The good, the bad, the funny?

System
System Posts: 1,032 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: New Character - Moon Girl & Devil Dino (Marvel NOW!) 4*.
ยซ1345

Comments

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor

I see we've reached the point of attacking people's characters for voicing a different opinion.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 820 Critical Contributor

@Blackstone said:
    I see we've reached the point of attacking people's characters for voicing a different opinion.

Shut up! No one is doing that and you are completely wrong for saying that.
    Fool.

I like it here, makes me laugh to see how funny I am.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,247 Chairperson of the Boards

@Blackstone said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Telling someone their masculinity must be threatened because they have a different opinion is vaguely doing that...

My comment was meant to be a joke commenting on how these discussions devolve into meaningless attacks... As they often do.

You can always ignore me if you don't like what I say...

But no one here really has the right to tell anyone else to "shut up" and there's no need for name calling.

Have fun being funny.

I'm pretty sure Clem was being sarcastic with his comment...

• Blackstone

@BriMan2222 said:

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Telling someone their masculinity must be threatened because they have a different opinion is vaguely doing that...

My comment was meant to be a joke commenting on how these discussions devolve into meaningless attacks... As they often do.

But no one here really has the right to tell anyone else to "shut up" and there's no need for name calling.

Have fun being funny.

I agree...I just don't know if others will recognize that.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,342 Chairperson of the Boards

I read it and wondered whether people would recognise the humour. I did, and the irony of it made me chuckle. The fact that they signposted the fact they were intending humour at the end made it less likely to miss, so I left it.

Pretty sure people will flag if they have a problem with it and if so, I'll review my position.

• Blackstone

@Scofie said:

I read it and wondered whether people would recognise the humour. I did, and the irony of it made me chuckle. The fact that they signposted the fact they were intending humour at the end made it less likely to miss, so I left it.

Pretty sure people will flag if they have a problem with it and if so, I'll review my position.

Please don't remove on my account...I found it funny...I'm just not as funny myself.

• ThisisClemFandango

@Blackstone said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Have fun being funny.

If people don't I'm not sure they should be on the Internet, it was so over the top that's what made it funny
    Your a reasonable person aren't you? Or are you Welsh?

• Blackstone
    edited November 2023

@Blackstone said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Have fun being funny.

If people don't I'm not sure they should be on the Internet, it was so over the top that's what made it funny

I am somewhat Welsh...

My brain is wired to respond in a serious way to most everything though.

• ThisisClemFandango

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Have fun being funny.

I am somewhat Welsh...

My brain is wired to respond to in a serious way to most everything though.

There's the problem, I can see you went to the Liam Neeson school of improv.

"I got the role of Oskar Schindler because I love making lists"

• Scofie

@Blackstone said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Have fun being funny.

My son is half Welsh. He's 50% more reasonable than his mother. ๐Ÿ˜œ

• ThisisClemFandango

@Scofie said:

@Blackstone said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Have fun being funny.

This guy knows what I'm talking about.
    If I may ask a question with your mod head on, would it be helpful if I stated when I'm joking? I am more than happy to add the following to any and all posts

This is a joke
    In fact if you've got a minute it's a 12 storey joke with magnificent carpeting throughout, turn down service in all rooms and a big neon sign that says "this is a joke"

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,150 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:

@Blackstone said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Have fun being funny.

If I may ask a question with your mod head on, would it be helpful if I stated when I'm joking? I am more than happy to add the following to any and all posts

This is a joke
    In fact if you've got a minute it's a 12 storey joke with magnificent carpeting throughout, turn down service in all rooms and a big neon sign that says "this is a joke"

Maybe you could have some sort of visual prompt you put at the end like a winky but not a winky? Like a clown face? Except Clowns are evil and I would immediately want you banned. So...uhm...maybe some sort of humorous font?

• ThisisClemFandango

@DAZ0273 said:

@Scofie said:

@Blackstone said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Have fun being funny.

This is a joke

Maybe you could have some sort of visual prompt you put at the end like a winky but not a winky? Like a clown face? Except Clowns are evil and I would immediately want you banned. So...uhm...maybe some sort of humorous font?

You know you can't change font on here?
    I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do, it's not in my nature to be normal.
    I've got something wrong with me, or, something is wrong with everyone else who doesn't see me as some sort comedy genius.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Acting preemptively, before someone appeared claiming for it: no, this character just doesn't deserve a non derailed thread. Maybe the next one if devs reformed themselves.
    So everything is completely all right. Thanks.

• Scofie

@Scofie said:

@Blackstone said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Have fun being funny.

This is a joke

It might help in the earlier example. There are some things (e.g. racist/sexist jokes) that just putting "It's a joke" after would not make it acceptable. But there's a finer line in other contexts and that comes down to knowing your audience and them knowing you. If in doubt, put a disclaimer.

• ThisisClemFandango

@Scofie said:

@Scofie said:

@Blackstone said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Have fun being funny.

This is a joke

It might help in the earlier example. There are some things (e.g. racist/sexist jokes) that just putting "It's a joke" after would not make it acceptable. But there's a finer line in other contexts and that comes down to knowing your audience and them knowing you. If in doubt, put a disclaimer.

OK but it sounds alot of work and negates being humorous when i point out im being humorous, maybe I shouldn't post anything funny which will severely limit my posting ability.
    Unfortunately this isn't the first time we've had this conversation.

• Scofie

@Scofie said:

@Scofie said:

@Blackstone said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Have fun being funny.

This is a joke

OK but it sounds alot of work and negates being humorous when i point out im being humorous, maybe I shouldn't post anything funny which will severely limit my posting ability.

To be clear, I agree about negating the humour element. I'm not advocating putting a disclaimer every time and I think in the majority of instances it is not a problem. I just answered your question "would it be helpful?" in a probably too literal way.

• Blackstone

@Scofie said:

@Scofie said:

@Blackstone said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Blackstone said:

@Blackstone said:

Fool.

Overreact much?

Have fun being funny.

This is a joke

Once, someone sardonically called me a "Humor Genius" because I said something they didn't like...

So I wrote that on a napkin and took a picture of it.

Now it's my profile picture so if anyone thinks I said something offensive, they can look at the picture and know I'm just joking.

At least, that's how it worked in my head, but I might be the only person that finds it funny.