's not particularly close. There's nothing at all redeeming about her -- low health and match damage, plus expensive abilities that still don't do much of anything.

    It's funny because she's sort of a well designed heavy hitter in that she has three powers that all hit pretty hard (by much earlier standards). She reminds me of Kate Bishop. There aren't as many "3 powers that do DMG" characters as you'd think. Most characters have at least one gimmick power that isn't about damage.

    But, yeah. Low health, EVERY power costs too much, etc... Not remotely usable the way the game is now.

  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,875 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 February 2024, 19:53

    @entrailbucket said:
    I think they said somewhere that they planned to revisit 5* Peggy. I can't find it now though. She's pretty bad right now, but they've shown (with 5* Magik) that they're willing to fix losers relatively quickly.

    They did say that.
    But it's kinda useless if they're fixing her once she's out of latest, because your chance to pull her is gone.
    So well done, BCS, whatever you do with Peggy, it took you over 3 months.
    (Mine is 549 cause Goose).

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,465 Chairperson of the Boards

    @Bowgentle said:

    @entrailbucket said:
    I think they said somewhere that they planned to revisit 5* Peggy. I can't find it now though. She's pretty bad right now, but they've shown (with 5* Magik) that they're willing to fix losers relatively quickly.

    They did say that.
    But it's kinda useless if they're fixing her once she's out of latest, because your chance to pull her is gone.
    So well done, BCS, whatever you do with Peggy, it took you over 3 months.
    (Mine is 549 cause Goose).

    Don't worry. They can always put out a special store with her, Dr. Strange, and OML.

  • JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

    @entrailbucket said:
    It's Black Widow and it's not particularly close. There's nothing at all redeeming about her -- low health and match damage, plus expensive abilities that still don't do much of anything.

    She's in a growing group too far behind the power creep for any use in 5* play, but still solid in lower tier play, esp in PvE. Kitty not far behind.

    I'm not sure who id say is The Worst 5* ... neither of these. Picking one could be rough ... there's quite a few piled in the junk drawer.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,679 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 5 February 2024, 01:24

    @JoeHandle said:

    @entrailbucket said:
    It's Black Widow and it's not particularly close. There's nothing at all redeeming about her -- low health and match damage, plus expensive abilities that still don't do much of anything.

    She's in a growing group too far behind the power creep for any use in 5* play, but still solid in lower tier play, esp in PvE. Kitty not far behind.

    I'm not sure who id say is The Worst 5* ... neither of these. Picking one could be rough ... there's quite a few piled in the junk drawer.

    Are you talking about Natasha or Yelena? I was talking about Natasha...I can't picture any universe where she's in the same tier as someone like Kitty -- for PvE, PvP, Puzzle Gauntlet, DDQ -- literally anywhere. Yelena is pretty solidly mid tier.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,465 Chairperson of the Boards

    Yelena's a pretty good support character when boosted. She's not the main-eventer, but her passives get nasty at higher levels.

  • JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

    @entrailbucket said:

    @JoeHandle said:

    @entrailbucket said:
    It's Black Widow and it's not particularly close. There's nothing at all redeeming about her -- low health and match damage, plus expensive abilities that still don't do much of anything.

    She's in a growing group too far behind the power creep for any use in 5* play, but still solid in lower tier play, esp in PvE. Kitty not far behind.

    I'm not sure who id say is The Worst 5* ... neither of these. Picking one could be rough ... there's quite a few piled in the junk drawer.

    Are you talking about Natasha or Yelena?

    Not Yelena. Natasha.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,679 Chairperson of the Boards

    @JoeHandle said:

    @entrailbucket said:

    @JoeHandle said:

    @entrailbucket said:
    It's Black Widow and it's not particularly close. There's nothing at all redeeming about her -- low health and match damage, plus expensive abilities that still don't do much of anything.

    She's in a growing group too far behind the power creep for any use in 5* play, but still solid in lower tier play, esp in PvE. Kitty not far behind.

    I'm not sure who id say is The Worst 5* ... neither of these. Picking one could be rough ... there's quite a few piled in the junk drawer.

    Are you talking about Natasha or Yelena?

    Not Yelena. Natasha.

    I can't think of anything someone would do with her that couldn't be accomplished better with any other character, including a ton of 4*. I've got her at 550 and she's totally unusable, even boosted to 672.