10th Anniversary Community Challenge - Stretch Goals

Options

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    Don't be greedy lol, the stretchiness we already got was great.

Also completed. Nice B)

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:

Indeed it was, but they don't have to keep giving stones, they can do other things. Anniversary or fan fave store tokens, more shards to different characters... there's still 2 weeks left!

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

Indeed it was, but they don't have to keep giving stones, they can do other things. Anniversary or fan fave store tokens, more shards to different characters... there's still 2 weeks left!

with Champions 2.0, I would love like a 100 pack of standard tokens

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This will get more stretched than Reed Richards!

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

Or roster slots.... or like in these lightning vaults with the ascended kang and now deadpool, an ascended character like that would be super cool. Like say Psylocke... just saying. In case someone needs some ideas 😁

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

As someone who routinely saves up hundreds of standards to open in batches, I would say the major need is an "open [50 or 100] tokens" speed button.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,949 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Can we unlock the ability to buy Standards with ISO again?

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 599 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

As someone who routinely saves up hundreds of standards to open in batches, I would say the major need is an "open [50 or 100] tokens" speed button.

Er...there is an open 50 on Standards. Though maybe you are looking for a higher number.

• Skunktrain
    Skunktrain Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

Out of curiosity: what is the status of the challenge currently? I have only ever gotten a blank white page when trying to look.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Options

@Skunktrain said:
    Out of curiosity: what is the status of the challenge currently? I have only ever gotten a blank white page when trying to look.

It's 280.4%

• Skunktrain
    Skunktrain Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

@Skunktrain said:

It's 280.4%

Thank you.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

So we are getting the stone and Mthor rebalance lol

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Options

301.8% and counting.... i wonder how far it'll go, 500%? More?

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2023
    Options

@dorkknight7669 said:

@mkilly said:
    IMO, the big difference in why we've succeeded at this community challenge and failed at others is because this one got tracked in the Quests tab.

It also helps that the quests get met a little bit more organically

May 2023: Fire 500 Million abilities between May 8-14th

July 2023: Fire 1.25 Million Team Up Abilities Between July 13-26th / Gift 250K Team Up Abilities

I think it's a combination of factors:
    1) Being in the Quests tab for all players
    2) Being reminded each day
    3) Different tasks each day vs. one endless task
    4) Starting each day with very easy tasks
    5) Tasks being achievable (especially easy ones)
    6) Receiving instant-gratification Iso for each task
    7) Seeing daily progress (individually & collectively)
    8) Being reminded that everyone else is pulling their weight / contributing (whether that's camaraderie or peer pressure?)
    9) It's just easier to reach a bunch of small milestones rather than keep going blindly through a never--ending marathon without feedback:

"Make 30 Green matches"?
    Okay.

"Fire 500 Million abilities"
    Wait, what? How many am I supposed to do by myself? How many days are there? How many matches do I play per day? How many other active players are there? What teams fire the most abilities per match? Is this going to hurt my PVE placement? How many have I done so far? Am I doing good? Am I on track? Am I the only one doing this? Hello?

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options

That'd be a neat stretch goal lol, another 1mil to get old old peggy back.

• Hellrey
    Hellrey Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

@dxanders said:

@Hellrey said:
    Add the possibility to get skins: battle damaged suit and zombie version, classic version and current version of the comics.

There are many characters that deserve a redesign of their current skins that have a quality inferior to the standard (Rhino, Puck alpha flight and Abomination are some examples, there are many more. Improve the quality of the illustrations, if we place the illustration of The indestructible hulk next to abomination is more evident the neglect of quality that can not be allowed in a game where the representation of a character will be maintained in the long term. Failure in quality control.

The same happens with animations of very little inventiveness almost lazy.
    Love of detail is what makes the difference between the success or failure of a game.
    We managed to reach an excellent goal of 10 years but to continue longer we have to improve, correct mistakes and always aim to improve.

That sounds like a very patronizng/insulting way to talk about the developers.

With all due respect @dxanders in my comment I never disrespected the developer of the game I advise you to pay more attention to what you read.
    It is evident that the art level is low, many people notice it just by looking at the images, if you like the current quality of the product I'm happy for you, I hope it will improve and improve more and more to last longer and can offer a product that captivates the audience not only for the gameplay but for the visual aspect clearly left aside and neglected long ago.

• Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Scofie @fight4thedream could you please split off the inevitable nerf mThor discussion to its own thread please? I check in to this thread to see if there is an announcement in when stretch goal rewards will be coming. Not the same old tiresome MPQ chicken or the egg topic of nerf or not.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

There’s one week left until the end of the month so probably get the rewards then or Monday maybe

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Colognoisseur said:
    @Scofie @fight4thedream could you please split off the inevitable nerf mThor discussion to its own thread please? I check in to this thread to see if there is an announcement in when stretch goal rewards will be coming. Not the same old tiresome MPQ chicken or the egg topic of nerf or not.

Done. Sorry - should have done so earlier.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Colognoisseur said:

Done. Sorry - should have done so earlier.

Yeah.
    It should of.
    Come on scofie have a word with yourself.