Ascended character powers that seem wrong.

Comments

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

@MoosePrime said:

@Bad said:

@Pantera236 said:

Bobbi's match damage is weird.

And the health? Because she's boosted isn't it?

It's weird because the colors are wrong. Her strong colors should be Red, Yellow, and Purple, the colors of her powers.

This guy gets it.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

That’s weird about that ascended Mockingbird. Mine seems normal.

Weird things I’ve noticed……

• Ascended Black Widow (modern) sabotage power costs 15 AP but as a 1* it costs 7.
    • Ascended Northstar’s Up North power can move 10/11/13 tiles to the top row and bottom row. Problem is, there’s only 8 columns. Why even go up that high?
    • Ascended War Machine’s Gatling Gun still does 4* damage.
    • Ascended Captain America (worthy) American Hero power shows the same change to upgrade to level 4 as level 5.
    • Ascended Mr.Fantastic’s Master of the Fantastic power heals at a 4* level
    • Elektra’s Ballet of Death does 4* level damage
    • Medusa’s red tile does 4* level damage.

Some of these things may be as intended but I don’t think all of them are.

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor

Ascended 3* Captain America's red power doesn't work, because it acts like it auto-selects a tile to target without actually selecting a tile. Can't fire the power because no tile on the board is selected, and at the same time you can't deselect a tile because no tile on the board is selected. Apparently 2* Cap had the same thing when ascended, so there's hope that this too can be fixed.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@StevO-J said:
    Ascended 3* Captain America's red power doesn't work, because it acts like it auto-selects a tile to target without actually selecting a tile. Can't fire the power because no tile on the board is selected, and at the same time you can't deselect a tile because no tile on the board is selected. Apparently 2* Cap had the same thing when ascended, so there's hope that this too can be fixed.

How in the world do you break something like that, when just copy/pasting code while only adjusting damage numbers?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@StevO-J said:

How in the world do you break something like that, when just copy/pasting code while only adjusting damage numbers?

This is probably a good indicator that there's something more going on here than just a copy/paste. What that could possibly be, I don't know, but it probably means we'll find more of these.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

They sort of implied in the ascendancy announcement thread that each star level was developed like a new character, but I could have misread that.

• Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker

It seems like Champions 2.0 was not QA tested enough. There are so many bugs in the game currently, with seemingly no fix in sight. The game has reverted back to a beta testing phase, and we're the beta testers.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023

Not sure if this is also true of normal 3-star She-Hulk, but I noticed that every time I fired an Ascended 3-star's Furious Charge, it only drained the AP from one color, even though I've got it at LVL 5 (where it should completely drain two colors) Her ability still says "100% of a second color."

Found this out in her PvP event...

Edit - Nope. Same thing with the non-Ascended 3-star She-Hulk. So it's a bug...
    Edit #2 - But it worked just fine for the Enemy team if the ability wasn't set to 5.
    Edit #3 - But it didn't work for me when I reduced the ability to level 4, and still just drained one color AP.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

It can drain a colour that already is at 0.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2023

Unless the AI fires it! If ever there was a power that abused RNG in favour of the opponent it’s that one

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@sambrookjm said:
    Not sure if this is also true of normal 3-star She-Hulk, but I noticed that every time I fired an Ascended 3-star's Furious Charge, it only drained the AP from one color, even though I've got it at LVL 5 (where it should completely drain two colors) Her ability still says "100% of a second color."

Found this out in her PvP event...

Edit - Nope. Same thing with the non-Ascended 3-star She-Hulk. So it's a bug...
    Edit #2 - But it worked just fine for the Enemy team if the ability wasn't set to 5.
    Edit #3 - But it didn't work for me when I reduced the ability to level 4, and still just drained one color AP.

It's working fine for me, non-Ascended.

• sambrookjm

@Bowgentle said:
    It can drain a colour that already is at 0.

Can it drain the same colo(u)r twice? There were a couple of times where the AI had AP in every color, and only one was drained.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 783 Critical Contributor

Thought I’d give this a bump as we are going to have more ascension later today.

Part of me wonders if some of these are nerfs and power ups built in at the same time to save adjustments later

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 555 Critical Contributor

I was looking forward to ascending Polaris and R&G, but all these issues for other characters is alarming. They never should've introduced ascending of characters if abilities were going to get worse whether it's intentional in some cases or bug in others. Just a dumpster fire right now.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards

@tonypq said:
    I was looking forward to ascending Polaris and R&G, but all these issues for other characters is alarming. They never should've introduced ascending of characters if abilities were going to get worse whether it's intentional in some cases or bug in others. Just a dumpster fire right now.

I'm nervous on some of the crazier 4* not because of bugs but because of adjusted abilities. i.e. Peggy's AP increase or Ghost Rider's reduced penance stare. If Polaris suddenly only made 1 strike tile per match rather than 3 or maxed out at a 2 turn stun instead of 4, it would be unfortunate.

The good news on Polaris specifically is Ice posted screenshots in the discord and she'll still be doing the things she does (4 turn stun, 3 specials per match). Whether her damage is enough I have no idea.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

I really hope they tone down 4Polaris+GRocket+Juggs5 because as things stand assembling that team means you can then skip 4* land completely - if it has the same relative strength when ascended things are going to get boring.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

I’m curious if ascended juggernaut is going to have his Wakanda Forever exclusion lifted or not.

• sambrookjm

Here's an ability that feels wrong from the new batch:

1 Star Juggernaut, when Ascended at LVL 94:
    Headbutt, LVL 3 - 8 AP, deals 2720 damage to enemy, and 1715 damage to himself
    Headbutt, LVL 4 - 7 AP, deals 2891 damage to enemy, and 1715 damage to himself
    Headbutt, LVL 5 - 6 AP, deals 3308 damage to enemy, and 3430 damage to himself

Why does his self-inflicted damage double from LVL 4 to 5? Is this intentional?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023

Not a power, but ascended 5 star XF wolvie was usable in the 4 star node in the deadpool daily. All my other ascended 4 stars are locked out, he's the only special one.