**** Doctor Bong (Lester Verde) ****

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited November 2023 in Character Details

Doctor Bong (Lester Verde)
4-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains, Geniuses, Technologists

"A career journalist, Lester Verde was more into shaping perceptions than reporting the unvarnished truth. While writing an expose on a band, Lester lost his hand and retreated from the public light. Re-emerging as Doctor Bong, his shining intellect has given him acoustic mastery, enabling him to protect and destroy using harmonics. Doctor Bong has been a thorn in the side of various SuperHeroes over the years, from Howard the Duck to She-Hulk."

Abilities listed at level 70/270/370
Health: 4816/17837/36526

Bonnng - 8 Blue AP
Doctor Bong strikes his bell-shaped head, creating a 6-turn Sonic Bong Repeater tile that stuns the target for 1 turn(s). Then, fortify all friendly Countdown and Repeater tiles, dealing 9 damage for each tile fortified.
270: 18 damage | 370: 37 damage

• Level 2: Create a 5-Turn Sonic Bong Repeater tile. Deals 28 damage for each tile fortified.
    • 270: 54 damage | 370: 112 damage
  • Level 3: Creates a 4-turn Sonic Bong Repeater tile. Deal 93 damage for each tile fortified.
    • 270: 180 damage | 370: 372 damage
  • Level 4: Stuns the target for 2 turns. Deals 185 damage for each tile fortified.
    • 270: 361 damage | 370: 744 damage
  • Level 5: Stuns the target for 3 turns. Deal 509 damage for each tile fortified.
    • 270: 992 damage | 370: 2045 damage

Bonnnnngg - 7 Purple AP
With a well struck Bonnngg of his bell-shaped head, Dr. Bong sends sonic waves out from up to 2 friendly Countdown and Repeater tiles, dealing 19 damage for each, and destroying the tiles orthogonally adjacent to them (destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP).
270: 36 damage | 370: 74 damage

• Level 2: Deal 93 damage for each friendly Countdown and Repeater tile.
    • 270: 180 damage | 370: 372 damage
  • Level 3: Deal 185 damage for each friendly Countdown and Repeater tile.
    • 270: 361 damage | 370: 744 damage
  • Level 4: Deal 324 damage for each friendly Countdown and Repeater tile.
    • 270: 631 damage | 370: 1301 damage
  • Level 5: From up to 3 Countdown and Repeater tiles, deal 389 damage for each.
    • 270: 758 damage | 370: 1562 damage

Bonnnnnnggg - 5 Yellow AP
Doctor Bong uses his psychological prowess to help his clients unearth their problems with his “Crash Course” in mental health. Create 2 5-turn Crash Course Countdown tiles that heal allies for 12% of the damage they inflict while the tile is on the board.
270: N/A / 370: N/A

• Level 2: Heal allies for 16% of the damage they inflict.
    • 270: N/A / 370: N/A
  • Level 3: Create 3 Countdown tiles.
  • Level 4: Create 6-turn Countdown tiles that heal allies for 18% of the damage they inflict.
  • Level 5: Heal allies for 30% of the damage they inflict.

Feeder Update

Release Events

Story
Infinite Pursuit - 10/5 - 10/9
Doctor Bong (Lester Verde) Covers and Shards in Placement rewards, Event Token in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. 10/8 - 10/12
Doctor Bong (Lester Verde) Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Honor Among Thieves 10/9 - 10/13
Doctor Bong (Lester Verde) Covers and Shards + Vault Token in Progression rewards

Versus
Sticks and Stones - Luke Cage (HfH) - 10/5 - 10/9
Doctor Bong (Lester Verde) Cover and Shards as Placement rewards

The Bell Tolls - Doctor Bong - 10/8 - 10/12
Doctor Bong (Lester Verde) Covers and Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Offers
Doctor Bong & Foes Vault 10/8 - 10/12
80 Item Vault:
3x 4-Stars 1x Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force), 1x Howard the Duck (Howard, A Duck), 1x Random 4-Star cover
7x Tokens - 1x Legendary, 1x Mighty, 2x Heroic Tokens, 3x Beginner Support
6x Iso-8 - 1x 5,000 Iso-8, 2x 2,500 Iso-8, 3x 1,000 Iso-8
15x 3-Stars - 3x Deadpool (It’s Me, Deadpool), 12x Random 3-Star
49x 2-Stars - 10x Storm (Classic), 39x Random 2-Star

Comments

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Clearly OP with Sentry, through their combination of diagonal countdowns and orthogonal tile destruction - once ascended to 5* it is game over for all other teams! I dub this inevitable & eternal meta "Bongentry", and salute our future Bongenteers.

• TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options

@TheVulture said:
    Clearly OP with Sentry, through their combination of diagonal countdowns and orthogonal tile destruction - once ascended to 5* it is game over for all other teams! I dub this inevitable & eternal meta "Bongentry", and salute our future Bongenteers.

SentientBong

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I like the blue's mass fortifying, but a 4-turn repeater (at best) is waaaaay too slow and vulnerable to exist.

Purple - Please don't use the word orthogonally! It makes my feet sad

Yellow - Sounds cool and possibly crazy strong. Does this apply to matches and powers? Passives?

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options

Wow.
    Buckle up people, the celebrations have begun.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Not the kind of bong I expected when I clicked. Too bad, it would have made for some really interesting powers. 🤣

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

Normally I’m not a fan of the jokey characters but this one genuinely made me laugh!
    The powers actually seem really interesting as well, and at the end of the day that’s all I really care about.
    Kudos for essentially having 3 powers called the same thing (that won’t get confusing!)

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options

So maybe we’re getting Juggerduck for the new 5-Star.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Am I correct that this is not a limited character? Or did I miss that somewhere in the post?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This character is from 1977. Wow. It's on the same league as Big Wheel.
    Stunning and fortifying plus powerful healing.
    Those traits aren't the ones of a killer character, more like a really annoying supporting defensive character.
    Will be there some player willing to spend a lot of resources in him for trolling attackers?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    Am I correct that this is not a limited character? Or did I miss that somewhere in the post?

Doop wasn't Limited, so I guess they're not doing that anymore.

I am still hoping that they'll announce Dino, Howard, and Taskmaster will be un-limited as part of the anniversary!

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

This means a 5 Star Paste Pot Pete…right?

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options

not surprised if this guy become a special only character like Task master, howard the duck etc.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options

True heal?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@liminal_lad said:
    True heal?

It doesn't say "Burst" so unless this description is different than the game, it's true heal.

Plus, I've heard bongs bring healing

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Actually this character will help a lot all players and it doesn't matter if he is level 70 or 550.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:
    Actually this character will help a lot all players and it doesn't matter if he is level 70 or 550.

If he's Limited it's really hard to get his covers though, so hopefully they're not doing that anymore.