**** Doctor Bong (Lester Verde) ****

Options
1235»

Comments

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Does make it two shield trainings in a row where not being able to stun is crippling to showcasing the new character… time for a rethink on whether no stuns allowed is needed?
    Anyone remember why it was in the first place?? Just because it’s 1 vs 1 or did a particular character make it broken if stun was allowed?

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    You can also just bring him to some PvE fight to heal up your guys, any time you don't feel like using packs.

It's a little complicated by the fact that it's basically a drain, so you'd need enemies with as much health as you need to heal, but it's possible with him at least -- in a way that hasn't been realistic with anybody else in a long time.

I'm pretty sure that people doing that (i.e., healing up their A team without healthpacks) with 2* BW way back in the day is the reason that true/burst healing was implemented into the game shortly before the first Anniversary event. I wonder if BCS will just recreate all of the issues that demi had squeezed out of the game over the years.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The current Devs don't seem to have any seatbelts on when it comes to their MPQ journey, they like it fast and wild but I think all the roster slots they are looking to sell probably means they don't care about HP on health pack use becoming non existent. Fully healed characters mean you can play more MPQ for longer.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:
    You can also just bring him to some PvE fight to heal up your guys, any time you don't feel like using packs.

It's a little complicated by the fact that it's basically a drain, so you'd need enemies with as much health as you need to heal, but it's possible with him at least -- in a way that hasn't been realistic with anybody else in a long time.

I'm pretty sure that people doing that (i.e., healing up their A team without healthpacks) with 2* BW way back in the day is the reason that true/burst healing was implemented into the game shortly before the first Anniversary event. I wonder if BCS will just recreate all of the issues that demi had squeezed out of the game over the years.

I'll be ascending Patch/Daken/Loki together to relive my glory days. It's how I managed to get to the 2700 health packs I have now!

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Vhailorx said:
    I'm pretty sure that people doing that (i.e., healing up their A team without healthpacks) with 2* BW way back in the day is the reason that true/burst healing was implemented into the game shortly before the first Anniversary event.

That's the method I used to get my highest ever placing (3rd).

It probably did need looking at.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

I'll be ascending Patch/Daken/Loki together to relive my glory days. It's how I managed to get to the 2700 health packs I have now!

Yes! Me too! I was all about them true healers

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

That's exactly why and that's kinda where I was going there...

I think the game today is probably different enough that it won't be an issue among players like us, but for the lower tier folks I bet it'll be a thing. That's why I think he'll be so popular!

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Captain_Trips88 said:
    Does make it two shield trainings in a row where not being able to stun is crippling to showcasing the new character… time for a rethink on whether no stuns allowed is needed?
    Anyone remember why it was in the first place?? Just because it’s 1 vs 1 or did a particular character make it broken if stun was allowed?

I think this is a great question for the next developer Q&A!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Yeah that yellow power is going to make him VERY VERY popular. We're going to see a ton of this guy.

I love hitting the Bong for the healing power

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Captain_Trips88 said:

Is it really crippling in this case? Even in the 3 vs 3, the stun has felt like a secondary effect. The primary effect being the sheer damage that blue does once you have a few countdowns out.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

Wow, that really does bring back memories. Patch was my second fully covered 3* (after lazy cap) and that was right around the time they added Loki's (awesome) third power. That was such a great, sustainable team; especially with the old pve scoring system that required frequent, single clears (it was every 2:24 or something like that, right? ).

And just to be on topic: BONNNNGGGGGGG!

• darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Yeah that yellow power is going to make him VERY VERY popular. We're going to see a ton of this guy.

I love hitting the Bong for the healing power

Want a truly satisfying Bong? Put out the good Doc's YELLOW with Immortal Hulk, then cast RED for "Breaker on Bongs!"

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Truly crazy: Dr Bong's yellow ability can be given as a team up (I just got one from a PvE fight with him)!

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Truly crazy: Dr Bong's yellow ability can be given as a team up (I just got one from a PvE fight with him)!

Unfortunately it seems to work like Hit Monkeys TU did