Goose (Flerken Family) 5*****

Options

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Looks like an interesting third wheel. The insta-down seems reasonably achievable once a match, but that's plenty of work done for a third.

I wonder if she reintroduces Kitty and/or other special boosters to PvP. The scarecrow dmg could be something.

Certainly, but you could down Kitty first and then Goose to avoid the tile buffing. With Gritty, you’d better get rid of those strikes somehow. But it would be thematically funny to pair Kitty with Goose.

• kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options

EDIT: when boosted, she would tank everything and produce 3 killer strikes every turn, being both a steamroller on offense and a nightmare on defense. Ascended Morbius to the rescue! (Or SM Back in Black)

Please, dear god, let Spider-Man’s eventual rework be good. I want a meta Peter Parker so bad. A meta Spider-Man team would be even better

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:
    @DrClever

You should google what adjacent means. The definition includes the word adjoining. It literally means next to / touching (especially in geometry).

They clearly wanted these to appear in specific spots rather than at random.

What other places do you think these tiles could spawn by your definition of adjacent?

Hmm, you youngsters with your Google.

I am currently in a semi-detached house in a street of houses.

This means there is one house to which it is adjoined but others to which it is adjacent.

As I say I don't like their wording but they do not say adjoining, or even "the" basic tiles adjacent, basic tiles "directly" adjacent, or anything else that would be an attempt to specify only the diagonally adjoining tiles.

So I'm suggesting they may mean 'the nearest basic tile along the diagonal from the corner'.

This would be adjacent in the sense that no other basic tile exists between it and the corner, just as the house I am in is adjacent, but not adjoined, to number 20.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DrClever said:

@KGB said:
    @DrClever

You should google what adjacent means. The definition includes the word adjoining. It literally means next to / touching (especially in geometry).

What other places do you think these tiles could spawn by your definition of adjacent?

This means there is one house to which it is adjoined but others to which it is adjacent.

As I say I don't like their wording but they do not say adjoining, or even "the" basic tiles adjacent, basic tiles "directly" adjacent, or anything else that would be an attempt to specify only the diagonally adjoining tiles.

So I'm suggesting they may mean 'the nearest basic tile along the diagonal from the corner'.

This would be adjacent in the sense that no other basic tile exists between it and the corner, just as the house I am in is adjacent, but not adjoined, to number 20.

I honestly don’t know how you’re reading this anyway other than, the nearest tile to the corner diagonally. This can literally only refer to four specific tiles in this case.

/diagonal/ is the keyword here moreso than /adjacent/

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,978 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023
    Options

@DrClever said:

@KGB said:
    @DrClever

You continue to use the word adjoining when it's not in the description. You are adding that word to change the description to create the idea that these tiles can be placed along the main diagonal (in that case the description should say anywhere on the main diagonal).

In the example of your home and other homes on the street you need to make a distinction between adjoining (touching) and adjacent (next to) because you have 2 different things to describe (semi detached and non semi detached). MPQ has one homogeneous board where everything is alike (ie a neighborhood of standalone homes). In that case the word adjacent means the same thing as adjoining.

KGB

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Anyway I have to say that a 5/3 release for the cat thing feels a bit much especially if it means poor old Monica lost out but I guess the mini furballs look pretty good.

Can we get a Catnip Support?

I'm not sure why this monster cat deserves a 5* version but maybe is the best thing they could scratch from the movie.
    Being a total fiasco on the first week getting 24 millions when it costed 200, that's it.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

First please go back to the format of new character information for his was painful to look at.

Basically this is a purple to black and down a character. This is like 4* Gamora but easier to pull off. This power might be broken. Seriously one shooting a 550 health full health 5* for 8 black and 7 purple.

• KGB
    edited November 2023
    Options

@wymtime said:
    First please go back to the format of new character information for his was painful to look at.

Basically this is a purple to black and down a character. This is like 4* Gamora but easier to pull off. This power might be broken. Seriously one shooting a 550 health full health 5* for 8 black and 7 purple.

You also need 4 attack tiles which means you need to have a partner who creates them or you also have to cast Yellow at least once too.

