Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MegaBee said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@St_Bernadus said:
    I mean, I know there are some wacky characters in the Marvel universe. But it is not what I was expecting for the 10 year anniversary character.

If I knew weird Gerber creations were on the table I would have asked for The Elf with a Gun!

Elf with a Gun should be a Support with synergy with Defenders.

First we need to actually add most of the original Defenders to that affiliation...

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What if there is a new PVE event to celebrate the launch of Doctor Bong? All nodes say Bong? All text is Bong? All fights are Howard the Duck?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'll take ANY new PVE content at this point.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Did anyone mention that this guy is literally hitting himself in the head with a brassen club? He’s not a villain, he suffered critical brain damage…

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

I think the bigger question is: was he born with a metal bell head or was it surgically attached? If it was attached, how did they get his face on it? If he was born with it, did the bell grow as he grew up?

Or was he smitten by radioactive bells and somehow transformed?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Chrynos1989 said:
    Did anyone mention that this guy is literally hitting himself in the head with a brassen club? He’s not a villain, he suffered critical brain damage…

I think this is actually implied in his comic appearances.

• Dayraven
    Dayraven Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

The bell is a costume — it doesn’t look as form-fitting in most of his comics appearances as it does on MPQ.

He used to be a normal human, a rock music critic with a stalkerish interest in Howard the Duck’s girlfriend. Where he got the bell and other supervillain kit from is vague.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Anon said:
    That yellow is bongeriffic.

See? You can't stop this guy from saying it.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

His yellow immediately makes him great with Adam Warlock.

• entrailbucket
    Options

Yeah that yellow power is going to make him VERY VERY popular. We're going to see a ton of this guy.

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options

wish his yellow worked on HIMSELF as well, that she-hulk battle was close, lost the 1st time, she had 280 health left, boosted up the 2nd time, BARELEY won that time as well, with 176 health left lol

• DAZ0273
    Options

Dr. Bong sucks against She Hulk. Wrooooong!

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Save up the AP… don’t fire them just because you can. Fire yellow twice (or 3 times) and then fire blue and purple a couple times each.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@marvel075 said:
    wish his yellow worked on HIMSELF as well, that she-hulk battle was close, lost the 1st time, she had 280 health left, boosted up the 2nd time, BARELEY won that time as well, with 176 health left lol

I am once again asking them to think about these matchups for 5 seconds.

Make the new guy look good! Try to sell him to us!

• Wyntre
    Wyntre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options

So far I've learned I will never, ever, ever take Bong in a 1-on-1 fight against anyone, ever. But especially 4* She-Hulk. Mercy, that match is a nightmare of sucky stupid. His one chance would be his... stun.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm going to admit I didn't read his powers going into the fight with She Hulk, and just randomly fired stuff in the order I got the AP for the first few times but he still had 4k health at the end of the fight. I'm guessing I was lucky for both chasing Purple for the Quandary task and having a rather fortunate board.

• entrailbucket
    Options

He's basically "Health Packs: The Character."

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    He's basically "Health Packs: The Character."

Yes, he will be a decent third for someone like apoc who can put out a ton of damage, but cannot true heal (would be great for fosthor but she will eat his tiles). Not the fastest since gathering yellow to heal will generally be slower than just burning everyone down, but certainly a good option for sustainability when you don't have any specific needs for the 3rd option.

• entrailbucket
    Options

You can also just bring him to some PvE fight to heal up your guys, any time you don't feel like using packs.

It's a little complicated by the fact that it's basically a drain, so you'd need enemies with as much health as you need to heal, but it's possible with him at least -- in a way that hasn't been realistic with anybody else in a long time.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Well look nobody expected Dr. Bong to be anything but slightly ludicrous so I am fine with him having one slightly niche use.