10th Anniversary Community Challenge - Stretch Goals

Options
MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 127 Tile Toppler

Congratulations! The hype was absolutely too strong for this event because you folks blew away all of our expectations. This is a problem we're all too happy to have. Considering the expected goal has been met, we wanted to keep this Quandary train running!

We've added some stretch goals and additional rewards for the community to work toward. Rules will remain as they are. Keep up the good work and let's continue making this the best MPQ Anniversary of all time!

Progress Dashboard
https://mpq.social/10CC

Community Challenge

• Stretch Goal #1 - Complete 1.5 million "Daily Quandaries" in the month of October.
  • Stretch Goal #2 - Complete 2 million "Daily Quandaries" in the month of October.
  • Stretch Goal #3 - Complete 2.5 million "Daily Quandaries" in the month of October.
  • *Note - This is TOTAL cumulative score. So final tier of rewards is only an additional 1.5 million points.

Daily Quandaries

• These bounties are a new type of "Daily Quest" that will be introduced at the beginning of the Anniversary.
  • A player can complete 6 total "Quandaries" a day.
  • Each day, these special bounties will get increasingly harder as you complete them and yield increased rewards.

Point Values

• Daily Quandaries 1-4 will give you 1 point each towards the overall goal.
  • Daily Quandaries 5-6 will give you 2 points each towards the overall goal.
  • Players can earn a total of 8 points total per day.

** Stretch Rewards**

• Stretch Goal #1 - 2* Spider-Man (Ascended)
  • Stretch Goal #2 - 3* Time Stone Support
  • Stretch Goal #3 - 200 5* Peggy Carter (???) Shards
  • Special Reward - Once the final tier has been reached, we will give the community the opportunity in November to vote on which character to rebalance within the next couple of months!

NOTES
We will provide more info on the Character Rebalance once the final stretch goal has been achieved.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Can you imagine if somehow a popular character like MThor ended up in the rebalance list and got voted for. The community would explode. Might be best if we don't hit this milestone unless we see the list beforehand.

KGB

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@BlixTheFrog they didn’t restart it, but that should be okay too
    But sorry I couldn’t get your cookies, maybe next year

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    Can you imagine if somehow a popular character like MThor ended up in the rebalance list and got voted for. The community would explode. Might be best if we don't hit this milestone unless we see the list beforehand.

KGB

I hate fighting MThor, so I’d be happy if she was “rebalanced”.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 574 Critical Contributor
    Options

oh man, either i need a LOT more coffee, or that goal page on mixpanel is super confusing to read.

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 307 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I'll write now who deserves a rebalance because I know i'll forget when November comes around. Please fix Winter Soldier.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If we hit these stretch goals can we vote on what goes on the (???) for 5* Peggy?

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

@KGB said:

KGB

Based off of the Chasm rebalance, I have faith... Although... Jubilee and Beast still give me serious pause as to what could happen to the OP tile destroyer (honestly, just stop her blue passive at lower a AP threshold).

It's a fun thing to have either way though, and anyone who argues it, is anti-democracy! (which is also fine). I doubt they would give the option to nerf though? Perhaps only buff. There is a much larger group of buffs thats for sure.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    If we hit these stretch goals can we vote on what goes on the (???) for 5* Peggy?

Pretty sure that's a placeholder to avoid spoiling the 5* variant of Peggy dropping next week.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

How about the special reward just be to modernize all health, ability damage, and match damage to the remaining 5*’s. It won’t be perfect, but at least you can maintain the already built-in rebalance cadence currently in practice without so much pressure to “rebalance” them all eventually.

This game is 10 years old, after all.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

Ooooo stretch goals! Let me grab my stretchy pants.. I love making 195 green matches!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Pretty sure that's a placeholder to avoid spoiling the 5* variant of Peggy dropping next week.

I see you missed the poll thread about the presumed Peggy variant…

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Don't get many expectations on nerfing mthor because you'll get sweep off in the 4* player avalanche vote.
    Dr strange rebalance is unavoidable.
    Still it's a positive fact, something that never would happen if not because of this reward.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

TBH, Polaris might be a consideration once she’s eligible to go SSJ5.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

We might have a few ideas...

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Glockoma said:
    TBH, Polaris might be a consideration once she’s eligible to go SSJ5.

I just assume that she is getting immediately nerfed the day she can be ascended.

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

There is technically no reason for 4* Polaris to be nerfed if the 5* ascended version is over-powered. From what they have said they could just fix / nerf the 5* version. But it will be interesting to see how this works in practice. If the powers of the 5* version are significantly weaker at base level then it might remove the incentive to ascend at all.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@JimboJambo said:
    There is technically no reason for 4* Polaris to be nerfed if the 5* ascended version is over-powered. From what they have said they could just fix / nerf the 5* version. But it will be interesting to see how this works in practice. If the powers of the 5* version are significantly weaker at base level then it might remove the incentive to ascend at all.

Yes but you are missing a more important point - it would just be incredibly funny to behold!