The other thing we don't know yet is whether the Black power can switch mid turn (ie you cast your purple to create the kitten tiles needed to change her Black). If it's like a lot of powers, it won't switch till the start of the next turn which means those kitten tiles need to survive a turn and you can't cast both powers one after the other.

This is way harder to do than Kang 'killing' a full health 550 with 8 Blue by sending them away to win the match. His ability is way more broken than hers is.

KGB

• DrClever
    Options

@KGB said:
    You continue to use the word adjoining when it's not in the description.

Uh, I keep using it because it's not in the description.

Your starting point was that this must be a bad power because there are only 4 places that could be used and those might already be occupied.

I'm just saying that they might not mean that, and it may be that a non-adjoining basic tile on the diagonal from the corner will be used if necessary - I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because they have left that option open.

And I try to remember not to assume English is anyone's first language hence trying to draw the distinction between the word they did use and the word they might have used.

It's not the first unclear description in a power, it wouldn't be the first bad power, and I definitely don't know what we will be given.

Apologies to everyone for what must have been a pretty tedious digression.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,972 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Looks like an interesting third wheel. The insta-down seems reasonably achievable once a match, but that's plenty of work done for a third.

I wonder if she reintroduces Kitty and/or other special boosters to PvP. The scarecrow dmg could be something.

Kitty is yesterday's news -- Ascended Nico completely outclasses her for buffing. Kitty still has removal, if you need that, though.

• DrClever
    Options

There won't be many ascended Nicos around though whereas there will be Kittys aplenty given how long she spent as one of the best 5* options, particularly with the meta 4*s

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

@KGB said:

@wymtime said:

You also need 4 attack tiles which means you need to have a partner who creates them or you also have to cast Yellow at least once too.

The other thing we don't know yet is whether the Black power can switch mid turn (ie you cast your purple to create the kitten tiles needed to change her Black). If it's like a lot of powers, it won't switch till the start of the next turn which means those kitten tiles need to survive a turn and you can't cast both powers one after the other.

This is way harder to do than Kang 'killing' a full health 550 with 8 Blue by sending them away to win the match. His ability is way more broken than hers is.

KGB

@KGB said:

@wymtime said:

KGB

And with the likelihood of ascended deathlok it will be killswitch on turn 3 that might be difficult to stop on defence unless the player gets lucky cascades

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,509 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@wymtime said:

KGB

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the black at level 5 waives the attack tile requirement and only needs two kitten CDs. That being said, I think you're right - sure it downs the character rather than suspending them for a few turns, but it's still not easy to get off and is also potentially completely stuffable by special tile makers. I think it's almost certainly fine.

• KGB
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@KGB said:

@wymtime said:

KGB

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the black at level 5 waives the attack tile requirement and only needs two kitten CDs.

Interesting. I read the level 5 description as it just lowers the kitten cost from 3 to 2 but retained the attack tile requirement. I say that because the level 2 description just lowers the attack tile requirement and doesn't mention kitten tiles at all (essentially what the level 5 description says).

KGB

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,509 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@GrimSkald said:

@KGB said:

@wymtime said:

KGB

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the black at level 5 waives the attack tile requirement and only needs two kitten CDs.

Interesting. I read the level 5 description as it just lowers the kitten cost from 3 to 2 but retained the attack tile requirement. I say that because the level 2 description just lowers the attack tile requirement and doesn't mention kitten tiles at all (essentially what the level 5 description says).

KGB

Looking at it again, you're probably right for the reasons you indicated. Still, not absurdly difficult, but not as easy to be sure.

• DashBC
    DashBC Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options

Ha! Nerfed already. Black power costs 11 in the game, not the 8 listed here.

• KGB
    Options

Wow, that really makes it a bad power and hurts the value of this character because Goose has no other way to damage (beyond indirectly making strike tiles when in front).

The 8 cost was reasonable given the other things required to auto down an opponent.

KGB

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options

I look forward to the "when we played this character he was too good, so feel that by making the character less good it will please everyone" post.