**** Doctor Bong (Lester Verde) ****

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, speaking for myself I want to see Firestar in the game, I grew up on "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends," but this is probably the first time anyone's asked for her on either the Forums or FB.
    On FB it was always Omega Red....

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,677 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:
    I mean, I know there are some wacky characters in the Marvel universe. But it is not what I was expecting for the 10 year anniversary character.

If I knew weird Gerber creations were on the table I would have asked for The Elf with a Gun!

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    Am I correct that this is not a limited character? Or did I miss that somewhere in the post?

Doop wasn't Limited, so I guess they're not doing that anymore.

I am still hoping that they'll announce Dino, Howard, and Taskmaster will be un-limited as part of the anniversary!

That'd be such a welcome change or even if they kept the limited tag, allow us to select them to gain shards so that if there's one you like enough you can continue to build them outside of the narrow window of anniversaries.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,677 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:
    Yeah, speaking for myself I want to see Firestar in the game, I grew up on "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends," but this is probably the first time anyone's asked for her on either the Forums or FB.
    On FB it was always Omega Red....

If we get her I suppose we have to have a Ms. Lion support. I'm not sure how symbiote Firestar would work either.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@St_Bernadus said:
    I mean, I know there are some wacky characters in the Marvel universe. But it is not what I was expecting for the 10 year anniversary character.

If I knew weird Gerber creations were on the table I would have asked for The Elf with a Gun!

Elf with a Gun should be a Support with synergy with Defenders.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I'd pay money for 5* Elf with a Gun

• MegaBee
    Options

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    I'd pay money for 5* Elf with a Gun

Team him with Howard the Duck and Doctor Bong for FULL GERBER POWER.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

Zemo is still at the top of my "want in the game" list, however...

A 3/5 Techno/Fixer with powers that "fix" other powers could fit right in with a Big Wheel/Bong Technologist team.

He could use his knowledge/control of technology to make other powers cheaper, increase friendly counters, fortify special tiles... Or duplicate countdown tiles that get matched, maybe even steal enemy countdowns, etc.

Give him an active black and there'd even be full color coverage with the three.

As a bonus (for me) he's connected to Zemo via the Masters of Evil and Thunderbolts.

Anyway... Interesting power set... I care nothing for the character personally, but congrats to those who are excited for it.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I really only care about how a character functions, not their look or name.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options

Agreed. I counter the character complaints with: This is AMAZING. As a character, he seems cooler than Omega Red, IronVulture all the simbies, and his abilities actually seem fun and interesting. I love it, thank you for giving us Senor Ding Dong!

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

Best release of 2023! Knocked it out of the park for me.

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I'm still waiting for an Iron Duck support for Howard, but if we're adding his rogue's gallery to the lineup, I can get behind Pro Rata, Bessie the Hellcow, Le Beaver, and, of course, Howard's real arch-enemy, the one villain absolutely no hero in the Marvel Universe could ever defeat, the Kidney Lady. Never mind her 1970s bag of tricks, now that she's got 5Gs and chemtrails and vaccines to start her conspiracy conversations before she gets to the threat of mashers stealing innocent girls' kidneys, there's absolutely no stopping her.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Heartbreaksoup said:
    I'm still waiting for an Iron Duck support for Howard, but if we're adding his rogue's gallery to the lineup, I can get behind Pro Rata, Bessie the Hellcow, Le Beaver, and, of course, Howard's real arch-enemy, the one villain absolutely no hero in the Marvel Universe could ever defeat, the Kidney Lady. Never mind her 1970s bag of tricks, now that she's got 5Gs and chemtrails and vaccines to start her conspiracy conversations before she gets to the threat of mashers stealing innocent girls' kidneys, there's absolutely no stopping her.

Heh heh I think Youngblood873927 just had a heart attack. 🤣

• Dayraven
    Dayraven Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

PLEASE START GIVING US SOME CHARACTERS WE BEEN BEGGING FOR FOR YEARS NOW.

Nothing wrong with wanting characters you like and who seem like big omissions from the game — I’m hoping for Captain Britain sometime myself — but the tradition here for Anniversaries is to add a joke character like Devil Dinosaur or Howard the Duck.

(Oh, and as for people thinking that ‘Bong’ might refer to something other than the sound of a bell? How could Steve Gerber, Marvel’s most 70s-counterculture writer, possibly make that connection…?)

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Oh, it's a 4*. Thank the Force.

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I was gonna bash on the stupid idea of making this into a character, but three powers named Bong has won me over. Bravo to whoever came up with it.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jacklag said:
    I was gonna bash on the stupid idea of making this into a character, but three powers named Bong has won me over. Bravo to whoever came up with it.

They missed the opportunity to add a passive to one of the powers called Bonnnnnnngggg!

• MegaBee
    Options

@Jacklag said:
    Oh, it's a 4*. Thank the Force.

Agreed. He'll be much easier to ascend to 5* that way.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That yellow is bongeriffic.