Upcoming Character Rebalance - Chasm (9/21/23)

Options

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,339 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    People still sold their Gambits anyway, though!

I sold him. It was the best decision I made. Got into 5* land much quicker than if I just had kept him. I didn't have any champs besides Gambit (IIRC) and that got me a 5* Thor and 5*Okoye champed which, at the time, was quite helpful. That nerf Gambit took was horrific and it took me years to champ another one.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 178 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hopefully it turns out this nerf won't be as bad as what I hear happened ol Remy. Here's the current feels from the poll. Seems relatively balanced, but I am one of the ones who hopes it didn't go too far: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/89093/chasm-nerf-poll

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They said his changes will "go live the evening of 21st" so I am guessing that is evening their time so in Europe and parts further east we wont see any of this until tomorrow?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    They said his changes will "go live the evening of 21st" so I am guessing that is evening their time so in Europe and parts further east we wont see any of this until tomorrow?

Probably with the DP tomorrow morning our time, 7am CET / 6am for you Brits.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Probably with the DP tomorrow morning our time, 7am CET / 6am for you Brits.

So full power Chasm is gonna be in Class of 2022? Can I get an uh-oh?

• Bowgentle
    Options

I'll wait for the Chasm people to get points tonight, then harvest after the nerf tomorrow.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I found yellowjacket champs to be super annoying actually. I don't usually consider invisibility when making teams, since most people that go invis put a tile on the board that mthor or luck can take care of. But with YJ, especially boosted, suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper screwed.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wonder if Chasm's rebalance delay had more to do with Champion 2.0. The new feature will distract us enough from the nerf

• DAZ0273
    edited September 2023
    Options

I haven't seen anything about re-sale offer for him in game? Not that I am particularly looking to do so but it isn't exactly clear what the tokens you get are for? Is there a special vault or store?

Edit: Of course the answer to this is on Discord...

• LavaManLee
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I haven't seen anything about re-sale offer for him in game? Not that I am particularly looking to do so but it isn't exactly clear what the tokens you get are for? Is there a special vault or store?

So....what is the answer? DIscord is really horrible for searching.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Tokens for a store with all the 5s except Latest and Chasm.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@DAZ0273 said:

So....what is the answer? DIscord is really horrible for searching.

Sorry - just realised I didn't say. As Bowgentle said below - I think the store is invisible unless you actually sell Chasm.

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options

looks like his black passive isn't even doing the "end of turn 115%" damage lol

• DAZ0273
    Options

The sell back lasts for a month also like last time which I guess was Gambit.

• LavaManLee
    Options

Have they said what is in the store? Is at an equal chance at the giant 5* pool that exists today?

• DAZ0273
    Options

Every 5 apart from Chasm and Latest 3 is what I understand. So x amount of shots depending on the size of your Chasm at like 83 possible characters.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Sorry that would be 82 as I assume Monstrous Miles not in there either.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Every 5 apart from Chasm and Latest 3 is what I understand. So x amount of shots depending on the size of your Chasm at like 83 possible characters.

So, "the standard sell back." It's the same as OML and Gambit.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Seems that way, yes.

• LavaManLee
    Options

Horrible deal, IMHO. Probably better just to keep Chasm champed. At worst, he's mid-tier.