The good, the bad, the funny?

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,342 Chairperson of the Boards

@Blackstone said:

Once, someone sardonically called me a "Humor Genius" because I said something they didn't like...

So I wrote that on a napkin and took a picture of it.

Now it's my profile picture so if anyone thinks I said something offensive, they can look at the picture and know I'm just joking.

At least, that's how it worked in my head, but I might be the only person that finds it funny.

That's great!. When i first saw the change of profile pic, I read it as "Human Genome" and was too scared to ask... 🤣

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor

@Scofie said:

@Blackstone said:

Once, someone sardonically called me a "Humor Genius" because I said something they didn't like...

So I wrote that on a napkin and took a picture of it.

Now it's my profile picture so if anyone thinks I said something offensive, they can look at the picture and know I'm just joking.

At least, that's how it worked in my head, but I might be the only person that finds it funny.

That's great!. When i first saw the change of profile pic, I read it as "Human Genome" and was too scared to ask... 🤣

Lol...

Yeah, my penmanship leave a lot to be desired.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

It's not a secret that Disney is trying out the worst decisions possible regarding Marvel superheroes. Maybe in order to enhance inclusivity, woke ideology, a product for all viewers, etc...
    And thanks to these decisions they are achieving that people don't want to watch superheroes movies like before. Not an easy achievement.
    If they have a lot of weight choosing new characters to release, then players in this game also have to suffer wrong decisions.
    Until the day many players couldn't take any more of this.

• Bad

@MegaBee said:

Congratulations! You just shattered the record for Worst MPQ Forum Opinion!

Thanks! Now you can just ignore me while praying for more animals!
    Or maybe a Paw Patrol collab ;)

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,029 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bad said:

@MegaBee said:

Paw Patrol's not really my jam, but the kids who are the target audience love it. I'd enjoy more Pet Avengers in the game, but that might be too diverse for some.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@MegaBee said:

@Bad said:

@MegaBee said:

Paw Patrol's not really my jam, but the kids who are the target audience love it. I'd enjoy more Pet Avengers in the game, but that might be too diverse for some.

Don't forget the leftist, woke agenda Disney is pushing, for... Reasons.
    Think of all the grimdark Caucasian male characters or big breasted Caucasian females We could have without that!

• MegaBee

@Bowgentle said:

@MegaBee said:

@Bad said:

@MegaBee said:

Don't forget the leftist, woke agenda Disney is pushing, for... Reasons.
    Think of all the grimdark Caucasian male characters or big breasted Caucasian females We could have without that!

Exactly!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,150 Chairperson of the Boards

Devil Dinosaur (and Moon Boy) are Jack Kirby creations, so you can hardly call them "woke" or part of any "Disney" agenda. Kirby worked on monster comic books for years before Marvel relaunched with the FF and he brought his monster book sensibilities with him (witness Fantastic Four #1 among many others).

• MegaBee

@DAZ0273 said:
    Devil Dinosaur (and Moon Boy) are Jack Kirby creations, so you can hardly call them "woke" or part of any "Disney" agenda. Kirby worked on monster comic books for years before Marvel relaunched with the FF and he brought his monster book sensibilities with him (witness Fantastic Four #1 among many others).

I hoped it was obvious that Bowgentle and I were sarcastically riffing on Bad's horrendous take.

• DAZ0273

@MegaBee said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I hoped it was obvious that Bowgentle and I were sarcastically riffing on Bad's horrendous take.

Oh extremely obvious, this observation is not for you oh Mega-erest of Bee's!

• Bad
    edited November 2023

It can be horrendous I agree. Truth can be horrendous.
    The Marvels is already a horrendous fiasco. Quantumania is considered one of the worst super heroes movies.
    My favorite, Lightyear. Absolute bankrupt, banned in many countries and paid with the director's layoff (I wonder why did they fired him, if he was only continuing with the new trend).
    Maybe if they could dedicate a bit less effort in adoctrinate, and rather working more in good stories without quota, they would do great movies as before.
    And not getting fiasco after fiasco.
    Horrendous indeed.

• MegaBee

@Bad said:
    The Marvels is already a horrendous fiasco. Quantumania is considered one of the worst super heroes movies.
    My favorite, Lightyear. Absolute bankrup, banned in many countries and payed with the director's layoff (I wonder why did they fired him, if he was only continuing with the new trend)

Okay. Have fun being on the wrong side of history!

• DAZ0273

@Bad said:
    My favorite, Lightyear. Absolute bankrup, banned in many countries and payed with the director's layoff (I wonder why did they fired him, if he was only continuing with the new trend)

I haven't seen The Marvels so can't comment. I do know the spoilers though!

I saw half of Quantumania and the problem with that movie appears to be that it is quantumanially terrible? If it is "woke" then I dunno exactly how but as I said, I didn't finish it. Maybe someday.

Lightyear - It was a different take and I'm not sure it exactly worked but sometimes you try new things. Is it "woke"? Oh is this the gay kiss thing? Jeez - it is 2023, gay people are long long out of the closet! I mean Buffy the Vampire Slayer broke that ground in a "superhero" settling what 20 years ago and it really shouldn't be an issue now, surely? Don't we have somebody else to persecute? Like The Welsh? Or Gnomes? Man I hate Gnomes, brr, creepy.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bad said:

I saw half of Quantumania and the problem with that movie appears to be that it is quantumanially terrible? If it is "woke" then I dunno exactly how but as I said, I didn't finish it. Maybe someday.

Lightyear - It was a different take and I'm not sure it exactly worked but sometimes you try new things. Is it "woke"? Oh is this the gay kiss thing? Jeez - it is 2023, gay people are long long out of the closet! I mean Buffy the Vampire Slayer broke that ground in a "superhero" settling what 20 years ago and it really shouldn't be an issue now, surely? Don't we have somebody else to persecute? Like The Welsh? Or Gnomes? Man I hate Gnomes, brr, creepy.

Clowns. And mimes.

• Bad

@MegaBee said:

Okay. Have fun being on the wrong side of history!

Have fun you too in your alt world where people actually go to watch garbage!
    Sadly the numbers are what they are...

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,397 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    The Welsh? Or Gnomes? Man I hate Gnomes, brr, creepy.

The Welsh just keep taking hits don't they?

• DAZ0273

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bad said:

Clowns. And mimes.

Oh GOD yes! Clown Gnomes...just imagine that!

• DAZ0273

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    The Welsh? Or Gnomes? Man I hate Gnomes, brr, creepy.

The Welsh just keep taking hits don't they?

To be fair, they probably don't deserve it but as one William Munny said "Deserves got nothin' to do with it"